Devils Vs Flames - League - 1st March 24 - FO 19:30

We threw that away but what a game to be at. Great entertainment. The shithousery from Flames was first class. Ferguson and Alvaro are masters of it. Credit to Batch he was physical all night and took on Locke which is a crazy thing to do but did very well.

We didn't lose that because of the officials but they were bloody awful. Ben's trip was as blatant as you could get but Moseys just before OT was soft, Alderson gets called after a shoving someone from behind who held his stick and threw it away, then not to long after Crawford gets dumped on his arse with the exact same hit Alderson got done for and nothing got called. They almost scored off it as well. Truly baffling. Such a poor standard of officiating.

Not sure I liked the Devils goal horn during the shoot out. No need for it. Just like Cox on the ice during OT, no need for it.
If Batch had dropped both gloves he would've done even better

BostonBart22

Can't believe the four blind mice didn't see the blatant trip on Davis, and no wonder mosey lost it with the call on him ..years ago in the WNIR there was always an official assessing the performance of the officials in games,, if there was 1 there last night they probably be reffing the fire next game .

All officials last night were like a used condoms. Not fit for purpose. I was at the game last night and never felt comfortable with us ever holding our lead. Yet again the same basic simple mistakes being made time and time again. Most of Guilfords goals came from the screening Bownsy and not once did the D clear them out. Its the same simple mistakes happening year after year and not been picked up on... Sorry but does any of the coaches actually look at this? Entertainment was 100% with all the fights etc and even Evan Mosey giving grief to the officials was amazing to see, someone who actually had a pair of BALLS to call them out.

TL91

parking is gonna put a lot of fans off going soon, especially next season when toys r us out of action from january i heard. why the old blue tent car park got closed is ridiculous, enough space there for a goof 50 plus cars i would think..
Parking is a shambles in general. ‘International’ pool and that is the car parking for it? Same with Cardiff ‘International’ White Water. Absolutely embarrassing it’s half arsed and dangerous. Lights still off outside the rink too…council can’t sort that out but crack on with other vanity projects. Would hate to pay my council tax there.

Earnie

As mentioned by TL91 - why are all the lights extinguished when we are departing the arena? I know there is a cost to everything but it is a safety issue.
Is it IAW, Council or Swimmimg pool thing. Need to get some coordination in place.

TL91

As mentioned by TL91 - why are all the lights extinguished when we are departing the arena? I know there is a cost to everything but it is a safety issue.
Is it IAW, Council or Swimmimg pool thing. Need to get some coordination in place.
I did see a post from Katrina a number of weeks ago saying they’d been chasing the council over it to get sorted. That whole area is an embarrassment to the council…or should be!

GOAT 5+2 for roughing
No illegal equipment call, no roughing or crosschecking for Alvaro...

Pantomime stuff.
Alvaro needed 2 minutes for the lack of right strap.

BUT. Martin was lucky not the get the instigator penalty. I hate the instigator penalty - it’s completely unfit for purpose and I would have been livid if it was called, but it’s been called for less. I imagine part of that was because Martin is respected by refs and Alvaro is known for Alvaro-ing.

Swarley

Mentioned on twitter that someone DM'd Ions after the game threatening him and his kids. That is not on. Whoever did that should get a life ban.
Not agreeing with fans threatening officals or their family members but I can't take his word on it being true because of the absolute mess he caused last night.

Any time an offical has been chewed out by fans on twitter in public posts they've always come out with *I've gotten messages with threats towards my family* it's a scapegoat post in my eyes because it's always the same post now if it is in fact true then the fans doing it should be punished.

But the credibility and respect of the officals are absolutely rock bottom league wide and the only ones to blame are the officals who can't call a game down the middle or even call a game correctly.