Devils Vs steelers - League - 24th Feb 24 - FO 19:00

Hedd Wyn John

Huge performance from the team tonight, we got a little help from the hockey gods but we played hard, played smart and did enough to throw Sheffield off their stride at key moments. The team absorbed a lot of pressure to see out the game- which was massive. One of the best games I've seen a very long time. Two empty net goals too which you don't often see.

Slartibartfast

Great team performance but Bownsy and the defensive work by our forwards was outstanding tonight. Most enjoyable game in a while and shows we still have a chance of a trophy.

Hoping @Finny or someone has the ice time starts. Crawford and Sandford in particular barely left the ice.
A proper team effort tonight and the highlight of the season for me, which is handy timing with season ticket renewal. Sign me up.
I thought Alderson was excellent but the entire team were too. Couldn’t find a single player to fault.
Busch looked like a shoulder injury from bouncing off a hit he was getting to make. he knew immediately that it was bad and went straight to the changing room. Benny did well to move up into his place on the 3rd line.
What an atmosphere all game as well. One to remember.
It funny as fans we see the games different and have our own opinions,I thought Alderson was useless again just enigma player does not play like a power forward should do.Mosey was poor tonight for me aswell but majority of our guys were on form .

BostonBart22

Sheffield came to our barn thinking it's gonna be a walk in the park, they truly had their arse spanked tonight in every dept, and we stopped their 12 game winning streak. Sanford was mom for me 2nd to bowns of course just for he was everywhere tonight from one end to the other there was no stopping him...re. busch injury I thought he took a slash to the wrist and dopey Dalton did nowt about it, some of those steelers players could've been done for embellishment diving all over the ice..but the highlight for me was the 5 on 3 pk truly awesome against their firepower. Is this gonna be Sheffield blip, certainly hope so, they are due a bad run , we got 2 more against them and our friends in northern Ireland got them 4 times.. so for once their coach was out foxed for once and boy his was was priceless at the end, keep it going boys , tough game to follow tonight v a wounded battered guildford.

Finny

Hoping @Finny or someone has the ice time starts. Crawford and Sandford in particular barely left the ice.
A proper team effort tonight and the highlight of the season for me, which is handy timing with season ticket renewal. Sign me up.
I thought Alderson was excellent but the entire team were too. Couldn’t find a single player to fault.
Busch looked like a shoulder injury from bouncing off a hit he was getting to make. he knew immediately that it was bad and went straight to the changing room. Benny did well to move up into his place on the 3rd line.
What an atmosphere all game as well. One to remember.
Time on Ice stats can be found here:
https://www.eliteleague.co.uk/game/4218-car-she/stats

It’s the very last column on the right and doesn’t scroll on all browsers though. I had to download Firefox for it to show on my iPad.

Pembo

Sheffield came to our barn thinking it's gonna be a walk in the park, they truly had their arse spanked tonight in every dept, and we stopped their 12 game winning streak. Sanford was mom for me 2nd to bowns of course just for he was everywhere tonight from one end to the other there was no stopping him...re. busch injury I thought he took a slash to the wrist and dopey Dalton did nowt about it, some of those steelers players could've been done for embellishment diving all over the ice..but the highlight for me was the 5 on 3 pk truly awesome against their firepower. Is this gonna be Sheffield blip, certainly hope so, they are due a bad run , we got 2 more against them and our friends in northern Ireland got them 4 times.. so for once their coach was out foxed for once and boy his was was priceless at the end, keep it going boys , tough game to follow tonight v a wounded battered guildford.
Busch injury - It looked to me like an elbow hyper extension from where I was sitting. Lucky inferno isn’t running an A&E department as that’s at least 3 different joint injuries we’ve diagnosed from 3 different posts! He looked like knew was properly hurt as went straight down to changing room, ?re-aggravated previous injury?

What a game, what an atmosphere. Ben Bowns absolutely majestic. Every player bought in and even though not every player played their best game, commitment was . Sheffield are excellent, but as other posters have said, no harm if getting some wins against them to get in their heads ahead of playoffs. (Although assuming we finish second, we just need to pray Panthers don’t sneak into 7th or we might not make it to the finals weekend .)

Swarley

The game last night was absolutely cracking, the biggest let down was the officals, so many dodgy calls on both teams but the one that stood out for me was the call on batch for slashing, my entire block was laughing at the offical for the call made.

Other than that the game was pure hockey and it was awesome to see panic setting in on fox's face and costing them two empty net goals, fingers crossed he panics more often!

MA18

The game last night was absolutely cracking, the biggest let down was the officals, so many dodgy calls on both teams but the one that stood out for me was the call on batch for slashing, my entire block was laughing at the offical for the call made.

Other than that the game was pure hockey and it was awesome to see panic setting in on fox's face and costing them two empty net goals, fingers crossed he panics more often!
Some awful calls.

I don’t understand how one ref stood on the play can be content with a challenge but the ref in s different zone can call a penalty.

I don’t know his name but the ref wearing 25 made a few dubious calls but also let s few things go that I thought would have been called.

BostonBart22

Some awful calls.

I don’t understand how one ref stood on the play can be content with a challenge but the ref in s different zone can call a penalty.

I don’t know his name but the ref wearing 25 made a few dubious calls but also let s few things go that I thought would have been called.
Andy dallton, very rare we see him, does a lot of officiating in belfast I believe..

Earnie

When players (or coaches) get a fine by DOPS is it a set amount like £75 or three days pay or whatever? Anybody shed any light on it?

Swarley

He is the sole reason the dummies guide to hockey was created, he couldn't tell his elbow from his arse hole last night and just made the entire group of officals look incompetent

MA18

He is the sole reason the dummies guide to hockey was created, he couldn't tell his elbow from his arse hole last night and just made the entire group of officals look incompetent
Yep. He looked completely lost on a few occasions.
Easy to critique from my seat, I can’t skate well enough to even think about doing it but he was woeful.