Devils Vs Flyers - League - 14th Feb 24 - FO 19:30

Finny

It’s not often you win a game but still feel annoyed afterwards, yet that’s exactly how I feel after that.

I know it’s our 3rd game in 6 days (4th in 7 for some) but we seemed to think we could play in 2nd gear and still get the win.
Fife were short-benched, long midweek travel and we should have been all over them that first period. Yet there was no intensity, no jump. And to make matters worse we kept making stupid plays on our blue line to gift Fife odd man rushes.

Yes we got into 3rd gear for the third and maybe even briefly 4th gear, but that’s just not good enough. This was back to the bad days of December/January.

Yes we got the two points and hopefully it was just a blip and we move on but I‘m struggling to celebrate after that win.

ASHIPP

Got to feel a bit for Fife...leading 2-1 putting up a brave performance with only 16 skaters. Devils, not playing at their best, snatch the game in the last 10 minutes.
It is a matter of who has the team with the most stamina and least injuries......the fixture timetable is looking congested for everyone between now and the end of the season. Better get used to it.

Finny

Not a good performance by any means, but i do feel we wouldn’t have came back if this was before Christmas. The team are showing they can comeback which is a good sign
That’s the one positive to take out of the game. We’ve definitely rediscovered that “never beaten” attitude we had at the start of the year but lost midway through.

Wannabe2

Got to feel a bit for Fife...leading 2-1 putting up a brave performance with only 16 skaters. Devils, not playing at their best, snatch the game in the last 10 minutes.
It is a matter of who has the team with the most stamina and least injuries......the fixture timetable is looking congested for everyone between now and the end of the season. Better get used to it.
Flyers only had 14 skaters, plus 2 netminders.

Wannabe2

That really was a pretty lousy game tonight, I wonder if some are thinking well we can’t win the league, 2nd place is fairly nailed on, let’s chill until the play offs. The confusing bit is that we can play pretty damn good when we want to. But we are carrying too many passengers, and it’s hurting the team.

Earnie

No, I think they came on thinking this was going to be a training session and it bit them
on the bum. Fife deserved a point at least.

E.D.S.

Im trying to be kind and looking at the facts… thats a lot of games in a short space of time, its two points, good perseverance from the team…. But it was just dire.

Two points. Onwards.

Last edited:

Diablo3

Sorry but this shower of shite cannot continue.. this team needs to be ripped apart and start from the beginning.... but you get the old crap from Todd and management defending them...
Shower of shite huh? 2nd in the league and on a run of 10 straight wins is not good enough for you? Stop peddling this b*S. We all know the Steelers will win the league, so 2nd is up for grabs and we are well placed to take it. Yes it was a gritty win tonight, but given the amount of hockey the guys have played recently, I'll take it.

That was a tough game to watch, very little hits until 2nd/3rd. Not a good game to sell to the newbies/happy clappers. Not sure that was worth ruining my chances with the wife by going lol It was like both teams just didn't want to be there.