OLYMPIC QUALIFIERS - GB vs China (08/02 @ 2000), Serbia (10/02 @ 1900) & Romania (11/02 @ 1900)

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
1707345085670.jpeg

General thread for the Olympic Qualifiers being held in Cardiff this weekend...

More information than I can put can be found on the Devils Website

The games aren't live on TV anywhere, but a webcast is available from HERE

If you don't have the webcast, Team GB Ice hockey is likely to have important updates from all 3 games HERE

And there's a useful and decent preview from them as well :)

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #3
I know GB are ranked the highest in this, but 7-0 is pretty good going towards the end of the second period!

Earnie

The GB fans from Across the Bridge are a good and faithful following. I would estimate about 2000 there tonight.
I would have expected more Devils fans to fill the place out when there is a GB game actually playing. We do have a league game tomorrow I suppose.
As Chris says we may be ranked the highest but I expected something better from China!

Diablo3

That was some performance by GB. It was as if we had a 60 minute PP. They just didn't allow China to play. I was expecting much more from the Chinese team.

Serbia vs Romania earlier was dire.

Have Hope#35

The GB fans from Across the Bridge are a good and faithful following. I would estimate about 2000 there tonight.
I would have expected more Devils fans to fill the place out when there is a GB game actually playing. We do have a league game tomorrow I suppose.
As Chris says we may be ranked the highest but I expected something better from China!
Dease confirmed on Wally's Podcast that for whatever reason they aren't using any of their Dual Nationals for this tournament and he expected GB to tump them.

Earnie

As a matter of interest who would some of those dual nationals be?

Also I noticed neither Keefe of Taffy were on bench duty last night. I wonder if they have
pulled out of GB duties?

Last edited:

Have Hope#35

As a matter of interest who would some of those dual nationals be?

Also I noticed neither Keefe of Taffy were on bench duty last night. I wonder if they have
pulled out of GB duties?
Over half their roster from last years Worlds - Anyone with a half and half flag next to their name in this line up: https://www.eliteprospects.com/team/4481/china/2022-2023 Most of which have KHL/AHL/NHL experience.

Here is yesterday's line up: https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2024/ogqp3h/gamecenter/lineup/58122/2-gbr-vs-chn

Dease also mentioned that he's hoping to join up with GB so perhaps there's an opening? Podcast here:

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #20
Final score...

Serbia 0-11 GB :D

Being described as a winner-takes-all game tomorrow against Romania, so I guess there's a bit more riding on that one!