2024/2025 season ticket

BostonBart22

Another thing to think about is the players didn't perform in the challeng Cup when needed and failed to get the lucrative semi final all pay game, 60 thousand pound in tkt sales possibly was down the drain and all the add ons merch, bar, food, 50/50, sohb...all adds up to a major budget failure for next season, so us loyal fans are paying the high inflation on season tkts for next season due to players underperforming, and we gotta pay for that, gripe over..

Maybe us posters should Identify ourselves a little bit so we get an idea of ages amongst regular posters. e.g. S for senior.
I recall when we started at IAW we were invited in according to ‘the list’ and we selected our season ticket location. Initially at that time there was no reduction whatsoever for Seniors. We created a bit of a fuss and the reduction for seniors was applied.
S
Old git

BostonBart22

It's the admin price is another bug bear. Direct debit mandate is already in place and taking us for fools to pay it every season, surprised it hasn't gone up to 30.. 00. Can't wait for the charges for sauce to go on chips etc.

Wannabe2

Hey everybody. I don’t want this to sound like a cop out but the four of us here do not get involved in pricing decisions. I’m currently out of the country but I’ll do my best to try and get some colour on the pricing changes over the coming days. One thing I can assure you of is that there was no message or targeting of seniors/disabled. I can also say that with essentially no price increases last year in a high inflation world, it looks to me like Todd has worked very hard to maintain affordability while also trying to keep our player budget competitive.

Never an easy balance unfortunately.
Sorry Steve but this is a targeting of Seniors and Disabled, otherwise people wouldn’t be bothered about it. When you Lush people came in to own the Devils one of the main topics was we are family, well members of families get older, and the unfortunate ones may regrettably become disabled, but as a family do we penalise them, or Chuck them on the scrap heap. Having a price increase is no problem to most, and most certainly needed but surely that should be done with the decency and decorum of equality for all.

Wannabe2

If you raise the percentage increase on tickets for the Seniors and Disabled by 18% , then why not raise the increase for everyone by 18%, then you make even more money. And no DISCRIMINATION.

It doesn't make sense, the seniors have introduced their children, their grandchildren and also numerous friends of theirs and their children to this family sport. It is short-sighted as a business to now penalise them. This is why this seems to me to be a way of getting maximum ££££ out of each seat.
But then to discard the logo and in some part the history of the seniors with the club again makes it look like targeting the seniors

Ejercito Rojas

Why is wanting equality for all troublesome.???????
It isn’t!
However, I was not referring to this thread in particular but many many threads including but not restricted to, poor team performances, the re-brand, etc etc.

I am with you on this. This price rise is discriminatory and puts the biggest percentage increase burden on the old and infirm!

Like you I have been a ST holder for many many years, having followed the Devils since the 80’s but I think you have misunderstood the context of my comment!

Last edited:

Sheincar

Wow, over an 11% increase was a lot more than I anticipated. I'm going to have to have a long think if I can justify renewing my ST next year. I know we get 5 "free games" but we also have no choice but to buy 6 dead rubber CC games and then you save "£40 on ticket fees" but have to pay £25 to set up a DD so only £15 saved in reality.
18% if you're elderly or disabled.

Wannabe2

It isn’t!
However, I was not referring to this thread in particular but many many threads including but not restricted to, poor team performances, the re-brand, etc etc.

I am with you on this. This price rise is discriminatory and puts the biggest percentage increase burden on the old and infirm!

Like you I have been a ST holder for many many years, having followed the Devils since the 80’s but I think you have misunderstood the context of my comment!
In that case my friend I apologise profoundly.

ASHIPP

No one objects to a price increase. Think it was anticipated by most fans as everything else is going up in price and costs need to be covered. The sad thing here is that for some seniors and less able bodied fans, Hockey Night will be the highlight of the week. It's hard not to be confused by the variance in % increases on different types of ticket and not to reach the suggestion that it looks like a bit of targeting is happening. And hard for many to afford it now.

Last edited:
The pricing does seem very inconsistent. Maybe give the club a chance to explain and then everyone can decide if they want (can afford) to purchase an ST. I stopped buying one years ago and don't make many games ( do buy webcast often though). Unfortunately a lot of things outside of hockey now are priorities and the hockey comes second.

Incidently, I went to a Cov game a couple of weeks ago and a 12% is automatically added on, making an Adult ticket £24.68 !!

As for age....I can't retire yet but i am over half a century lol

Last edited: