The inferno moaned - The Devils fixed it

Slartibartfast

Thread starter #1
When I look back at some of the things we have moaned about over the season its interesting to look at some of the stats now as we approach the latter part of the season.

Early in the season, some complained that Sanford had lost his scoring touch and I questioned using him on the PK. Sanford is now the leagues 2nd top scorer with 21 goals.
Cox also took a lot of criticism and is now the 2nd top for assists.
Crawford is often bashed but is top for assists, the second top points scorer and has a plus minus of +20.
Some (including myself) doubted bringing Crandall back and while his points (21 in 32 games) don't tell the full story, he has been in great form and is 6th in +/- showing how important he has been defensively.
But the most impressive stat of all is our PP. Considering how bad it seemed a few months back, its hard to believe but we are now 2nd in the league with 27%, narrowly behind Sheffield.

While the league is very likely in Sheffields hands its good to see that so many things have improved as we approach the playoffs.

Im sure Russell and the players don't look at the inferno to see what they need to work on but we can pretend us armchair coaches have some influence can't we?

Hedd Wyn John

When I look back at some of the things we have moaned about over the season its interesting to look at some of the stats now as we approach the latter part of the season.

Early in the season, some complained that Sanford had lost his scoring touch and I questioned using him on the PK. Sanford is now the leagues 2nd top scorer with 21 goals.
Cox also took a lot of criticism and is now the 2nd top for assists.
Crawford is often bashed but is top for assists, the second top points scorer and has a plus minus of +20.
Some (including myself) doubted bringing Crandall back and while his points (21 in 32 games) don't tell the full story, he has been in great form and is 6th in +/- showing how important he has been defensively.
But the most impressive stat of all is our PP. Considering how bad it seemed a few months back, its hard to believe but we are now 2nd in the league with 27%, narrowly behind Sheffield.

While the league is very likely in Sheffields hands its good to see that so many things have improved as we approach the playoffs.

Im sure Russell and the players don't look at the inferno to see what they need to work on but we can pretend us armchair coaches have some influence can't we?
We're on a good run of form. Don't jinx things by saying everything's been fixed.