Devils TV question

Diablo3

Thread starter #1
Just had a thought (doesn't happen often!) and it might have already been asked and answered.
Would it be possible to give season ticket holders access to watch the full home games after the event? Might be a nice perk to have. What do you think? Would it have any legs?

Kevlar68

Genuine question, Why season ticket holders only? Season ticket holders perk is price per game is cheaper than game by game tickets. Season ticket holders also get other perks, shirts, first for certain tickets etc

Last edited:

Diablo3

Thread starter #3
Genuine question, Why season ticket holders only? Season ticket holders perk is price per game is cheaper than game by game tickets. Season ticket holders also get other perks, shirts, first for certain tickets etc
Because season ticket holders don't get much for the commitment to all home games, and it will be easier to administer. Take tonights game, very entertaining and would love to watch it again without having to resort to the 90 second highlights we normally get.

Wannabe2

The one thing I would like to see is season ticket holders being able to use the VIP entrance when it’s raining, and big queues, this entrance is used by so few people it’s a bits nuts, it would also help reduce the queues outside for everyone trying to get in. The bay can be a real wet windy and cold old place, and the sooner people get in the dry the better. And one other thing that needs sorting when you leave the rink after a game it’s pure darkness outside, all the pedestrian lighting outside by the pool it turned off, there’s 3,000 people coming out after a match, yes it’s a council issue but it needs to be addressed.

pjj365

The one thing I would like to see is season ticket holders being able to use the VIP entrance when it’s raining, and big queues, this entrance is used by so few people it’s a bits nuts, it would also help reduce the queues outside for everyone trying to get in. The bay can be a real wet windy and cold old place, and the sooner people get in the dry the better. And one other thing that needs sorting when you leave the rink after a game it’s pure darkness outside, all the pedestrian lighting outside by the pool it turned off, there’s 3,000 people coming out after a match, yes it’s a council issue but it needs to be addressed.
Was there not a ST holders entrance before lock down?

Wannabe2

I don’t think there’s ever been one, but I wouldn’t bet on that. It just seems silly to have people getting wet and cold when an entrance is hardly used.

BostonBart22

Yes surprised about the lighting situation with health and safety an issue , maybe temporary floodlights to the car park only needs to switch on for hour

The non existent lighting between the pool and the rink (walking towards the bus stop) is a major issue.
An elderly family member with mobility problems has almost fallen on a couple of occasions, as it’s impossible to pick out the areas where the paving is not level. It’s a serious accident waiting to happen. We have complained to the council on several occasions but nothing has been addressed.
Yes surprised about the lighting situation with health and safety an issue , maybe temporary floodlights to the car park only needs to switch on for hour

Kevlar68

I totally agree. Season ticket holders should have a separate entrance which would speed up entry.
As for full game being shown say a day later can't see why they can't air it on devils YouTube channel.
Has technology gone backwards? At the WNIR by the time the game was over Glynn had brought the VHS in and I had put it on the TV s in gretzkys bar before most fans had ordered a pint. It always kept fans in the bar till closing time so made perfect sense to show it directly after game finished.
Is it really that difficult to get the full game aired a day later, maybe in the bar straight away or is it down to ownership rights?

It is a shame that the club does not seem to have asked for feedback or set up a fan group that could be a channel for all off-ice fan experience related concens or suggestions.

Unfortunately the only way to communicate it seems is via a fan based forum that could become a more critical, non constructive and or abusive route.

Finny

Going back to the original question - I would guess a major issue with that suggestion is that I don't think the Devils run the webcasts? I think it's a separate company.

So doing so would potentially lose that company a revenue stream (I don't know how many people buy the video after games?)