Devils vs Flames - League - 27th Jan 24 - FO 19:00

ASHIPP

Best hockey from the Devils I've seen recently. They finally seemed to pull a lot of things together in this game... excellent pk, a functioning effective pp, relentless forechecking and plenty of speed. Even a little bit of edginess! Thought I was watching one of Andrew Lord's teams! Devils did their homework. Great result.

kristian

Best hockey from the Devils I've seen recently. They finally seemed to pull a lot of things together in this game... excellent pk, a functioning effective pp, relentless forechecking and plenty of speed. Even a little bit of edginess! Thought I was watching one of Andrew Lord's teams! Devils did their homework. Great result.
I was thinking the same the way we were recycling the puck was a joy. The whole team played as a TEAM tonight.

Slartibartfast

Totally agree. This is what we have been waiting for all season. Great physicality, great PP and PK, great defence and goal tending and a couple of scraps. What more can you ask for?

The_Stick_

Our 2nd goal (first PP goal) is probably my favourite goal I’ve seen us score this season. The speed we were passing the puck at was brilliant to watch

How good was Stanford tonight when not with Cox, i thought he was a different player!

Good game that, that the way we know Cardiff can play! Few mistakes granted but we seemed to clean them up or bowns was on hand.

Seemed to have a few late/sneaky hits, be good to see them again, the one done by Ferg looked a little naughty.

All in all good game against a Guildford team that been playing decent

Slartibartfast

How good was Stanford tonight when not with Cox, i thought he was a different player!

Good game that, that the way we know Cardiff can play! Few mistakes granted but we seemed to clean them up or bowns was on hand.

Seemed to have a few late/sneaky hits, be good to see them again, the one done by Ferg looked a little naughty.

All in all good game against a Guildford team that been playing decent
I always thought it would be crazy to split Cox and Sanfords partnership but they have struggled a bit this year against some of the big D. Putting Alderson with Sanford creates some space for him to do his magic.

All 4 lines looked good. Lets hope they settle now.

Devils86

Everyone had a good game tonight. But more physical from some of those who have been criticised for disappearing.

Bowns made so many good saves and deserved his couple bits of luck. Cody D had a great game but so did Josh Batch - seemed to be more willing to get involved in the afters against Flames.

But whole team: Effort. Tenacity and drive. Cleared the net and did the simple stuff well. An entertaining night against a Flames side who didn't seem to get going. They do have some very effective rats on that roster though.

Diablo3

I thought we just never looked like we were going to lose that game, great effort from everyone. Our D was mostly solid but when they weren't, Bowns pulled off some blinding saves. Loved the take no shit attitude too. Keep this up and we could finish second.

Wannabe2

That performance tonight was worthy of a second place finish, Flames as good as they are had no answer to Devils tonight. Bowns was absolutely untrue, he was totally unbeatable, tonight we did something that has been missing for a long time, we played as a team. We upped our game to being physical, very good defence wise, and played for each other, tonight we showed we have some very good players in our team, and they produced what they really are capable of tonight. So cheers guys tough old game tomorrow, but play like tonight again and it will be a formality.

BostonBart22

Cracking game from puck drop, can't fault the effort from our boys, fergie needs his ass battered after the hit on the boards but only Sandford stepped up to the mark once again, didn't fergie do the same a while ago and put Chad out for a while ? Be intresting who plays in net tonight, personally I would go with bowns, and not risk wall at fife as we got a score to settle up there losing 4.1 last outing..thus result sets it up nicely for the Dh at Belfast next week, and Belfast are coming good once again, as it stands I would take a split weekend from Belfast anything else a bonus , keep it going boys , best I've seen for weeks.

E.D.S.

Great performance by the team. Bowns was superb, as was Batch and Cody.
What I liked most was how well we played when the game became unstructured. When it was end to end. Against Nomads (both times) and more recently, we always seem a bit disorganised when the game turns into a
Back and forth. Which more often than not it’s what away teams try to do - counterattack hockey - but tonight we dealt well with it. We seemed more switched on and focussed on basics, this allowed us to regain control when we needed it and put our puck retention game into play. Some superb cycling of the puck in the Flames Zone, giving us time to line change on the fly. Unreal saves by Bowns tonight behind a fantastic defensive display by the team.
Enjoyable game too.

Someone please stop that megaphone in block 13. Sounds shite, taking the atmosphere away if anything.
It's a great idea but the person with it sounds awful, tone deaf,drunk chanting sounds shite, it may sound ok that end but doesn't travel well around the rink.

Ocko

Best EIHL game I’ve seen in a long time. Physical, end to end and good goals. I think it was tighter than 4-0 suggests but Bowns was outstanding.