New Manchester Rink

Ocko

Thread starter #21
I think Braehead arena is the biggest capacity rink at 3,500, followed by Blackburn and Fife at 3,200, then us at 3,100. So, as it’s suggested to be the biggest rink not biggest arena I recon it’ll be about 4000.

Perfect for EIHL. Wish ours was that size.

Wannabe2

Remember it well, didn't Mr McWilliam get a match pen up there and smash the glass door leading to the changing rooms? I'm getting on a bit now so could have my facts Mcfuddled up.
MacWilliam indeed speared Storms Niedermyer in a scuffle and was thrown out, then as you say put his stick thru a glass pane in the tunnel door. It was the play off semi final Storm were huge favourites having won the league, but we crushed them 5-0, with local boy Nicky Chinn scoring a hat trick, we then went on to win the final against the Panthers with Capt Fantastic Ivan Matulik scoring two beauties. What a weekend.

I
MacWilliam indeed speared Storms Niedermyer in a scuffle and was thrown out, then as you say put his stick thru a glass pane in the tunnel door. It was the play off semi final Storm were huge favourites having won the league, but we crushed them 5-0, with local boy Nicky Chinn scoring a hat trick, we then went on to win the final against the Panthers with Capt Fantastic Ivan Matulik scoring two beauties. What a weekend.[/QUOT

It was Tomlinson who he speared but brebant wound him up good to make him do it.

BostonBart22

MacWilliam indeed speared Storms Niedermyer in a scuffle and was thrown out, then as you say put his stick thru a glass pane in the tunnel door. It was the play off semi final Storm were huge favourites having won the league, but we crushed them 5-0, with local boy Nicky Chinn scoring a hat trick, we then went on to win the final against the Panthers with Capt Fantastic Ivan Matulik scoring two beauties. What a weekend.
And what a capt he was, can we have another 1 like him

Wannabe2

Ivan still keeps up with how the Devils are doing, he was indeed one of the greatest signings the Devils ever made, and huge thanks for Sheffield bringing him to the UK in the first place. As for another Ivan think they broke the mould mate unfortunately.

moggy#9

Ivan still keeps up with how the Devils are doing, he was indeed one of the greatest signings the Devils ever made, and huge thanks for Sheffield bringing him to the UK in the first place. As for another Ivan think they broke the mould mate unfortunately.
Wasn't it Murray field that brought him over? I remember having him on my fantasy league team and getting shed loads of points because every racers goal was matulik assisted by hand.

Ocko

Thread starter #39
Info sems a bit sketchy so far. Forgive me for being cynical about anything involving planet ice.
Planet Ice are the chosen operators, they aren’t responsible for the build. Peel Waters, TraffordCities and ICITIES are behind the build.

Why cynical about Planet Ice? Serious question. For all their faults, they’re the only operator trying to get new rinks in the country and keeping many open when if they didn’t they’d close. Some of their facilities, like Bristol and Leeds, are great. I think often their reputation is built upon decrepit rinks and the BBT which were in a poor state or not fit for purpose before they were even involved.

ASHIPP

My favorite player of all time. Those steely eyes were scary but what a gent. A fantastic captain, a motivator, a true leader.