Devils Vs Blue Fox - Conti Cup Final - 14th Jan 24 - FO 19:00

NathanG

Am I right in saying that if we finish second, there's a chance we could get the CHL spot, if there's one on offer this year.

The Kazak team won't be able to enter it due to the logistics
Just looked it up. Belfast hosted it in 2018-19 and came second. The Kazak team couldn't enter so the CHL board offered it to Belfast. They'd won the league that year anyway so we were offered it as league runner up.

moggy#9

Well that was disappointing, but not really surprising. The devils were sloppy from the start, and once we were in the third period looked bereft of ideas.

I guess you reap what you sow. We again looked too lightweight and unwilling to drive the net. There are some players on this team who seem to contribute virtually nothing.

tim78

Thought all in all 2 of 3 games were superbly entertaining.

Batch, Crawford and Mosey stood well in D. Arneil has been a blast to watch and top form.
Joey and Brandt upfront together reminded me of lord and joey, hope it continues a bit (add in Sanford).
Alderson and Busch. stepped up with some decent physical play.

E.D.S.

That really was entertaining. I understand some peoples frustration but for me, if you measure the performance of the team we have and not the team we want, it’s not a bad return. Very entertaining weekend. I think Moggy said we could be playing Dundee or Coventry. Credit to the Devils Org for putting their hand up to enter and then to host the tournament.
Hard luck lads.

Jonesy83

Can’t fault the entertainment of the weekend

But Devils revert to type, can’t clear the zone, power play absolutely useless and some woeful passing.

That being said was one of the worst officiating displays I’ve ever seen, which considering we watch EIHL refs every week, truly is saying something.