Nomads Vs Devils - Conti Cup Final - 12th Jan 24 - FO 20:00

E.D.S.

It’s not about convincing people. It’s about giving my view of the game. And my view was that we played well, dominated for long spells but whereas Astana took their chances we unfortunately didn’t.

Ive seen lots of posts on social media along the lines of mine so it’s clearly a game that has devided the fanbase. Sadly I think your two replies to me show why so many people have been put off posting on here in recent years.

We‘ve had criticism of players recently of not trying or not caring. I don’t think that can be labelled at anyone last night. If we had had better finishing or a bit more luck I think we’d have won that last night.
:D:D

E.D.S.

Ive seen lots of posts on social media along the lines of mine so it’s clearly a game that has devided the fanbase. Sadly I think your two replies to me show why so many people have been put off posting on here in recent years.
From the guy who tells people they are wrong having not watched the game. It is about opinions and over the years Finny you’ve proven yourself to be condescending and self righteous about yours. I’d struggle to believe that my challenges to your opinion are the reason people don’t post on here but nice gas lighting.

moggy#9

Agree about Carruth although I still don’t think they would be anywhere near Nomad.

It would be interesting to hear what you think about the first Nomad game in Grenoble if you saw it as I said exactly the same thing after that one. Watching them a second time last night I actually thought they were superb at what they do and although we had lots of possession, they were deserved winners
Having given it further thought, there are several things to be admired about nomad:
They're obviously very skilled hockey players.
They play to a system that everyone buys into.
They defend as a unit.
They're always moving.
They know how to do a lot of low level chippiness that will disrupt opponents without drawing penalties.
They force opponents to play in areas of the ice and in a way that suits them. When the devils were successful against them it was because nomad were made to play on our terms.
They seldom allow attackers a follow up chance on their goalie.

There's probably others, but these are the ones that came immediately to mind.

Finny

From the guy who tells people they are wrong having not watched the game. It is about opinions and over the years Finny you’ve proven yourself to be condescending and self righteous about yours. I’d struggle to believe that my challenges to your opinion are the reason people don’t post on here but nice gas lighting.
When have I said someone is wrong having not watched the game?

kettdevil1

Sorry. always dislike posts that put characteristics onto posters based on what they have written. You might well disagree with what he posts but why not do a rebuttal rather than just insult?

kettdevil1

Having given it further thought, there are several things to be admired about nomad:
They're obviously very skilled hockey players.
They play to a system that everyone buys into.
They defend as a unit.
They're always moving.
They know how to do a lot of low level chippiness that will disrupt opponents without drawing penalties.
They force opponents to play in areas of the ice and in a way that suits them. When the devils were successful against them it was because nomad were made to play on our terms.
They seldom allow attackers a follow up chance on their goalie.

There's probably others, but these are the ones that came immediately to mind.
Agree all round. I think they are an excellent hockey team and I learnt a lot watching them. We can moan all we want about our team but the bottom line is that we were beaten by a very good team.

Gazza272

Club employee, not allowed to say otherwise
Sorry I usually let stuff go over my head, but given I actively and have had work outside of the Devils I can’t let this one go.

My integrity is important to me in broadcasting. firstly im an employee of Cardiff met, not the Cardiff Devils and secondly at no point has anyone ever told me how negative or positive I can be. I try, as best I can to call it as I see it. Interestingly someone came up to me and Dan last night and complained we are too negative!

I welcome anyone disagreeing with me or my opinions I don’t get everything correct and it’s subjective, but I absolutely refute that my opinions are in anyway managed or manufactured or bought. Cheers.