Carruth

moggy#9

He has the ability to steal the whole thing for them. If we're to get the win we need to get people to the net and stop firing picked from distance that he can see.

E.D.S.

I would say ‘get in his head’ and try and get a reaction but he loved that and even played better with a chip on his shoulder.

Kevlar68

From when he was with us I think that if players tried to put him off his game he'd be even more determined to get a win just to shove it down the opponents throats.
He may be coming here with a point to prove especially if opposite Bowns.

ASHIPP

Get in his head? He's not going to be put off by anyone on our current team lol!
Mac is one of the most driven and motivated true professionals I've ever seen in this league......its just going to be a joy to watch him playing in our arena again. We will get a painful reminder of what we are missing. Sad to say, he's on the other team.:(

Rempel16

I think it's a bit of a disservice to Bowns to suggest we are missing Carruth this year. For the things that have gone wrong, I don't think Bowns is to blame. He's been in excellent form.

Add in that Carruth would command a wage that would put him as one of, if not the top earner and you'd have to start looking at cutting cloth elsewhere in the roster to fit him in.

Definitely looking forward to seeing him. I hope Chad and Brandt are told to leave late sticks in, make him chase them out of their goal. Offer to drop the gloves if needs be, as we know he'd be up for it.

kettdevil1

I think it's a bit of a disservice to Bowns to suggest we are missing Carruth this year. For the things that have gone wrong, I don't think Bowns is to blame. He's been in excellent form.

Add in that Carruth would command a wage that would put him as one of, if not the top earner and you'd have to start looking at cutting cloth elsewhere in the roster to fit him in.

Definitely looking forward to seeing him. I hope Chad and Brandt are told to leave late sticks in, make him chase them out of their goal. Offer to drop the gloves if needs be, as we know he'd be up for it.
Agree all round. Carruth is decent but has games when he loses the plot and it would be good to encourage him to have one of those games :)

From a selfish point of view, give me Carruth over Brown's anyday. Ocko calls him a mercenary,but in his 8 months as a devil he did more for the jr devils nm's than bownsy has ever done in his time as a devil.. It's not hard mind. Booth did more nm sessions (1) than bownsy has in my time as a nm parent.

Last edited:

BostonBart22

Great player for us, but its us or him , get him rattled in the warm up , that woud be fun to watch, he may take it with a pinch of salt or work in our favour.. I assume todd wont welcome him back like he did with josh brittain with the circumstances surrounding his departure...just saying

moggy#9

Great player for us, but its us or him , get him rattled in the warm up , that woud be fun to watch, he may take it with a pinch of salt or work in our favour.. I assume todd wont welcome him back like he did with josh brittain with the circumstances surrounding his departure...just saying
My understanding was there being friction with some players at the time, and the matter of the announcement by herning - which wasn't his fault. Was there something else?

ASHIPP

Another chat thread almost diverted. On here we can't even admire the skills of a former player without some people thinking it's somehow criticism of a current player.

This is all about admiring Carruth (which was the opening comment of the thread) ,not comparing him with other similar individuals.

Chris

Administrator
Another chat thread almost diverted. On here we can't even admire the skills of a former player without some people thinking it's somehow criticism of a current player.

This is all about admiring Carruth (which was the opening comment of the thread) ,not comparing him with other similar individuals.
Rubbish.

There's been one post from @Rempel16 which i'd say was a pretty considered one. One post... and even that post then went on to say how much he's looking forward to seeing Carruth back.

People admire previous players all the time, as it stands I happen to agree with both @Ocko and @moggy#9, I don't really understand why there is such a love in for someone who only played a season for us, but equally there's no denying how good he was.

The_Stick_

Personally hope to hear “It’s all your fault” after every goal he concedes, even if it’s unstoppable. Mac was a great goaltender for us, but he isn’t Patrick Roy. Get in his head early I say, and hopefully get under his skin.

Kozun has proven that Cardiff can be a difficult place for an ex netminder to play in

doron

iv criticised Bowns at times last season, i thought he played to many games and wasn't at his best.
but this season he's had more shaired duties. and i think he has had an outstanding season
Carruth is a true profesinal. i hope he gets a great reception. id love to have a photo of the 2 goalies facing each other off. like they do at boxing matches.

BostonBart22

iv criticised Bowns at times last season, i thought he played to many games and wasn't at his best.
but this season he's had more shaired duties. and i think he has had an outstanding season
Carruth is a true profesinal. i hope he gets a great reception. id love to have a photo of the 2 goalies facing each other off. like they do at boxing matches.
Make them both captains, that's if bowns plays of course..