Spam

Chris

Administrator
As a bump to this thread...

Seems that the bots are still registering and now because they can't post, they're sending private messages (conversations as XenForo call them).

If you get any, please just delete them and don't click the links in there.

We've changed the system again so that new users now need a manual approval from myself or @James before they can start posting, but there are a lot of dodgy looking accounts that are left registered at the moment.

I've started deleting them manually, but if anyone gets caught out in advance, i'm apologising now. It's a bit of a slog going throug hthe accounts manually and I haven't deleted real users on purpose!

moggy#9

Thread starter #22
As a bump to this thread...

Seems that the bots are still registering and now because they can't post, they're sending private messages (conversations as XenForo call them).

If you get any, please just delete them and don't click the links in there.

We've changed the system again so that new users now need a manual approval from myself or @James before they can start posting, but there are a lot of dodgy looking accounts that are left registered at the moment.

I've started deleting them manually, but if anyone gets caught out in advance, i'm apologising now. It's a bit of a slog going throug hthe accounts manually and I haven't deleted real users on purpose!
Thanks to you both for the efforts. It must be frustrating as hell.

Chris

Administrator
Another bump...

We've disabled signups tonight as the last few days have seem the forum bombarded with bots trying to sign up :confused:

Not really sure when they'll reopen at this point in time, and apologies for anyone on the outside reading this who has found their account deleted because i've definitely accidentally deleted a couple of real accounts in the last day or so getting a bit delete happy.

If you do want to register, I suspect we can do it manually at first, so drop us a message on twitter - @theinfernocouk - until I can work out if the emails are working and then we'll get the thread updated.

Apologies for the hassle!

kingmo19.1

Another bump...

We've disabled signups tonight as the last few days have seem the forum bombarded with bots trying to sign up :confused:

Not really sure when they'll reopen at this point in time, and apologies for anyone on the outside reading this who has found their account deleted because i've definitely accidentally deleted a couple of real accounts in the last day or so getting a bit delete happy.

If you do want to register, I suspect we can do it manually at first, so drop us a message on twitter - @theinfernocouk - until I can work out if the emails are working and then we'll get the thread updated.

Apologies for the hassle!
Those bots must love the Devils!