Signings Thread - All Teams 2022/23

BostonBart22

Yep, Lake did not do the required number of years of junior development here so isn't a Brit under EIHL rules but can play for GB thanks to his passport..... Conway played junior hockey here (I think for Nottingham but I could be wrong) so is a Brit to the EIHL....
Believe it was basingstoke as his father had some involment there in a playing role at some point.

so belfast will only be able to ice 6 defencemen and 10 forwards then so not 4 lines in the league as they only have 3 brits in conway,long and garside.is it possible that lake and ruopp now count as british though i have'nt heard of any rule changes apart from the rosters going back to 20.

Finny

so belfast will only be able to ice 6 defencemen and 10 forwards then so not 4 lines in the league as they only have 3 brits in conway,long and garside.is it possible that lake and ruopp now count as british though i have'nt heard of any rule changes apart from the rosters going back to 20.
Nationality and passport are actually irrelevant under EIHL.

A ‘Brit’ is actually a home-grown player I.e. someone who has played at least two years of junior hockey n the UK before the age of 16.
An ‘import’ is someone who doesn’t fit the above criteria.

So your import status for the EIHL is set when you turn 16 and can’t be changed.

Finny

I get completely baffled by these rosters sometimes with the loopholes and rule/regulations and turn a blind eye to things.
Which bit are you confused with?

The roster rules brought in last summer have made things a little bit more complicated but I’m not aware of any loopholes or turning a blind eye to anything?

Mooney#16

Correct. They will only have 10 forwards so probably 3 lines. Their Brit recruitment has gone a bit belly up with Hook leaving. This is why they have signed two spare imports as they will be trying to manage fatigue and injuries from the outset of the campaign. Will be interesting how it plays out for them with three line v 4 line hockey as Devils, Steelers and Nottingham are all tooled up to play 4 quality lines. Hence I think the Belfast experiment will either see them win again in impressive fashion or they will drop down to fourth at seasons end.

moggy#9

I think that what's impressive with the devils recruitment is that you can see some form of succession planning going on. It's been a hallmark of the feels organisation that they think a few seasons ahead, something that some other clubs fail to do.

kingmo19.1

Agree, steelers lost the league due to average number 1 nettie and a very poor well padded, 2nd best...
In my opinion it was more a case of them losing De Luca which was then followed by the injury to Vallerand - who never really recovered his early season form when he returned. I’m sure they were top of the league for the majority of the season until then above occurred.