Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

kettdevil1

A puff piece but a few interesting gems in there. He has to go down as one of the biggest disappointments of the season (along with the Swedish player Nottingham signed whose name I have forgotten - Hegburg??) Leaving aside the obvious 'well above his fighting weight' comments, he really didn't look like the experienced player he was supposed to be - his tracking of the puck was poor and when you scored one against him you knew another was round the corner. An enigma

Going by the rumours could we see our roster look something like this
Reid - Martin - budish
Cox - coughlar - sanford
Waller - conger - crandall
Duggan - Davies - brandt

Jardine - Crawford
Richie - register
Batch - Louis

Bowns - kozun.

If true that's a very strong line up.

Gavevs88

Reid - Martin - budish
Cox - coughlar - sanford
Duggan - Davies - brandt

Jardine - Crawford
Richie - register
Batch - Louis

Bowns - kozun.

This would be very strong, hope its similar to this.

Diablo3

Reid - Martin - budish
Cox - coughlar - sanford
Duggan - Davies - brandt

Jardine - Crawford
Richie - register
Batch - Louis

Bowns - kozun.

I'd take that :)

Devil94

For me Crandall is wasted unless he has a goal scorer like Reid on his line. If he is back on the third line then he needs an offensive centreman to go with him. Conger doesn't look to be that player, and with Waller also being more of a set up guy that third line doesn't look quite right to me.

jenks33

For me Crandall is wasted unless he has a goal scorer like Reid on his line. If he is back on the third line then he needs an offensive centreman to go with him. Conger doesn't look to be that player, and with Waller also being more of a set up guy that third line doesn't look quite right to me.
Actually Conger has started following Franny on Instagram as well. I’m pretty sure the other day he was only following the Devils. Although Franny is following him as well, would Franny really start following him before his signing is announced? Usually the staff make sure they don’t give anything away.

I assumed Conger started following us because Crawford has signed but maybe Conger is signing as well. We’ll see

E.D.S.

I'm struggling with this one. Crandall was THE key guy for me last season. He made us tick. I can't see him moving down the lines. He's a must re-signing for me and needs to be clocking serious minutes and playing a massive part of the game. I can only assume he's leaving if the lines that are being predicted are anything to go by as he's simply not a third liner for me, not even close. Some really interesting views on here. Reid on the first line is a waste of a spot for me.

jenks33

I'm struggling with this one. Crandall was THE key guy for me last season. He made us tick. I can't see him moving down the lines. He's a must re-signing for me and needs to be clocking serious minutes and playing a massive part of the game. I can only assume he's leaving if the lines that are being predicted are anything to go by as he's simply not a third liner for me, not even close. Some really interesting views on here. Reid on the first line is a waste of a spot for me.
I’m only saying Crandall on the third line because I think we need one of Martin, Crandall or Reid on that third line (that’s assuming Crandall is coming back and the CCS line are sticking together). I wouldn’t have Reid/Martin/Crandall playing together personally. And in my opinion I can see Dupont throwing Crandall on the third line before he throws Reid or Martin on there. Just my opinion tho, I know some people have suggested Martin on the 3rd line. I just can’t see that happening tho

Devil94

Cox and Sanford both returning for me is far from a certainty. A lot of fans just assume they're both back, but both young guys with their pedigree at juniors and now got a few years pro under their belt they will have plenty of good offers. And they won't necessarily be a package either.

Reid will no doubt be on the 1st line, there's no question about that. And I want to see Crandall with him. Joey will surely be between them too, I don't think he's come back to be anything but our top centreman.

Reid - Martin - Crandall
Sanford - Coughler - Budish
Waller - Conger - Import
Davies - Brandt - Duggan

Budish will add size to the top 6 and PP, and will score plenty too. Budish and Crandall could swap, Crandall could play well with 2 goal scorers in Coughler and Sanford with him. The 3rd line import will be a player in the McNally mould, if not the man himself.

Last edited:

jenks33

Cox and Sanford both returning for me is far from a certainty. A lot of fans just assume they're both back, but both young guys with their pedigree at juniors and now got a few years pro under their belt they will have plenty of good offers. And they won't necessarily be a package either.

Reid will no doubt be on the 1st line, there's no question about that. And I want to see Crandall with him. Joey will surely be between them too, I don't think he's come back to be anything but our top centreman.

Reid - Martin - Crandall
Sanford - Coughler - Budish
Waller - Conger - Import
Davies - Brandt - Duggan

Budish will add size to the top 6 and PP, and will score plenty too. Budish and Crandall could swap, Crandall could play well with 2 goal scorers in Coughler and Sanford with him. The 3rd line import will be a player in the McNally mould, if not the man himself.
Could be right. When Dupont said we will be bigger next season maybe Cox and/or Sanford won’t be back and the one or two replacements will be bigger bodies.
Another thing I noticed a couple of weeks ago was that Cox and Sanford both liked Vallerand’s tweet when he was critical of the EIHL schedule. Obviously that doesn’t mean they aren’t coming back but they’re clearly not a fan of playing Saturday’s and Sundays with the travel in between + in a league where every game matters. If they’ve decided to move on that could be one of the factors. I’m sure money and playing in a higher league would be more of a factor but it’s not ideal that they don’t like the schedule over here.

E.D.S.

I’m only saying Crandall on the third line because I think we need one of Martin, Crandall or Reid on that third line (that’s assuming Crandall is coming back and the CCS line are sticking together). I wouldn’t have Reid/Martin/Crandall playing together personally. And in my opinion I can see Dupont throwing Crandall on the third line before he throws Reid or Martin on there. Just my opinion tho, I know some people have suggested Martin on the 3rd line. I just can’t see that happening tho
It’s a head-scratcher that’s for sure but hopefully a good problem to have. I’m still torn between the fact that there are so many of last years team that I enjoyed watching and would love to be back but if they came back, is it enough of a change to bridge the delta between us and Giants? More signings to come but the addition of Martin and re-signing Reid wasn’t really the calibre I was looking for. If they aren’t on the first line then I’m happy but first line, not for me.