Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

jenks33

Unfortunately it’s come from the EIHL Rumours twitter account that nobody trusts. The UK Ice Hockey Rumours account is the trustworthy account. We’ll see though, I’m sure the EIHL Rumours page is occasionally right. It would be a good signing for us

Last edited:
Unfortunately it’s the EIHL Rumours twitter account that nobody trusts. The UK Ice Hockey Rumours account is the trustworthy account. We’ll see though, I’m sure the EIHL Rumours page is occasionally right. It would be a good signing for us
You’re probably right and it’s just a rumour but he ticks all the boxes for a ‘heavy winger‘ who gets his share of points.
Four seasons in Liiga suggest he can skate with the best!
I agree it would be a great addition for us.

RedDevil17

You’re probably right and it’s just a rumour but he ticks all the boxes for a ‘heavy winger‘ who gets his share of points.
Four seasons in Liiga suggest he can skate with the best!
Masi also played multiple years in Liiga and he was our power forward…look how much of a disappointment he was when he played here

Kevlar68

Masi unfortunately started to hit form to late in the season, if he had started how he finished he would have been a sure re-signing.

Mazzoak

It’s a pity they don’t have a price guide on Elite Prospects, would help understand which players are within the realms of EIHL possibilities. I spoke to Rolls Royce guy once, I’m not driving a Rolls……….

Devil94

For those not on social media, a few more rumours been posted tonight. Most notably, Ben Davies back to Flames. Maybe opens the door for Harewood to become full time.

Lachowicz to Blaze
David Clements to Belfast
Adam Cracknell to Belfast. If this one turns out to be true, that would be an unreal signing for them. He's also a part owner of the Cranbrook Bucks, with a few gentlemen that we are familiar with. Hopefully this rumour is not true and Messrs King and Shostak can talk him into coming to the Bay instead.

Last edited:

Diablo3

For those not on social media, a few more rumours been posted tonight. Most notably, Ben Davies back to Flames. Maybe opens the door for Harewood to become full time.

Lachowicz to Blaze
David Clements to Belfast
Adam Cracknell to Belfast. If this one turns out to be true, that would be an unreal signing for them.
Those rumours are from the "not so accurate" account. Take them with a pinch of salt

Devil94

Those rumours are from the "not so accurate" account. Take them with a pinch of salt
Yes possibly. These are some bold calls though with big named Brits and not unknown imports. I guess we'll really see the credentials of this account with these predictions.

Slartibartfast

Masi unfortunately started to hit form to late in the season, if he had started how he finished he would have been a sure re-signing.
I thought the same. Masi had great speed and physicality and a decent amount of skill. He didn't seem to have the hockey sense to make him a top player but that was improving particularly towards the season end. I would have loved to have seen him do another season to see how he developed.

jenks33

Bailey Conger - Elite Prospects

Apologies if it's already been mentioned but i noticed this guy has started following the Devils on Instagram. I wonder if there's anything in it. It's not a CV that jumps out at you but he seemed to have a decent second half of the season at Kansas City last year. He was up for the ECHL goal of the year, not sure if he won it or not.

Or maybe we've signed another player from Kansas City, a player that both Brodie Reid and Bailey Conger played with and that's possibly why Conger has started following us.

Or maybe there's absolutely nothing in it and it's a random follow :)