Continental Cup

OJLloyd

Ahhh. Well that’s that then.

The CHL website had 31 teams the other day when I looked with a placeholder for Ukraine, but this has obviously been resolved.

Continental Cup it is.

Devil94

Belfast draw Davos, Skelleftea from Sweden and Trinec from Czech in the CHL. Davos is a great spot to play, the other two I would be slightly disappointed with if I was a Giants fan. About as hard as it gets travel wise, small towns, but very good teams.

moggy#9

Would our rink be large enough to host it.
Don't fancy using NIC. Home ice advantage take away at the start.
I don't think that would be a massive problem. Some off the Danish teams have 4-5000 capacity, but most of the teams in the polish league have smaller rinks than us.

Devil94

If we enter 3rd round it looks like either Warsaw Poland or Aalborg Denmark. Warsaw from Bristol or Aalborg from London. Warsaw better option imho!
Where did you get that info? Aalborg are in the CHL so it won't be there.

Edit: oh I see now, that's where the 3rd rounds were held last year. But those teams need to qualify to host, neither have done this year.

Last edited:

Devil94

I have managed to find on the IIHF website however the date of the 3rd round, which is 18th-20th November. No confirmation if that's where we'll enter or if its the same format as previous, but a date to pencil in the diaries.

BostonBart22

I have managed to find on the IIHF website however the date of the 3rd round, which is 18th-20th November. No confirmation if that's where we'll enter or if its the same format as previous, but a date to pencil in the diaries.
On past seasons I seem to remember the next round would be january..