Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2022/23

doron

i personally wouldn't go with bownsy , very hit and miss lately ,

it got me thinking where is the next GB goalie coming from , is there any up and coming ones out there for the future,
wihisle is also hit and miss

august04 2.0

Would bownsy make any other team in the eihl better... damn right he would.. it gives us the opprtunity to stop other teams improving their net minders..
I’m not sure that I agree with that statement at all. If we looked at all the starting netminders last year, who is he better than? I don’t believe he’s on a par with Carruth, Besko, Motte, Carr or Starrett. Yes his signing gives us an extra import skater, but I suspect we'll go with another import NM too, so no different to other EIHL teams. Personally I think it's a step backwards unless we take the utmost advantage of this extra import and sign some real upgrades on last year in the forward line up. If we don’t, then I'm not at all confident that this is a good move. If we're as light next year in the forward line up as we were last season, then Bowns will not us win games that we have no right to win, like Carruth did many times. Saying that, Joey Martin is a good upgrade, so let’s see what follows. I’m hoping Kozun signs as well, and he gets a bigger share of starts next season than he did last year. An interesting few weeks ahead.

DuPont says he wants more of a 50/50 split with the goalies.
Bowns says he’s fitter than he was when he left here and he wants to share the nm duties.
Waller said that he wasn’t interested in going back to Europe as he sees his future in Cardiff!
Duggan seems to think Kozi is back!
This is all taken from conversations held with these guys this evening.

OJLloyd

Thankfully the signings got a much warmer welcome at IAW this evening than they have on this forum.
The Inferno - finding ways to be upset about two of our best ever players returning (and in a 3 day week as well!)

I can’t imagine any greater challenge than going to back to somewhere you are held in high esteem. There’s the motivation. Now let’s see if we get the output.

august04 2.0

The Inferno - finding ways to be upset about two of our best ever players returning (and in a 3 day week as well!)

I can’t imagine any greater challenge than going to back to somewhere you are held in high esteem. There’s the motivation. Now let’s see if we get the output.
I don't see too many moaning about Joey Martin returning. Bowns has a lot to live up to and his form in his last season with us and since he left has been questionable. Nothing wrong with commenting on that in my opinion. I hope he does well with a lighter workload, time will tell. Of course, if it bothers you that much, don’t read it!

E.D.S.

Agree with most… it has to be Bowns plus one. Bowns plus Kouzan get as thumbs up but Bowns plus weak Brit…. Not for me. As for Martin… and I’d love someone to ram this down my throat in April…. Never go back…Second line at best. All depends on who he’s partnered with. Martin in this team last year gets eating on the boards with the rest of our lightweight unit. Big bodies next please Brodie. A Haddad type work horse is required.

I cant believe that Dupont has been appointed as our coach when there are so many other options. So many people on the forum would probably be far cheaper and seem to know so much more about what's good and bad. I liked Carruth last season, but for the previous 6 seasons i liked Bownsy. I'd assume I am not the only one?

Anyway there is no "I" in TEAM so lets see what happens, there is a long way to go as we are 6 down, 14 to go as I understand it. Whatever will be will be and I am sure we will be competitive in 22/23 and that's good enough for me.

Diablo3

I cant believe that Dupont has been appointed as our coach when there are so many other options. So many people on the forum would probably be far cheaper and seem to know so much more about what's good and bad. I liked Carruth last season, but for the previous 6 seasons i liked Bownsy. I'd assume I am not the only one?

Anyway there is no "I" in TEAM so lets see what happens, there is a long way to go as we are 6 down, 14 to go as I understand it. Whatever will be will be and I am sure we will be competitive in 22/23 and that's good enough for me.
You only have to speak to DuPont for a few minutes to know he is going to do a fine job. enthusiastic, knowledgeable, understands the EIHL and the players want to play for him. Oh and he won a trophy after being a coach for 4 weeks :)

OJLloyd

Quite a l
I don't see too many moaning about Joey Martin returning. Bowns has a lot to live up to and his form in his last season with us and since he left has been questionable. Nothing wrong with commenting on that in my opinion. I hope he does well with a lighter workload, time will tell. Of course, if it bothers you that much, don’t read it!
Quite a lot of irony in your post there my friend.

No need to read my post either if it so perturbs you. I’m not telling you to agree with me.

Nothing wrong with comments, and nothing wrong with disagreeing with those comments. Or with not being a pessimist in May.

moggy#9

Agree with most… it has to be Bowns plus one. Bowns plus Kouzan get as thumbs up but Bowns plus weak Brit…. Not for me. As for Martin… and I’d love someone to ram this down my throat in April…. Never go back…Second line at best. All depends on who he’s partnered with. Martin in this team last year gets eating on the boards with the rest of our lightweight unit. Big bodies next please Brodie. A Haddad type work horse is required.
I'm honestly not sure about kozun. Earlier in the season he looked fantastic, but then teams seemed to solve him and he rarely played. Two things I really like about kozun though are rebound control and puck handling, both off which are weaknesses for bownsy.

august04 2.0

Quite a l

Quite a lot of irony in your post there my friend.

No need to read my post either if it so perturbs you. I’m not telling you to agree with me.

Nothing wrong with comments, and nothing wrong with disagreeing with those comments. Or with not being a pessimist in May.
I'm no pessimist, but do consider myself a realist. 4 of those signings were fantastic, I just have concerns about the 5th, along with a few others too on here by the looks of it. It does annoy me though when posters here complain about the Inferno, quite possibly the ones that slate it on Twitter too. We're all allowed different opinions, that’s the beauty of the forum. So lay off criticising people with different opinions to yourself or the Inferno itself.

Last edited: