Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

Devil94

i found this to be interesting, there may be a lot of players up for grabs out there
The KHL is in Serious Trouble.

Bit of a patronising delivery but an interesting discussion for sure. I'm sure the effects of it will trickle down to us. Might be worth being patient with a few players to see who is available late in the off season.

moggy#9

Bit of a patronising delivery but an interesting discussion for sure. I'm sure the effects of it will trickle down to us. Might be worth being patient with a few players to see who is available late in the off season.
To be honest I only managed to sit through 5 minutes of that. It's quite likely that the khl will be heavily impacted in the way suggested, but citing evidence of 3 weeks into the closed season is frankly absurd. This video really needs a TL;DR.

doron

it does bring the fact that there will be a lot of players on the move, and sponsors looking else ware. and as such, other leagues may benefit from it

Devil94

Seemed to be an early trend of foreign players who signed/played there going to Switzerland. Swiss teams rosters are pretty much done already for next year, so those who would usually go to KHL, about 200 according to the video, will now be dispersed across the rest of Europe's big leagues. With Sweden and Finland using very little imports, (plus the Finns from Jokerit last year will be free agents) there should be a decent amount of very good players looking for jobs.

Mazzoak

Trouble is when a big league gets the flu, everyone else gets a bad cold, so short term some players may take a worse league, lower pay etc, many though may just stop playing and get into different careers, which long term could reduce the number of players within the sport.
The ring light wasn’t as irritating as his crocked glasses and irritating voice.

The_Stick_

The announcement states he’s going to “Mainland Europe” It was also very complimentary of Vallerand, I don’t think it would have been such if he was moving to Cardiff!