GB

moggy#9

Bowns does scramble around his crease a lot. Sometimes it pays off with a highlight reel save, other times it results in a goal.
He doesn’t have the positional play like Carruth does so Carruth tends to make it look it easy.
Bowns was completely at fault in the first. Terrible rebound control.

RedDevil17

Bowns does scramble around his crease a lot. Sometimes it pays off with a highlight reel save, other times it results in a goal.
He doesn’t have the positional play like Carruth does so Carruth tends to make it look it easy.
You can’t do that at this level playing against top NHL opposition because they will punish you. Going down trying to make a highlight reel save and leaving the goal open is just rookie level, especially playing with a 1 goal lead.

doron

what a mess they made of that, not impressed with bowns , 1st period great, then they fell to bitts, good game by hook and neilson though. some passing by others was bad

Last edited:

moggy#9

What I find astonishing is that there are still players on the team who will make low percentage, high risk passes again and again. This team really misses Ritchie.

They're still short of ideas getting through the neutral zone. We have to play better than dump and watch, or stretch passes.

RedDevil17

What I find astonishing is that there are still players on the team who will make low percentage, high risk passes again and again. This team really misses Ritchie.

They're still short of ideas getting through the neutral zone. We have to play better than dump and watch, or stretch passes.
You can’t afford to play the dump and chase continuously against opposition like this. They’ll beat you to the puck which invites waves and waves of continued pressure then eventually bang goal. Need to improve our passing accuracy too

It does get rather tiresome when people give out with this "I know something you don't" crap. Congratulations, you know someone who knows something. Have a gold star.
Haha not saying it to have a gold star or to know something that someone else doesn’t I could care less tbh with you ! I was asked and I answered simple as that

ASHIPP

No getting away from the fact that the Devils changed their goalie setup last season (by having 2 imports)...and ended up with statistically the best goalie the Club has had in 25 years.
Unfortunately, for whatever reasons Carruth left our Club, we will not be able to appreciate those skills anymore because he won't be here next season.
Hopefully the Club will have a good plan to compensate for that loss.

doron

iv been impressed with the play of hook / neilson / lochowicz
myers was solid as was batch
waller didn't play much? why ?
whistle ? He's not my favorite, but he did play well and should have been given a starting spot.
as for coaching ?. undecided.

I think sometimes some fans (nobody in particular, nobody singled out) make the mistake that a spectacular NM is a great NM.
Bowns can certainly be a spectacular NM, but the best, most effective way to stop shots and control rebounds is to be square to the shooter!

Swarley

For all our faults, I was so disappointed with the Latvian players using football tactics to get penalties. We can't even remonstrate with them because fighting is an instant game penalty.
Exact reason I turned it off, the hip check being called as clipping and the Latvians acting like a bunch of soft touch football players makes the world's games look totally laughable, want to win a game? Dive, cry and pretend you're so hard done by, they really need to change the rule on fighting as it would soon put a stop to the acting on ice.