Inferno calm before the storm ….

pjj365

DuPont appears to have left his coaching role - he does not show 0n the web page. Only Franny is shown as coach and DuPont as a playerplayer

T10P

Personally, I think we need to stop looking at individuals and look at how we want the team to play. I'm a huge GOAT fan but another small player replacing another small player wouldn't cut it for me. I'm still holding back until after this weekend to focus on individuals but it's how we want to play that should determine the players we keep/recruit. Our style this year hasn't work in this league or more accurately it doesn't work consistently with the type of players we have. The style of play, tactics and type of player never seemed to align. Using Belfast as Blueprint wouldn't be a bad starting point. It's very similar to our team in 2017-2019/20. Mix of size, speed, ability to move the puck, retain posession and do the dirty work. Giants had that this season. We've had it in the past. We didn't have it this year. My opinion, it's the only way we win this league.

I love that Skalds (or whoever you want to believe picked the team) tried to be innovative in our style but it just doesn't fly in this league. We had tiny players in the red zone working against the boards against 6ft 4 D men, we had our D men rushing to join the play then exposing us to numerous 2 on 1s and shorthanded goals against.

Define our identity first and our DNA and then lets look at who we have. It's what made our recruitment so effective in years gone by.
With regards to joey being small, I agree somewhat, but he was one of the slipperiest players to pin down on the puck, if he’s still got that space creating edge then that’s often just as good as a bigger player holding up the puck to retain possession.

E.D.S.

With regards to joey being small, I agree somewhat, but he was one of the slipperiest players to pin down on the puck, if he’s still got that space creating edge then that’s often just as good as a bigger player holding up the puck to retain possession.
I don’t disagree. He’s the GOAT for reason (although he’ll never be the real goat as MC has that tied up).As good as Joey was/is he didn’t make all that space on his own (well not always anyway). Speak to any great player and they’ll talk about their line mates. We need balance. One player has never made a team. Hotham, Fournier, Haddad, Asselin, Ulmer, Joey…. Unreal team… but you need to add in a mix of Marjamaki, Faryna, Benti, Pope - I know I’m mixing eras and excluding Brits - but the point I’m making is that it’s about a blend and team identity. Would having Joey playing in this team, this year made a difference? Im not sure.

ASHIPP

I don’t disagree. He’s the GOAT for reason (although he’ll never be the real goat as MC has that tied up).As good as Joey was/is he didn’t make all that space on his own (well not always anyway). Speak to any great player and they’ll talk about their line mates. We need balance. One player has never made a team. Hotham, Fournier, Haddad, Asselin, Ulmer, Joey…. Unreal team… but you need to add in a mix of Marjamaki, Faryna, Benti, Pope - I know I’m mixing eras and excluding Brits - but the point I’m making is that it’s about a blend and team identity. Would having Joey playing in this team, this year made a difference? Im not sure.
He would have made a difference in games where the team was bereft of ideas how to take control of the play. Hockey players with a high I.Q. and excellent skills will be gamechangers on their own. Saw that happen many times with GOAT and Fournier in the past.