Devils Vs Giants - League - 22nd Jan 22

Rob Batch

I think Brandts exuberance worried Skalde a bit. Carruth was marvellous, again. A complete team performance that was always on the cards. 10 out of 10.

kristian

Looks like Dupont is making a decent coach.

Think it's about we put Dupont playing to bed.
For all we know he could have picked up the injury early in season and done more damage a few weeks ago.

Yes he played but I think his shift where he gave away a penalty knocked his confidence. He also took away Carruth's eyes on the Giants goal when he cut across him. One Carruth would have saved easily from that far out. Still learning. Just needs time.
Cheers for that feedback and I think you are spot on, he does need time and confidence as he is still learning looking at his previous but he seems a game and determined lad so hopefully this will come soon whether he stays with us or leaves after his contract. I think either way it is good experience in a professional league.

At this rate of scoring, his phone certainly won't be quiet in the summer. I quietly fear a Ben Blood scenario where we've uncovered a gem and he gets thrown a big offer from somewhere in Europe!
This was and still is my fear. Hopefully we get him tied down and he loves his time here when he hears and sees the supporters. Thankfully the one thing we know is that our club treats our players well. So hopefully that will add to it, however, I think maybe his demands or salary will increase if he keeps this form up.

At this rate of scoring, his phone certainly won't be quiet in the summer. I quietly fear a Ben Blood scenario where we've uncovered a gem and he gets thrown a big offer from somewhere in Europe!
Blood had left Finland after 4/5 years to come to us, and also played a lot of AHL games so wasn’t a hidden gem.
More of a player that we lured to us while he was above our level and pay grade probably.
I’d like to think that Coughler would be well pleased to have landed here and won a pair of wingers that have clicked with him straight away. I’d love to sign the line up for a couple of seasons now

rolf

Well we didn't need tena pants or international kipper piss rescue here to secure the points. I also know that our video ref would never try to influence the game so that would be a wasted brown envelope. So happy that we did it properly. Proper hockey!!!!

BostonBart22

Great win by a team who wanted it more, and what a goal by Ben shorthanded, for me that gave us the lift and get to go goal, brilliant finish, Amazing interview by an unhappy keefe stating basically 3 of the goals were mistakes by his team and couldve been 1...1, well mr keefe Karma to you and your team he even suggested the empty stadium played a part in the defeat not the fact we scored 4 against an average looking side to me..after his teams lac lustre performance i can see them losing tonight as well.

moggy#9

He's not the only one. I can't realistically see us holding onto Waller.

Slartibartfast

So much to feel positive about at the moment. We have 4 players in the top 10 for points. Reid is still the league top scorer. We have the best PP% in the league and the second best PK%. Carruth has the 2nd best save percentage in the league. (Not counting Hedley with his 2 games only) . We have 3 lines clicking. We have a new defensive system which is working against the top teams. The defence are starting to jump into the play and scoring without leaving holes at the back and we have scoring across the 3 lines. The work rate (particularly backchecking) is outstanding. I haven't felt this good without alcohol for a long time. :)

Coughler has to be one of our best mid season signings to date.
I think you’re correct, but lets not forget the huge difference McNulty has had to our overall defensive record as I believe he has the best +/- on the team, especially as O’Connor (who he replaced) had the worst!

With the Coughler signing I don’t believe anyone (Skalde excepted of course) could have predicted what an immediate and dramatic impact he has made.

The difference for me with these 2 additions is that we had a couple of ‘Elephant in the room problems' that even us armchair coaches could forsee developing back in October.

What I and many others couldn’t foresee was how spectacularly these issues were remedied. Let’s not forget that these 2 guys have not come here with NHL resumes like Strachan or Morrison but forgive the expression, they have been 'cast offs' that have dovetailed PERFECTLY with the team!

A massive WELL DONE !

Slartibartfast

The difference for me with these 2 additions is that we had a couple of ‘Elephant in the room problems' that even us armchair coaches could forsee developing back in October.
Yes we may get slated sometimes for being so negative sometimes but a lot of people on this forum have been armchair coaches for a long time so not only can we see when something is wrong but often have a good idea of what (or who) needs changing to put it right. Personally I have been sat on my fat arse giving my opinion on this team for 32 years. :)

Ocko

He's not the only one. I can't realistically see us holding onto Waller.
I can. He’s got wheels but is still some way off the complete package (his hockey sense needs work). He will be 23 at the start of the new season, the junior boat has sailed and whilst we’ve been surprised how good he can be he isn’t going to a top European league with those stats.

Who do you think would be interested in him?