Panthers gas Coach

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
Tim Wallace has been relieved of his Coaching duties at Nottingham, as of now. Panthers are searching for a new coach and possibly a few new players, they have been very poor lately.

Earnie

A dual role for Doucet maybe? On the other hand release him too!!
Edit: (just read the statement - cancel the above)

Last edited:

E.D.S.

Interesting to hear that they are “spending to the cap” as well and their quality is way off where it should be. Bit harsh gassing the coach when the players clearly aren’t of the quality that is required for the money they are spending. Wasn’t that Doucet’s role??

Wannabe2

Thread starter #6
They seem to have more than one problem at Nottingham, they sack the coach who didn’t recruit the poor players, they then announce that they are after new faces after the coach has been gassed, now did Wallace lose the dressing room. One things for sure many of these players haven’t looked too interested lately, they certainly need a tough guy to bring a bit of entertainment like a Broll,myself I don’t rate Carr, and their opening on game night sucks. Other than that they look very dangerous, This organisation need a good kick up the proverbial..

moggy#9

They seem to have more than one problem at Nottingham, they sack the coach who didn’t recruit the poor players, they then announce that they are after new faces after the coach has been gassed, now did Wallace lose the dressing room. One things for sure many of these players haven’t looked too interested lately, they certainly need a tough guy to bring a bit of entertainment like a Broll,myself I don’t rate Carr, and their opening on game night sucks. Other than that they look very dangerous, This organisation need a good kick up the proverbial..
Interesting content about Carr. On his night he can be an effective goalie, but I'm certainly wouldn't place him in the top tier of goalies in the elite league.

I haven't been on the cage for a long time. It would be interesting to see the view of the fans on the situation. If Twitter is anything to go by, the fans don't blame Wallace.

E.D.S.

The match night experience is poor. It's like a library. The on ice product is off the mark. No fight, no grit and no entertainment. No value for money. Great arena, great location. Huge potential. they should be major players in this league year after year but they aren't.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #9
The match night experience is poor. It's like a library. The on ice product is off the mark. No fight, no grit and no entertainment. No value for money. Great arena, great location. Huge potential. they should be major players in this league year after year but they aren't.
Spot on buddy, they have the perfect venue to put on a first class entertaining night, but in fairness it’s crap and lasts for what seems like days. Think you would get a better buzz at a library to be honest, it’s certainly noisier at a library, a huge club like Panthers should never be in this kind of mess, very poor respect for the fans, that’s for sure.

kettdevil1

Spot on buddy, they have the perfect venue to put on a first class entertaining night, but in fairness it’s crap and lasts for what seems like days. Think you would get a better buzz at a library to be honest, it’s certainly noisier at a library, a huge club like Panthers should never be in this kind of mess, very poor respect for the fans, that’s for sure.
Yep, the whole thing feels very dated and a world away from where it should be and I really don't like the decision to blame Wallace for the issues this season. He showed in the Elite Series that he is a good coach and the problems with Nottingham appear to lie far away from the coach. A lot of people are gunning for Doucet but even that seems wrong - we don't know what budget he was working with but looking at the roster on the face of it I would assume that it is lower than the top three.

From the outside it seems as though it is a change of culture that is needed rather than a change of coach.

E.D.S.

Yep, the whole thing feels very dated and a world away from where it should be and I really don't like the decision to blame Wallace for the issues this season. He showed in the Elite Series that he is a good coach and the problems with Nottingham appear to lie far away from the coach. A lot of people are gunning for Doucet but even that seems wrong - we don't know what budget he was working with but looking at the roster on the face of it I would assume that it is lower than the top three.

From the outside it seems as though it is a change of culture that is needed rather than a change of coach.
It seems odd that Doucet would say they are spending the cap if they weren't. Saying that leaves him massively exposed. Surely it would be better for him (and the supporters) if they were operating below the budget. I don't think anyone would grumble at them doing so given the uncertain economic picture. To say they are at the cap just puts the spotlight on Doucet's recruitment.

Samael

The problem with Nottingham is who they are owned by. Neil Black doesn't care about results, just the balance sheet/profitability. If the Panthers had a quality owner who actually gave a shit about UK ice hockey, given the resources available l suspect they would dominate the eihl. While Black holds the purse strings though and casual fans are happy to go for a Saturday night on the wallop at a panthers game, nothing changes and they will continue to be champions of nothing but mediocrity.

I never thought Wallace was a good fit there anyway but I'm sorry to see he's been released as he seemed to be a hard worker who did his best given the calibre of owner.

NathanG

You mean that no one has suggested the Great Matt Myers for the job.
Could he be the Panthers Great Redeemer?
Not sure he'd want to take it on unless it was on an interim basis. Isn't his heart set on going into the construction trade full time when he's done playing?

Would love to see him stay in hockey past his playing days though.

MA18

The problem with Nottingham is who they are owned by. Neil Black doesn't care about results, just the balance sheet/profitability. If the Panthers had a quality owner who actually gave a shit about UK ice hockey, given the resources available l suspect they would dominate the eihl. While Black holds the purse strings though and casual fans are happy to go for a Saturday night on the wallop at a panthers game, nothing changes and they will continue to be champions of nothing but mediocrity.

I never thought Wallace was a good fit there anyway but I'm sorry to see he's been released as he seemed to be a hard worker who did his best given the calibre of owner.
Isn’t that a bit of an oxymoron?

If he cares about profit he cares about results.

Samael

Not really. Profit and results are two separate things. As long as people keep going, ie casual fans who are just going on the piss and don't care if the panthers win or lose, black doesn't care either as he's got the gate money already. Read the cage forum, the Panthers fan base stinks of apathy and has for ages due to the culture there brought on by Black.