Devils Vs Stars - CC 1/4 Final - 15 Dec 21

matbur

Sunday is behind us now, hockey can be an unpredictable game and we're fully capable of getting the job done. Dundee have proven they're no chumps, but if we play well the tie is winnable. Time to be positive and support Skalde and the team to get the job done!

tim78

7-2 Devils, as this is a must win game and I think this team can and will pull it out of the bag. Hopefully see some of the speed earlier on in the season with add determination the fans and coach as asked for..... unless we're winning without effort.

Sanford, Cox, Waller
Reid, McNally, Crandall
Duggan, Dupont, Davies

Dundee and the refs will be watching McNally from the first puck drop so drill into him to play a smart game, finish his checks (legally) get infront of the net, skate away from any flair ups (no point getting kicked out in the first 5 minutes) could really throw Dundee and Hass on D and wrong foot them.

Entertainment doesnt have to be a fight or stupid scuffles after a whistle, I cant be the only one that hears the crowd lift when the devils finish a couple of checks, D man gets the puck WHAM eat some plexi, next player gets the puck WHAM you can have some plexi too, I dont care how professional a player you are or how many games you've played, if your getting checked everytime the puck comes near you you'll start looking over your shoulder more than normal, you'll try to make plays you usually wouldnt.

Devils to win by enough to go through to the semi's

BostonBart22

remember 1 tie v sheffield away we lost 6...1.... 2nd leg we overturned that result with ease... i suggest the club pull out that dvd and show the players that 2nd leg highlights tomorrow..

This game is Absolutely Massive, it’s all about character and heart!
I honestly have no idea how it’ll go, it all depends on whether we turn up.
If we do we’ll win by 4 minimum!
If not …….
I can’t contemplate losing to Dundee 3 times in a week so everything crossed for the win we need!

remember 1 tie v sheffield away we lost 6...1.... 2nd leg we overturned that result with ease... i suggest the club pull out that dvd and show the players that 2nd leg highlights tomorrow..
Fairly sure it was 6-2 after the 1st leg but know exactly the semi final you were on about. The buzz in the rink for that 2nd leg was something else.

august04 2.0

Sanford, Cox, Waller
Reid, McNally, Crandall
Duggan, Dupont, Davies

Dundee and the refs will be watching McNally from the first puck drop so drill into him to play a smart game, finish his checks (legally) get infront of the net, skate away from any flair ups (no point getting kicked out in the first 5 minutes) could really throw Dundee and Hass on D and wrong foot them.

Entertainment doesnt have to be a fight or stupid scuffles after a whistle, I cant be the only one that hears the crowd lift when the devils finish a couple of checks, D man gets the puck WHAM eat some plexi, next player gets the puck WHAM you can have some plexi too, I dont care how professional a player you are or how many games you've played, if your getting checked everytime the puck comes near you you'll start looking over your shoulder more than normal, you'll try to make plays you usually wouldnt.

Devils to win by enough to go through to the semi's
Can’t argue with those lines for tomorrow. We simply cannot afford to play DuPont on either of those first two lines. I hope Skalde agrees!

Diablo3

We are finally going to figure out how to beat the Stars, 5-0 shut out for Carruth/Kozun and the 5th being an empty netter. red army go nuts, McNally sends Haas a Christmas card. Through to the next round - happy days.

kingmo19.1

3 losses in a week to Dundee will be totally unacceptable!

Jeez, we’ve been nowhere near that level before! Even reflecting on that shows how far we have fallen.

Having played them multiple times already,
I’m hoping Skalde will demonstrate his coaching ability and adapt the tactics so we get the correct result.

Mazzoak

These are the games players like and people who matter notice. Reputations and careers are made & broken, so even if the team is broken, I fully expect individuals to show up, just for their own selfish reasons. Maybe news to some fans but players play for themselves, their careers, for many fame and fortune. They really don’t care about the fans, the team or “passion”.............

I wouldn’t like to call this...........

ASHIPP

100 percent.

Sadly, Dundee are going to be playing that exceptionly boring style of hockey which they played on Sunday. We need a goal quickly and if we are fortunate enough to grab two then we should be in for a good game of hockey.
It may be an exceptionally boring style of hockey from Dundee, but it's been exceptionally effective against the Devils. Which team has won the last two encounters?

ASHIPP

Love it. Wasn't it the second leg of the CC semi final that season?The Steelers and their fans thought the game was going to be playing safe and going through the motions to qualify.

They were so wrong. Devils had the motivation, the courage, the game plan to come back. One of the best, miracle comebacks I have ever seen. And the extra man was our tremendous fan base. The noise was so loud, the Team was driven on by it.

Wannabe2

Don’t diss Stars to much they have beaten Flames 7 -0, put 6 past Storm, beaten Giants 3-2, beat Panthers 4-1, and Clan 5-2, along with burning us,on their day they can beat anyone,

august04 2.0

Don’t diss Stars to much they have beaten Flames 7 -0, put 6 past Storm, beaten Giants 3-2, beat Panthers 4-1, and Clan 5-2, along with burning us,on their day they can beat anyone,
Not meaning to diss Stars. They're quite capable of beating us again and I hope Haas is more focussed on retribution with McNally, rather than concentrating on the game. If we're on it though, we should progress.