Panthers sign

kettdevil1

Interesting signing - USports have thrown us a few good ones in the last few years but it does seem a bit more 'hit and miss' than some leagues. His stats are solid but..... looks like a depth player at first glance

Devil94

Jordan Lawday leaves Telford.

I wonder if he could end up with us? If he sits as a back up, that would allow us to sign and play another import wouldn't it?

James

Administrator
We could keep both netties and only dress one per game . Not sure we would go that route as Murdy has already chipped in where needed so I guess he could still fill that role if he wanted it.

Have Hope#35

Jordan Lawday leaves Telford.

I wonder if he could end up with us? If he sits as a back up, that would allow us to sign and play another import wouldn't it?
We can already sign another import - Just someone has to go if we play them due to the 19 man roster! Even if Lawday replaced Kozun we would still have to get rid of another player in order to sign an Import! Teams are not allowed to carry spares above the 19 unless they're two-way or injury cover.

Diablo3

We can already sign another import - Just someone has to go if we play them due to the 19 man roster! Even if Lawday replaced Kozun we would still have to get rid of another player in order to sign an Import! Teams are not allowed to carry spares above the 19 unless they're two-way or injury cover.
i'm sure when I read the rules re roster sizes this year we are allowed to have up to 28 but only dress 19 per game, so it is possible to sign new players without releasing one of our existing squad, but that does mean an element of healthy scratch.

Have Hope#35

i'm sure when I read the rules re roster sizes this year we are allowed to have up to 28 but only dress 19 per game, so it is possible to sign new players without releasing one of our existing squad, but that does mean an element of healthy scratch.
I thought that initially but in TK's interview he stated that spares aren't allowed this season.

BostonBart22

While we have a panther thread , big shout out to Gary moran, 40 yrs with the club, he is taking time out to concentrate on his health, he will get through this...details on eihl site..

Devils86

I thought that initially but in TK's interview he stated that spares aren't allowed this season.
But then you look at the size of the Steelers squad on EliteProspects and note the amount of 2-way deals they have.

The teams as a collective have messed up this season and I hope they go back to the setup pre-Covid. Even before Covid they were messing around with it.

ISTR 22 dressing, 17 imports and 5 Brits. And there was an under 23 element as well...

I forget now, but those rosters were great. 4 line hockey is what EIHL needs to get back to.

I understand that Fife etc wanted to cut costs but then the farse with the Stars recently being so short benched was stupid and completely their own fault.