Mask wearing/drunks in your block at IAW

BostonBart22

Not too far from home, Ireland implements new rules:-

Indoor events such as concerts and sports fixtures must operate at 50% capacity and private home visits must involve no more than four households.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59517114

Queue Drakeford!

This coming weekend IS THE WEEKEND TO BE SEEN WITH FULL MASK ADHERANCE !!!
Drakefords next brief is the 10th, can really see wales following ireland's approach if we don't adhere to the rules..

Pope#42

Some good news. A group was thrown out tonight. I missed it but apparently they were not wearing masks and when asked to put it on they would immediately take it back off. Seems security had enough and asked them to leave. If anyone saw what happened please elaborate as I missed the excitement.
This happened right in front of me. A group who only appeared to be there to drink blatantly disregarded the numerous times security asked them to put their masks on. In the second interval a group of security came together and kicked out the entire group - which was applauded by the entire block. They of course tried apologising but it was too late.

Hats off to the security team for doing the right thing!

I for one agree with some of the calls to stop drinking in the arena or at least have a limit. Getting highly frustrated at some of the Saturday crowds who have no interest in the hockey - they turn up at their seats with two pints each and after ten minutes have to get more - all the while failing to wear their masks. Hopefully what happened tonight will be a lesson for others and fingers crossed we continue to crack down on those who have a blatant disregard for the rules and those around them.

Hedd Wyn John

There was an incident tonight in block 20, a group of males wearing hospitality lanyards in Row F that had clearly been drinking heavily. Anyway one of them lost his footing (a big chap around 6ft & quite sizeable) and he fell onto the head of a lady in Row G while his mate went tumbling down the steps. She took one heck of a hit. I felt really sorry for her. Anyway security came and ask the group to leave, she could have been seriously injured from that.

Pembo

Club has a dilemma, are they trying to maintain a family friendly environment, or are they after more beered up lads night out/hospitality type punters? Difficult to achieve both.

august04 2.0

Thankfully nothing to report in block 10 tonight, which made a nice change!
The club will always say they want a family friendly environment but the beer money is too important to them obviously. It's very difficult to have both.

Hedd Wyn John

Thankfully nothing to report in block 10 tonight, which made a nice change!
The club will always say they want a family friendly environment but the beer money is too important to them obviously. It's very difficult to have both.
It's not difficult. It's illegal to serve alcohol to someone that's intoxicated so don't serve drinks to people that are smashed and there shouldn't be an issue. If bar staff find it that difficult to tell who is drunk then bring in say a 4 drink limit per person. That keeps money coming in an stops punters from over doing it.

Slartibartfast

It's not difficult. It's illegal to serve alcohol to someone that's intoxicated so don't serve drinks to people that are smashed and there shouldn't be an issue. If bar staff find it that difficult to tell who is drunk then bring in say a 4 drink limit per person. That keeps money coming in an stops punters from over doing it.
Don't think any limit will help. These are people shitfaced before they arrive. On the way in tonight I saw 2 drunk guys swearing and arguing outside and as I entered the building there was a group of 10 or so guys singing and shouting on their way in. None were wearing hockey clothes. It seems the arena is becoming a stop off for drunken nights out in Cardiff.

august04 2.0

It is difficult if the will is not there. They clearly serve anyone who is old enough, regardless of what state they’re in.

Hedd Wyn John

Don't think any limit will help. These are people shitfaced before they arrive. On the way in tonight I saw 2 drunk guys swearing and arguing outside and as I entered the building there was a group of 10 or so guys singing and shouting on their way in. None were wearing hockey clothes. It seems the arena is becoming a stop off for drunken nights out in Cardiff.
Well if they're drunk on the way in security should pick that up

Some good news. A group was thrown out tonight. I missed it but apparently they were not wearing masks and when asked to put it on they would immediately take it back off. Seems security had enough and asked them to leave. If anyone saw what happened please elaborate as I missed the excitement.
Right, I hardly ever post on here but, have been following this thread quite closely and will elaborate. This lot (3 girls, 3 guys) were sat in the front row of Block 8 in front of me. From the off they had no interest in the game or abiding to decent conduct. They arrived with pints in hand, within minutes one of the drinks had been kicked over. Masks were either around their neck, hanging off one ear, or even just around their wrist! During the first period they were told by 2 stewards to put their masks on. As soon as the steward was out of sight they had their masks off again and laughing about it. Then, during the second period, 2 different members of security addressed them and exactly the same thing happened. As soon as security were far enough away, they went back to their antics. This time I heard one of the guys say 'no fkr is going to make me where a mask!' What made my blood boil more than anything was that I kept my eye on the two security staff, who continued to watch them from close range but did absolutely nothing about the problem. By this point I had to physically sit on my hands as I wanted to get hold of one of the guys that was also launching foul language at the players. At the end of the second period I was on the warpath and asked one of the stewards to get hold of security for me as I had had enough and I'm sure the rest of those within distance had had too. I spoke to a member of security and said that 'I was sick to my back teeth, I had watched them be warned on 4 ocassions and asked why security were prepared to let them continually mug, not only them off but, everyone with a genuine interest in the game. I had put up with it for 40mins plus and would no longer! I explained that I pay a large whack of money every year as a season ticket holder as well as travel a 3 hour round trip, and I'm not putting up with this crap and I want them out!' The security member then told me that they would 'have a word again' to which I said quite bluntly, 'If the word isn't OUT, I shall be writing an official letter of complaint to the Devils organisation about the rink security. Within a minute or so of being back in my seat, 2 security members were addressing the group. They seemed reluctant to remove them again at first but, when one guy defiantly took his mask off again in plain view of the security member who had asked him to put it on, then security finally acted and did the proper thing and act to remove them. All the while, the guys were mouthing off at them to 'make us move then, go on!' So, well done security for getting them out but, my enjoyment had long been ruined through your reluctance to act for the best part of an hour.

Slartibartfast

Right, I hardly ever post on here but, have been following this thread quite closely and will elaborate. This lot (3 girls, 3 guys) were sat in the front row of Block 8 in front of me. From the off they had no interest in the game or abiding to decent conduct. They arrived with pints in hand, within minutes one of the drinks had been kicked over. Masks were either around their neck, hanging off one ear, or even just around their wrist! During the first period they were told by 2 stewards to put their masks on. As soon as the steward was out of sight they had their masks off again and laughing about it. Then, during the second period, 2 different members of security addressed them and exactly the same thing happened. As soon as security were far enough away, they went back to their antics. This time I heard one of the guys say 'no fkr is going to make me where a mask!' What made my blood boil more than anything was that I kept my eye on the two security staff, who continued to watch them from close range but did absolutely nothing about the problem. By this point I had to physically sit on my hands as I wanted to get hold of one of the guys that was also launching foul language at the players. At the end of the second period I was on the warpath and asked one of the stewards to get hold of security for me as I had had enough and I'm sure the rest of those within distance had had too. I spoke to a member of security and said that 'I was sick to my back teeth, I had watched them be warned on 4 ocassions and asked why security were prepared to let them continually mug, not only them off but, everyone with a genuine interest in the game. I had put up with it for 40mins plus and would no longer! I explained that I pay a large whack of money every year as a season ticket holder as well as travel a 3 hour round trip, and I'm not putting up with this crap and I want them out!' The security member then told me that they would 'have a word again' to which I said quite bluntly, 'If the word isn't OUT, I shall be writing an official letter of complaint to the Devils organisation about the rink security. Within a minute or so of being back in my seat, 2 security members were addressing the group. They seemed reluctant to remove them again at first but, when one guy defiantly took his mask off again in plain view of the security member who had asked him to put it on, then security finally acted and did the proper thing and act to remove them. All the while, the guys were mouthing off at them to 'make us move then, go on!' So, well done security for getting them out but, my enjoyment had long been ruined through your reluctance to act for the best part of an hour.
Well done mate. Good call.

august04 2.0

Sounds like an exact repeat of what we had to put up with in block 10 last week. Except in our case, the drunks were allowed to stay for the whole game, despite foul and abusive language throughout, and no mask wearing. I highlighted my experience in block 10, to the Devils management this week and their reply was to claim that they have a zero tolerance policy for this type of behaviour. It’s a shame that the security team haven’t been told about it. They’re failing to deal with these idiots week in, week out.

moggy#9

If these are the lengths it takes to make security do their job, the rink needs better security.

Well done mate. Good call.
Thanks mate. Last night's antics were the straw that broke the camel's back for me. A lot of the time in the past I have just tried to block out certain annoyances around me. I had put it down to my approach to middle age but, what has been going on this season with the greater number of Saturday fixtures and an influx of a different element has just reached boiling point with me, and it certainly seems that way with a lot of posters on here. I'm not going to sit back any longer and watch people saunter into our rink and treat it like a scene from the 'last days of Rome.' Cocky, arrogant, disrespectful and totally dismissive types who think they know the world and its maker but, in reality they don't know their arse from their elbow. I've been a season ticket holder for 13 years, travelling the best part of a 200 miles every week and spending a lot of money. I work full-time and am my severely disabled mother's unpaid primary caregiver. Hockey is my only real release, I treasure it, and am not prepared to have it potentially taken away by dickheads. I am sick of seeing rink security trying to reason with them. Look after the club's 'bread and butter' for christ sake! The fans are the lifeblood, not pint-supping, non mask wearing, foul-mouthed dickheads!

Wannabe2

I’m getting cheesed off with what’s happening in our rink, you wait all week for the next match, and it’s against your fiercist rivals and then your main focus is on a bunch of pissed morons in block 20 not giving a toss about anyone except themselves. This lot were in sponsor seats, I counted 18 of them all sat together in row F one of them looked
at me because I had to say put your masks on, he then looked at me put it on and within 2 mins it was off again, these morons are spoiling the whole nights experience for many around me, and it’s always in block 20. Too be honest I’m getting to the point where I couldn’t care if I go or if I don’t, and after 35yrs I never thought I would say that, but you can’t focus on the game when others around you are content to mess with other peoples lives, the whole night don’t hold the same buzz for me anymore and those poor people who are surrounded by them selfish gets are having their night ruined. It’s every week in block 20 and many of them, they are told by stewards but totally ignore them, so for many like me Happy Hockey Days are a thing of the past and maybe my £1,400 could be better spent elsewhere, it’s just not the same place anymore sadly.

august04 2.0

I’m getting cheesed off with what’s happening in our rink, you wait all week for the next match, and it’s against your fiercist rivals and then your main focus is on a bunch of pissed morons in block 20 not giving a toss about anyone except themselves. This lot were in sponsor seats, I counted 18 of them all sat together in row F one of them looked
at me because I had to say put your masks on, he then looked at me put it on and within 2 mins it was off again, these morons are spoiling the whole nights experience for many around me, and it’s always in block 20. Too be honest I’m getting to the point where I couldn’t care if I go or if I don’t, and after 35yrs I never thought I would say that, but you can’t focus on the game when others around you are content to mess with other peoples lives, the whole night don’t hold the same buzz for me anymore and those poor people who are surrounded by them selfish gets are having their night ruined. It’s every week in block 20 and many of them, they are told by stewards but totally ignore them, so for many like me Happy Hockey Days are a thing of the past and maybe my £1,400 could be better spent elsewhere, it’s just not the same place anymore sadly.
You’re not on your own wannabe, which is no consolation. Block 10 is often the same. The club need to read this post and the sentiments within it - and act on it swiftly.