Simmsey stirring the pot ! On 2 ales and hockey tales

ASHIPP

Think our team and organisation are a bit classier than Simms might give them credit for. Our Coach is all about performance to get the results they need. There will no doubt have been a massive focus and discussion about this in training this week. No fisticuffs necessary....the right result for the Devils can be achieved through a controlled, focused performance, executing the chances they create.

Gaz G

Think our team and organisation are a bit classier than Simms might give them credit for. Our Coach is all about performance to get the results they need. There will no doubt have been a massive focus and discussion about this in training this week. No fisticuffs necessary....the right result for the Devils can be achieved through a controlled, focused performance, executing the chances they create.
Quite right. That's boring though.

Hedd Wyn John

Quite right. That's boring though.
I'd rather the team won games and lose fights rather than the other war around. Carruth was spot on not to fight Brust the other week. Steelers were losing & Devils winning. I like a hockey fight as much as the next fan but its gotta be done for a reason not just for mindless violence. A pointless fight which could throw away a game is a huge waste in my book.

moggy#9

Personally I think it'd be hilarious to see the Steelers trying their crap, giving up a load of power plays, getting punished, and becoming more and more frustrated. A win for them could be the start of turning things around. A loss could be quite a slippery slope for them.

Swarley

Personally I think it'd be hilarious to see the Steelers trying their crap, giving up a load of power plays, getting punished, and becoming more and more frustrated. A win for them could be the start of turning things around. A loss could be quite a slippery slope for them.
Exactly what I was thinking, our team is in a position to really throw a spanner in the steelers works by playing smart and not taking any stupid risks.

Simms might stir the pot but a win for us on Saturday will be a lovely thing to watch him swallow.

Gaz G

I'd rather the team won games and lose fights rather than the other war around. Carruth was spot on not to fight Brust the other week. Steelers were losing & Devils winning. I like a hockey fight as much as the next fan but its gotta be done for a reason not just for mindless violence. A pointless fight which could throw away a game is a huge waste in my book.
Tongue in cheek gets lost on this forum doesn't it.

Ocko

I’d take the goalie fight over ‘playing smart’.

Everyone who watched the Devils back in the WNIR remembers the Cugnut v Vogel fight, anyone remember the score from the game? Exactly.

Carruth v Brust would have us talking for years.

drainage

Brust stopped at the half way line last game., Therefore avoiding the penalty If there were a subsequent altercation.

If the goalies met at center ice there is no penalty for crossing the line to initiate.
Not sure he got that far …..when I looked he was barely past the goal crease ! He doesn’t strike me as the Usain Bolt of hockey so not sure he made it to halfway and back in the time it took me to look !

Devil94

Wouldn't a goalie fight get stopped immediately these days though? Because they will need to take their helmets off. Think it's a non starter.

This happened last night in the NHL:

Last edited: