Blaze Vs Devils - League - 28th Nov 2021

Wannabe2

So 2 points thankfully, and a 4 point weekend for the best team in the land. Well played lads you got what you deserved 2 wins, and the other 2pretenders got what they deserved bugger all.

moggy#9

They really ground that out in the end. I guess it's the sign of a good team that find ways to win when they're not playing well. Our goalies really could be the difference for us this season.

Earnie

I don’t know what some people expect every game night. It was a game of hockey!
Not the best but our team team played hard and won another two points.
Well done boys, everyone of you.
Good coverage again by Premier. Long may they be there regardless of the camera work which doesn’t bother me at all.

ASHIPP

Good teams find ways to win ugly in a very tight game. Having an outstanding net minder also helps. But he has to have some confidence in the team in front of him to play their part when it could go either way.
Another 2 points earned. This will be great to build confidence and momentum.

Well done Devils.

I don’t understand the use of Waller. Started out as our best player a few weeks ago and deserved his minutes on the first and now he looks like he’s on the 2nd/3rd and hasn’t been as effective as before. Seems like someone who could bring some energy to a game like this with more minutes.
Just remember he’s only just come back from a concussion. So possibly protecting him a bit and while you are on a streak you don’t change the lines

Slartibartfast

Possibly one of the ugliest wins I have seen but I don't care cos thats 6 in a row now. With Belfast and Nottingham losing its been a good weekend for us. Carruth deserves a medal for that performance. I don't know how many noticed but he was also responsible for our goal. He came charging out of the net for a quick pass to the blue line which led to Lammons goal. This guy is so motivated to win.

Regarding the comments about Waller I agree. He is one of our fastest and hardest working players and is floating around line 3 and 4. When he was with Cox and Sandford that line was lethal. But if you put him back there what do you do with Dupont. The first line is working well so he can't go there. I don't want to bash him again as I think he is playing better and showing signs that he could make that line work but Waller on third line just seems wrong to me. But we are winning so as someone else said maybe its a case of don't try to fix it if it ain't broken.

august04 2.0

Possibly one of the ugliest wins I have seen but I don't care cos thats 6 in a row now. With Belfast and Nottingham losing its been a good weekend for us. Carruth deserves a medal for that performance. I don't know how many noticed but he was also responsible for our goal. He came charging out of the net for a quick pass to the blue line which led to Lammons goal. This guy is so motivated to win.

Regarding the comments about Waller I agree. He is one of our fastest and hardest working players and is floating around line 3 and 4. When he was with Cox and Sandford that line was lethal. But if you put him back there what do you do with Dupont. The first line is working well so he can't go there. I don't want to bash him again as I think he is playing better and showing signs that he could make that line work but Waller on third line just seems wrong to me. But we are winning so as someone else said maybe its a case of don't try to fix it if it ain't broken.
DuPont's better form started when he was put on the third line. I’d play him there, he can still be very effective playing down the line up. We might see more from Cox/Sanford with Waller on their line, as we did earlier this season when they looked very dangerous. For me, the Cox/Sanford/DuPont line just doesn’t seem to be getting going offensively. They’ve been pretty anonymous as a threat this weekend.

jenks33

Another good, honest interview by Skalde after the game. Wasn’t happy with the first two periods but satisfied with the third. Says he’s happy with the wins but not necessarily the performances at the moment. Which is spot on

Carruth outstanding again tonight. I’m a big fan of Kozun as well and I know a few people think they’re just as good as each other. Carruth’s on another level though for me.

I’ve made it clear I’m not chuffed with our all round game at the moment and I make no apologies for that. I can’t fault our effort this weekend though and once again we showed plenty of guts tonight. Also our powerplay looks very strong at the moment which is a big bonus.

Devil94

DuPont's better form started when he was put on the third line. I’d play him there, he can still be very effective playing down the line up. We might see more from Cox/Sanford with Waller on their line, as we did earlier this season when they looked very dangerous. For me, the Cox/Sanford/DuPont line just doesn’t seem to be getting going offensively. They’ve been pretty anonymous as a threat this weekend.
To be fair, it was the PP line of Cox, Sanford, Dupont that got the game winning goal for us today. So anonymous as a threat is rather unfair.

august04 2.0

To be fair, it was the PP line of Cox, Sanford, Dupont that got the game winning goal for us today. So anonymous as a threat is rather unfair.
I did say pretty anonymous, not anonymous! And not talking about PP units, that was a PP with Lammon too, who got the goal. You'd expect at least some sort of threat in that scenario and our PP is very good. 5 on 5, they are offering little offensive threat at the moment and I think we can get more out of Cox and Sanford with the speed of Waller alongside them, and still allow DuPont to contribute on the third line, where he was playing pretty well.

Last edited: