Devils @ Guilford

moggy#9

Not bring a keyboard warrior, haven’t been abusive to the guy here either. Just expressing my opinion on what I’ve seen so far on the ice - which is surely what this forum is all about. You don’t agree, that’s fine. At least I have an opinion and am not just attacking fellow posters, you should try it sometime.
I do find it interesting that a new member chooses to criticise long established peers for a simple opinion. Anyone who has been here a while will know that there are differences in opinion, but they're based on reason and usually friendly in nature.

I do find it interesting that a new member chooses to criticise long established peers for a simple opinion. Anyone who has been here a while will know that there are differences in opinion, but they're based on reason and usually friendly in nature.
Not a new member for sure, just never really post anything on here like most members. I just feel you have a massive problem with DuPont and are always native even after other members have said give him time and have also reference Ulmer time to settle in.
Yes my post come across childish but man your being a pain with this whole nativity against DuPont.

august04 2.0

Stop being a keyboard warrior and go chat with DuPont personally and tell him how you feel……. Hopefully Louis is next to him when you tell him how you feel about his hockey season so far
I’ve posted lots of comments on the Inferno over more years than I care to remember. I’ve shared many disagreements with posters here too, we all have different opinions and that’s what debate is all about. Thankfully the Inferno is usually a place where people can enjoy friendly discussion on a game we all love. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a post before where harm is inferred upon another poster. I hope I don’t see it again either. Stay classy Turbo.

Gough60

Wow.... 43 posts on an away shutout win. Well done Devils fantastic result. Big points for Josh & Dupont. Lets carry this on to our 1st league home game.

moggy#9

Not a new member for sure, just never really post anything on here like most members. I just feel you have a massive problem with DuPont and are always native even after other members have said give him time and have also reference Ulmer time to settle in.
Yes my post come across childish but man your being a pain with this whole nativity against DuPont.
Really? I have commented that it was a concern that a player who was billed at a top line centre not only seemed to be having a problem with points production, but from the games if seen had been anonymous. I have not been alone in this. Now, as I've freely admitted, I've had to base that opinion on the TV games I've seen and the stats. I've happily entertained the opinions of other posters on here and always try to be respectful of the views of others. I certainly don't have a problem, as you put it. Though I do have concerns. I suggest you ask other posters here, with whom I regularly debate, what their view of my contributions is. I will always give the reasons for my opinions and an happy to be proved wrong. Hopefully that process will continue tonight and we'll see him get a big point haul.

Mazzoak

What a game to miss, 3 yrs of visiting Surrey Uni and she graduates 2 months before this game, oh well.
Great to hear Dupont has finally turned up, for whatever unknown reason it’s happened now, I’m sure he will show why he’s been signed, remember we’ve got a coach, proven at a top level, if we can have faith in a player that is new to coaching, surely Skalde should receive far more confidence........

Last edited:

Mazzoak

Really? I have commented that it was a concern that a player who was billed at a top line centre not only seemed to be having a problem with points production, but from the games if seen had been anonymous. I have not been alone in this. Now, as I've freely admitted, I've had to base that opinion on the TV games I've seen and the stats. I've happily entertained the opinions of other posters on here and always try to be respectful of the views of others. I certainly don't have a problem, as you put it. Though I do have concerns. I suggest you ask other posters here, with whom I regularly debate, what their view of my contributions is. I will always give the reasons for my opinions and an happy to be proved wrong. Hopefully that process will continue tonight and we'll see him get a big point haul.
l disagree with your opinion of Dupont, that doesn’t mean you should stop voicing it, we’re all adults and as such shouldn’t have an issue accepting the opinions of others. Your concerns aren't without justification, Dupont has been missing.

Pembo

First time for me and my mate in spectrum, took 6 hours to get down from Pembs due to accidents and random speed restrictions bit quicker on way back! Well worth it though. First time out of Wales since going to Cov season that was cancelled. Amazing mask contrast…
Guildford fans were really friendly was chatting to some regulars while leaving the complex their feedback seemed to be relatively consistent:

Kozun was getting massive props, they were commenting how they didn’t think we would be able to replace Bowns and felt if anything he looked more assured than latter games they’d seen Bowns play for us.
They were consistent in commenting how they were glad Waller was doing well for us and had got an opportunity at a bigger team.
They were surprised how anonymous Davies seemed as would normally Catch the eye with his energy.
They were very impressed with Matt Register .

The more games I see the more I really enjoy the Sandford, Cox and Waller line, the pace definitely unsettled teams they seem to be on same wavelength, Cox and Sandford already had link but Waller has adjusted quickly.

moggy#9

exactly my thoughts when I was watching it and when I have seen him play in person I like very much what I see
He and carruth are going to be massive for us this season. Great netminding is critical come crunch time. Arguably the best goalie one two in the league.

kettdevil1

exactly my thoughts when I was watching it and when I have seen him play in person I like very much what I see
I agree but..... my slight concern is that whilst he looks far more spectacular than Carruth, that is maybe the end result of him not being quite as positionally aware as Mac (who to be fair is one of the best I have ever seen positionally) hence, he needs to make the big save to recover. This is not a criticism of him, merely an observation that we have two excellent NMs who have very different styles. I have been massively impressed by both and whilst I still miss Bowns for the flexibility of roster he offers (as well as his netminding ability).... I am very pleased with these two

Rhyan48

I agree but..... my slight concern is that whilst he looks far more spectacular than Carruth, that is maybe the end result of him not being quite as positionally aware as Mac (who to be fair is one of the best I have ever seen positionally) hence, he needs to make the big save to recover. This is not a criticism of him, merely an observation that we have two excellent NMs who have very different styles. I have been massively impressed by both and whilst I still miss Bowns for the flexibility of roster he offers (as well as his netminding ability).... I am very pleased with these two
I agree with this too carruth knows where he is ! And very Very confident, and kozun looks quality too very good net minder ! I like what we have in between the posts ! I don’t miss bowns in the slightest I think what we have now is the best we have had for a long time in them two

moggy#9

I agree with this too carruth knows where he is ! And very Very confident, and kozun looks quality too very good net minder ! I like what we have in between the posts ! I don’t miss bowns in the slightest I think what we have now is the best we have had for a long time in them two
IMO this is where Coventry have an issue. As brilliant as motte is, if he's injured, they're basically screwed. Sheffield and Belfast both have solid netminding, but I wouldn't trade carruth nor kozun.

Rhyan48

IMO this is where Coventry have an issue. As brilliant as motte is, if he's injured, they're basically screwed. Sheffield and Belfast both have solid netminding, but I wouldn't trade carruth nor kozun.
Definitely he is another amazing net minder he stands on his head for the blaze , and I also think Owen is one hell of a netminder too for fife , he is going to be busy this year ! But definitely we have the best duo in the eihl I would say