Devils Vs Storm Pre-Season Back To Back Spectacular

Any updates from the game - couldn't make it today unfortunately!
Couldn’t make out all the scorers from the PA but here’s the best I have
Devils 8️
Storm 1

P1️
Dixon•Reid
Register

P2️
Fawcett
McNally•Louis
Sandford•Cox•Waller

P3️
Dixon•Crandall•Reid
Waller•Cox•Sandford
Reid•Cox•Crandall
Reid•OConnor•DuPont

Attendance 2930

sjkelly07

Love the way Skalde has this team playing, the style is very different to what we saw under Lordo. Not knocking Lordo's Devils at all, our most successful coach ever, what he did for the organisation was unbelievable, but for me there were spells of 'not very exciting' hockey. But as the current slogan says 'New Era', this team has a bit of everything, youth, experience, speed, grit, physicality, skill, finesse, leadership. I'm loving the transition from defence to attack, passing is so slick, there's a definite chemistry developing. I loved the move putting Dixon with Reid & Crandall, I thought the three were superb tonight. Also putting Waller with Cox & Sanford was great, can't see a faster line in the league this year, super skilled. McNally is gonna be huge for us this season, love his game. I also can't wait for Connolly to try run Carruth like he did Carr tonight, that won't end well. Interesting to see how this team fares in a smaller rink tomorrow and then bring on next weekend for when the proper season starts.

God I love this team so so much, we are watching some breath taking hockey at the moment, and it’s only going to get better our balance is untrue. Our speed is not far off F1 speed, skill levels are often quite breathtaking, Physicality no one will bully this team it just ain’t going to happen, goaltending will be a huge strength for this team, and togetherness as a team it’s already big time apparent. Jesus another few weeks together and we could actually become frightening, what a great entertaining team Mr Skalde has put together here, don’t you just love it. Everyone of us has had to put up with so much shit over the last 18 months, and it’s been a bloody nightmare for us all, but these lads are putting the vitality back into life for me, for you, and for us all purely because they are a real joy to watch. Thanks guys it’s been so long to looking forward to weekends, but it’s back now and Jesus don’t it feel bloody good. Happy Hockey Days folks, bloody love it.
Love your enthusiasm Wannabe and agree with lots you have to say but find the blasphemy unnecessary and offensive.
Happy Hockey Days

tim78

This is a team with plenty of depth and versatility, I'm looking forward to seeing how we line up against Sheffield and Belfast. At the moment it does look like we've upped a level which isn't going to change all season.

Dupont's taking on coaching duties so is probably having the extra onus of watch/ reading plays and over thinking. We've seen it before when forwards get the captains band. He's a great passer and I think will jump up levels when/if needed later on. I did enjoy, when he mowed through a storm dman towards the end when they tried to pin him against the board.

moggy#9

I've just seen the highlights of last night's game, but from the games so far Waller has been absolutely incredible no matter what line he's on. This guy could get 20+ goals in the elite league this year.

It'll be interesting to see what happens tonight. The devils won't have anything like that much space up at Manchester.

Out of interest did harewood I've last night?

august04 2.0

This is a team with plenty of depth and versatility, I'm looking forward to seeing how we line up against Sheffield and Belfast. At the moment it does look like we've upped a level which isn't going to change all season.

Dupont's taking on coaching duties so is probably having the extra onus of watch/ reading plays and over thinking. We've seen it before when forwards get the captains band. He's a great passer and I think will jump up levels when/if needed later on. I did enjoy, when he mowed through a storm dman towards the end when they tried to pin him against the board.
I’m sorry but I don’t buy that at all about DuPont. On match night, we have Skalde and Franny running coaching duties. DuPont's sole job on match nights is to play. For me, the biggest problem so far has been his fitness, he’s looked knackered most of the time. I thought that improved last night, as did his overall game.

Wannabe2

I've just seen the highlights of last night's game, but from the games so far Waller has been absolutely incredible no matter what line he's on. This guy could get 20+ goals in the elite league this year.

It'll be interesting to see what happens tonight. The devils won't have anything like that much space up at Manchester.

Waller as you say is playing so so good, he scored a beauty last night, it was so good I thought Sanford had scored it.

Wannabe2

Love your enthusiasm Wannabe and agree with lots you have to say but find the blasphemy unnecessary and offensive.
Happy Hockey Days
Sorry mate didn’t mean to say anything offensive, will try to curb my wording. Quick question and this is said with tongue in cheek, is it Blasphemy to shout out Come On You Devils, and Let’s Go Devils. But I do take your point sorry.

august04 2.0

This young lad Waller has played the last the last two games on our top two lines and hasn’t looked out of place on either of them, and played a key role too. Now I'm a big fan of Myers and his contribution to the Devils these past years, but if the choice that Skalde had was to choose Myers coming towards the end of his career or Waller just starting out, then he made the right one for me. Mind you, if this roster limit hadn’t been set, we might have had both! Waller has been a sensational signing, we just have to make sure that we keep him now!

Last edited:

BostonBart22

All played very well, gelling as a team as if played the last 3 months, passes landing on sticks even without a player looking for it , a joy to watch, thought Ben oconnor had his best game to date, and wow what speed we have in the team...what a goon springer is mcnails went for him didnt want to know, louis had words with him didnt want to know but when louis got tied up with another storm player springer was up for it then. plus his fight with mickleson they were on the floor and he was still pummeling blows to mickleson to the head, absolute num nuts. lets hope he gets what he deserves tonight, within the rules of course...

moggy#9

This young lad Waller has played the last the last two games on our top two lines and hasn’t looked out of place on either of them, and played a key role too. Now I'm a big fan of Myers and his contribution to the Devils these past years, but if the choice that Skalde had was to choose Myers coming towards the end of his career or Waller just starting out, then he made the right one for me. Mind you, if this roster limit hadn’t been set, we might have had both still! Waller has been a sensational signing, we just have to make sure that we keep him now!
If he has the season in now expecting from him, I would expect some scouts to start paying attention, though he's too old for the North American junior leagues. He has to be destined to play for the GB senior team this season.

JC23

No Harewood or Duggan last night bud.