2021/22 Roster - Rumours/Predictions

jenks33

Thread starter #741
But if you can work around the salary cap to sign 20 players (especially to give you 4 Line Hockey in the CHL) then it does make sense!
I think we’re all hoping you’re right! 11 forwards (3 of those being brits) with all the competitions we’re going to play in does worry me if we want to compete on all fronts.

jenks33

Thread starter #743
Who knows maybe Skalde doesn’t even want a spare player to start the season. If you’ve got a new group of players and you’re trying to create a good team spirit and get players to buy into you is it the best idea to sit a player out every game? I appreciate it probably raises performance and effort levels if players know they might sit out the next match but there’s always a chance it might cause negativity in camp. I’m sure the option will be there to add another player as the season goes on if required. Which I’m sure will happen with injuries and suspensions

Ocko

Most pro league in the world have healthy scratched players every night, can’t see it being a massive issue and nothing they wouldn’t of encountered before.

Have Hope#35

Who knows maybe Skalde doesn’t even want a spare player to start the season. If you’ve got a new group of players and you’re trying to create a good team spirit and get players to buy into you is it the best idea to sit a player out every game? I appreciate it probably raises performance and effort levels if players know they might sit out the next match but there’s always a chance it might cause negativity in camp. I’m sure the option will be there to add another player as the season goes on if required. Which I’m sure will happen with injuries and suspensions
Thing is... For the Tatra Cup, CHL and Pre-Season he wouldn't have to sit anyone!

jenks33

Thread starter #747
Most pro league in the world have healthy scratched players every night, can’t see it being a massive issue and nothing they wouldn’t of encountered before.
I’ve heard Jesse Mychan, Trevor Hendrikx and Gui Doucet all talk very negatively about having to sit games out during their time here. Players don’t come to the UK to sit games out, sure it’s different in leagues where your earning good money. Having said that if we were to sit a player out I’m sure it would be a Brit.

jenks33

Thread starter #748
Thing is... For the Tatra Cup, CHL and Pre-Season he wouldn't have to sit anyone!
I was just throwing it out there. Just saying it wouldn’t surprise me if Skalde was happy to see how we get on with these 19 players for now seeing as we can’t play 4 lines in the EIHL anyway. No chance would we go the whole season without seeing one or two new faces tho

Earnie said:
I agree. Having a salary cap and carrying a spare doesn’t add up.

"But if you can work around the salary cap to sign 20 players (especially to give you 4 Line Hockey in the CHL) then it does make sense!"

Is this not the very issue that has caused so much teeth-gnashing in the past. Clubs conspiring to find ways in which to bust the cap, "work around it" yet still proclaim we are within the agreed salary cap.

With all teams still to finalize their squads, be interesting to see if the old chant "they are buying the league" rings out.

Yet to hear "good on them for finding a workaround"

Have Hope#35

Earnie said:
I agree. Having a salary cap and carrying a spare doesn’t add up.

"But if you can work around the salary cap to sign 20 players (especially to give you 4 Line Hockey in the CHL) then it does make sense!"

Is this not the very issue that has caused so much teeth-gnashing in the past. Clubs conspiring to find ways in which to bust the cap, "work around it" yet still proclaim we are within the agreed salary cap.

With all teams still to finalize their squads, be interesting to see if the old chant "they are buying the league" rings out.

Yet to hear "good on them for finding a workaround"
I only meant that you make 20 Players work within the agreed Salary Cap - Who said anything about going over the Cap?

James

Administrator
I’ve heard Jesse Mychan, Trevor Hendrikx and Gui Doucet all talk very negatively about having to sit games out during their time here. Players don’t come to the UK to sit games out, sure it’s different in leagues where your earning good money. Having said that if we were to sit a player out I’m sure it would be a Brit.
No player wants to sit out a game. It depends how the player handles it. Do you fight for your spot back or do you get pissed off ? Its the players prepared to fight for their roster place that we want.

I don’t think a British player should have to be a healthy scratch in his own league because the team is full of imported players tho

"I only meant that you make 20 Players work within the agreed Salary Cap - Who said anything about going over the Cap?

Might have misread. What was typed was work around, not within the agreed Salary Cap

The_Puck

If the rumours are true and we sign Brodie DuPont and Skate Skalde, then we will sit Skalde. The rules are 19 squad players in a match lineup. 14 imports is the max, but there’s no limit to how many brits you can use. So in our case we will be icing 6 brits and 13 imports because Steve king has already stated we value BOC more than an import. So we currently have 12 imports and 6 brits. Those final 2 guys sign and then we have our roster with Skalde sitting all the games (would play if he had too)

mjh

Who is your pick for the C? I'm going for the obvious choice... Dixon. Not knowing much about the new guys, I'm not sure who the alternatives might be. Richie would be my second choice.

matbur

No player wants to sit out a game. It depends how the player handles it. Do you fight for your spot back or do you get pissed off ? Its the players prepared to fight for their roster place that we want.
Very true, who wants to be a healthy scratch?

I think it's abysmal that the league themselves can't even officially communicate the roster information for the new season to the fans.

It's those same fans who the clubs, ours included, will be expecting to support via ticket sales, live streams, raffles, auctions and anything else over the next 12 months.