Bownsy at Graz

Rhyan48

After all these years, there are are still idiots posting nonsense.
Everyone has their own opinion pal and everyone is welcome to their own opinion ! Not saying he didn’t do well at the devils he did , but last season he lost it / didn’t want to be there what ever one time for a change and I’m sure the owners will find a brilliant guy for in between the pipes
IM no idiot pal so stop bumping your gums There’s a god lad

KaneDevils

*post now deleted* The way I worded things , say it how it is sorry if it offends you , and many other people would agree with me and I know that for a fact !
Not going to happen. The way you worded it was pathetic. "He didnt want to be here"? I bet the owners and former coach would disagree. But they'd be wrong too of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

voth26

I'm amazed to see so many posts kicking Bownsy since he joined Gratz. People seem to be forgetting how much he did for us and and how much he helped us win the trophies we did. I watched the recent Gratz it wasn't brilliant by any stretch, granted Bownsy wasn't brilliant by any stretch but he was left out to dry quite a few times.

Wannabe2

Wish him well, the last season he had here we really did win the league,made a cup final and could have well won the play offs, so what’s the problem wishing him well, unless you are truly a lost cause.whats the problem.

Rhyan48

Wish him well, the last season he had here we really did win the league,made a cup final and could have well won the play offs, so what’s the problem wishing him well, unless you are truly a lost cause.whats the problem.
I got nothing against him and never said I hope things don’t work out , all I have said is he didn’t want to be at Cardiff and I think most of last season showed ! I’m not knocking him for wanting to better his career everyone would want to do so , In what ever someone does ! Yes we won a lot but that is not all down to goal tending , yes he pulls of some class saves , but also let in some howlers , personally and I know I am not alone last season was the worst season he ever played in a devils jerseys and it’s time to move on he has gone , mad dog has always been there and personally I think he is a top nettie and should of had more ice time !! Everyone is entitled to a opinion pal

moggy#9

Thread starter #32
When I started this thread it was with the intention of following bownsy's progress, getting and idea of what the Austrian league is like and generally having a discussion on actual hockey that has actually been played. Judging by the number of deleted comments, it seems to going on a completely different direction. Admins, you might as well pull the whole thread.

That’s exactly what I was expecting from the thread moggy.
It really is disappointing to see people using it as a means to put the boot in now BB has gone on to pastures new.
As Rhyan keeps reminding us, everyone is entitled to their opinions but sometimes opinions are just best kept to yourselves.
Not all opinions are equally qualified and I’m not talking about this message board.
The coach and ownership obviously were of the opinion that Bowns was their man and that’s the only relevant opinion.
After all the progress club, owners and BB have made together since the takeover I think Rhyan is being very disrespectful to say Bowns didn’t care, wasn’t bothered etc.
The suggestion that he wasn’t trying his best after the bond they obviously made, having been flown out to Calgary for summer training camps each year etc.
Sometimes you play better than other times, that’s all

kingmo19.1

Jeez, the bloke has only been gone 10 minutes and people are slagging him off and running him down.

He did great for us and let’s not forget that - I don’t recall many slagging him off when we were regularly winning trophies.

I don’t also recall him ever saying last year “I don’t want to be in Cardiff” as some are alluding to.

I hope he does well, he deserves a chance and I hope he grabs it with both hands. The by product of Ben doing well is it also helps promote our league and highlights British talent.

Chris

Administrator
When I started this thread it was with the intention of following bownsy's progress, getting and idea of what the Austrian league is like and generally having a discussion on actual hockey that has actually been played. Judging by the number of deleted comments, it seems to going on a completely different direction. Admins, you might as well pull the whole thread.
I don't want to delete the whole thread, the intentions at the start were good.

I'll just keep deleting posts when the same people keep trying to derail it, whether intentionally or not. At least the thread eventually gets back on track.

For what it's worth, and having only seen results and no footage from the games it does seem that Graz might be struggling a bit at the moment. Hopefully they give Bowns some time to settle in before they rush to make any changes.

KaneDevils

It was never a question of Bownsy "not wanting to be here", that's nonsense. He had his head turned. He would of been excited as much as he would of been apprehensive, about leaving. New club, new country, different league. A big move, exciting as much as nerve wracking. His head would of told him different to his heart. (More than likely, normal emotions)
This would of led to indifferent performances or leaking a few sloppy goals,. Not a desire to leave or a will to not be here. That's inaccurate and unfair.

Last edited: