Rumour mill

Mazzoak

It’s gonna be an interesting season if COVID remains in the sin bin.

One team is using all 66 pages of the how to run a Hockey Team manual (or Karma Sutra, if that’s your thing) the other is keeping to page 7 (the missionary position) it’s worked for the last 6 yrs, so why not......

pjj365

What would be interesting is if we were to pick up players from teams who are dithering on their recruitment. Panthers would flip out if we got here for example.
Do we know for a fact they are dithering. We know that we have more players signed than announced - how much is this mirrored in other teams?
As to Smotherman - it's interesting. He has not retired nor has he signed elsewhere. Simply".... with uncertainty of the future and the current state of the world ..(he's) staying in North America" How many others will take the same position - if they can afford to!

ASHIPP

I saw it on his twitter but him later.
nothing from the Giants offically. Smotherman was a fan favourite in Teal and Assistant captain last year. For the giant not issue a press release to thank him imo is pretty classless.

How do we know they are not going to post something about Smotherman....they may pay tribute to him later. Clubs are not obligated to comment on departing players.

One thing that is certain about the Giants..... they have never been short of quality players joining their roster. They have the ability to attract them and they will again if and when the new season starts.,

CaldicotDevil

How do we know they are not going to post something about Smotherman....they may pay tribute to him later. Clubs are not obligated to comment on departing players.

One thing that is certain about the Giants..... they have never been short of quality players joining their roster. They have the ability to attract them and they will again if and when the new season starts.,
Clubs aren't obligated to comment on players leaving but if Smotherman was a Devils (which I would love btw) and he achieved what he did for Belfast and then left. I would expect the Devils to issue a press release thanking him for his services.

Just to throw it out there, about 2 months ago I saw a rumour on Twitter regarding Smotherman joining the devils. At the time I didn’t believe it could happen but you never know

Have Hope#35

Just to throw it out there, about 2 months ago I saw a rumour on Twitter regarding Smotherman joining the devils. At the time I didn’t believe it could happen but you never know
He said in his Instagram post that his main reason for not returning to Belfast was due to current COVID Crisis and that next season he would therefore be staying close to home.