Rumour mill

august04

Without knowing about the North American opportunity, I really thought Lord was going to stay with Cardiff after turning down the Innsbruck job. If it’s with Wheeling, he had to take it - it’s a no-brainer and a career path to greater things than he could ever achieve in Europe, if it works out. He’s been great for us and I really hope he makes it in North America.

I just hope we don’t get Thommo!

jenks33

Mixed emotions. Sadness that Lordo is moving on but also excitement and apprehension. It will be interesting to see who takes over, I genuinely think we’ll have some very good candidates interested in this job. I trust the owners and todd to make the right appointment but there’s always a bit of apprehension that things could go horribly wrong.

BostonBart22

Thread starter #307
Well that was painful to watch, but hey ho good luck lordo you really deserve a shot closer to home, hope all goes well for you, thanks for the memories...

moggy#9

Amazing that lordo got 3 enquires about the job just on the basis of rumours he mighty be going. I think it's going to take a while to sift through all the candidates. This is as hard as when lawless left for Manchester but, as I recall, his successor did pretty well...

Have Hope#35

It won't be Wheeling given it's a Head Coaching Role... You have to think that it'll be the Greenville Swamp Rabbits given they've just started following him and they announced Tuesday that they wouldn't be renewing their current Coaches Contract! I can only wish Lordo all the very best.

ASHIPP

The next chapter for Andrew and a great springboard to further his career. He has done everything in the UK game.... several times over. He needs and deserves a new challenge.

Thank you Lordo for 6 amazing years. Wishing you a few more amazing years at a new club.

Mazzoak

2020 wasn’t the off season we wanted.........

Good luck Lordo.

Depends which club and role he takes for how much luck he’s going to need. It’s going to be an interesting few months.
Reading their reactions, Todd seemed pissed, granted not obvious, I’ve seen enough to notice he’s not a happy bunny. Lordo seems a bit too emotional. How much is this down to a number of factors, biggest being of course money & COVID. I got the impression both parties didn’t seem as happy as the words coming from their mouths.

zoesdevil

Without knowing about the North American opportunity, I really thought Lord was going to stay with Cardiff after turning down the Innsbruck job. If it’s with Wheeling, he had to take it - it’s a no-brainer and a career path to greater things than he could ever achieve in Europe, if it works out. He’s been great for us and I really hope he makes it in North America.

I just hope we don’t get Thommo!
Could be Greenville Swamp Rabbits

Mazzoak

Its at times like these colours get shown, rats leave the sinking ship, Captains close the bow doors drowning those expendable crew members, for the greater good.

This week I’ve seen the redundancy process in all its glory, so maybe I’m a bit sore. Those who've succumbed to the process, for all the token gestures of the process being fair, equal etc. The sad reality or not depending on your level of sympathy is that it isn't. Some of the reasons l had have been shocking, when it comes to survival, those I’d never think I’d see putting their feet well and truly onto the heads of others........

So when l read about how “Great an organisation is” my already sceptical brain before this week is even less convinced.
That maybe unfair to the Devils Organisation, 2020 has proven all bets are off.....

My point being Lord may have left because of self preservation. The current threat to the EIHL maybe greater than we all imagine.

Last edited:

Chris

Administrator
Its at times like these colours get shown, rats leave the sinking ship, Captains close the bow doors drowning those expendable crew members, for the greater good.

This week I’ve seen the redundancy process in all its glory, so maybe I’m a bit sore. Those who've succumbed to the process, for all the token gestures of the process being fair, equal etc. The sad reality or not depending on your level of sympathy is that it isn't. Some of the reasons l had have been shocking, when it comes to survival, those I’d never think I’d see putting their feet well and truly onto the heads of others........

So when l read about how “Great an organisation is” my already sceptical brain before this week is even less convinced.
That maybe unfair to the Devils Organisation, 2020 has proven all beats are off.....

My point being Lord may have left because of self preservation. The current threat to the EIHL maybe greater than we all imagine.
What the?

Mazzoak

Don’t trust anyone in business.......

Yeah sorry rambled a bit.

I don’t believe this is a simple case of Lord going to further his career.