Rumour mill

august04

If Lord wants to coach in NA I think he needs to take a stepping stone job like a assistant role and build his profile in NA. He's too far off the radar in the EIHL to get a head coach role.

If he does go I wish him all the best and can't thank him enough for what he's done. However if he starts taking Bowns, Riley, Fourns or Jardine with him it's going to tarnish what he's achieved with us.
I can’t see the likes of Riley, Fournier or Jardine going to the ECHL. That would be a step backwards for them.

jenks33

If Lord wants to coach in NA I think he needs to take a stepping stone job like a assistant role and build his profile in NA. He's too far off the radar in the EIHL to get a head coach role.

If he does go I wish him all the best and can't thank him enough for what he's done. However if he starts taking Bowns, Riley, Fourns or Jardine with him it's going to tarnish what he's achieved with us.
I thought he would leave for a head coach role in a better league in Europe, A head coach role in the ECHL or an assistant role in the AHL.

I thought he would leave for a head coach role in a better league in Europe, A head coach role in the ECHL or an assistant role in the AHL.
Agree that's where I think his level is but It's no secret he floated his CV round NA end of last season and didn't get any bites. Maybe he changed his expectations this year.

I would take the Innsbruck job over the Nailers job if I was Lord. However he may be thinking bigger picture; Nailers - Wilkes Barre Penguins are both established affiliates to Pittsburgh Penguins. He may see more of a career path in Wheeling. If he does well with the Nailers it's likely he'll be moved up to Wilkes, then maybe one day getting a coaching role at the Pens.

Devils86

Professional-Level Straw Grasping:

The announcement by the Devils includes the following - "Attention all Devils fans!" and describe it as a "special" press conference...

If it was bad news then using the above is not great PR - which we know the Devils are good at. So maybe it's not bad news?

But realistically everything points to him leaving for NA

Going to be a long 2 hours

kingmo19.1

Panic over ! If it’s a ‘special’ press conference then obviously they’ve made the decision to open up the Gantry to permit Social Distancing! Lordo remains and it’ll be announced to quell speculation that a new 10 year contract has been inked!

moggy#9

Panic over ! If it’s a ‘special’ press conference then obviously they’ve made the decision to open up the Gantry to permit Social Distancing! Lordo remains and it’ll be announced to quell speculation that a new 10 year contract has been inked!
Well "special" in this context, I think, means more"exceptional circumstances" or "unexpected".

Gospel

Im of the thinking that the use of the word 'special' is for a special period in time for the Devils history, but that time is up & Lord is moving on and the announcement of the new coach will happen today also.