20/21 Squad

moggy#9

Another signing on Friday then. I'm thinking maybe batchy after winding up the fans this week. Alternatively Myers or Richardson. I'm guessing that duggan and mosey would be a double announcement at some point in the future.

ASHIPP

Guessing it's going to be Richie. Always once of the first announcements in the off-season. Although any British signing would be great news.

moggy#9

He could choose to get out of it yes... But the Club won't announce anything unless he decides to leave for another club as there's no need to confirm he's back given the current deal in place.
We know that if a big offer comes along the club has a history of not standing in people's way. The questions are whether the Innsbruck thing is real, and if so, how big an opportunity it is. Certainly Innsbruck seem to have struggled last season. Whoever takes that job on would likely be in the firing line and is unlikely to see much in the way of silverware. If I were lordo I think I'd see the Innsbruck job as a poison chalice.

august04

Lord is certainly getting more exposure because of our CHL performances this past few years and EBEL is definitely a step up from the EIHL even if we can beat those teams on our day, as we’ve shown. There’s more kudos coaching in that league then here and it could be a good stepping stone in advancing his career to even higher level leagues. I suppose it depends how ambitious he is.

moggy#9

Lord is certainly getting more exposure because of our CHL performances this past few years and EBEL is definitely a step up from the EIHL even if we can beat those teams on our day, as we’ve shown. There’s more kudos coaching in that league then here and it could be a good stepping stone in advancing his career to even higher level leagues. I suppose it depends how ambitious he is.
My point really is that Innsbruck were so far behind most of the league last season, would he be able to make an impression on a losing team. In fact, would be have the resources to turn things around for them? An environment where he was set up to fail could really blot his CV. That said, if he was successful it could step him up to the next level in a league like the DEL.

ASHIPP

Lordo is no stranger to taking risks in his career. He threw himself into building a new era Devils team from scratch and coached them. They didn't know what was going to happen other than provide entertaining sport for a growing fan base. Somehow along the way in that first glorious season, the Devils won the Challenge Cup and finished 3rd.

Lordo relishes challenges. If he is ambitious and the right opportunity comes along, he has earned it.

Selfishly I would be very happy if he stayed here but he deserves to further his career and there will already be a succession plan in place at our Club if he does spread his wings.

moggy#9

Lordo is no stranger to taking risks in his career. He threw himself into building a new era Devils team from scratch and coached them. They didn't know what was going to happen other than provide entertaining sport for a growing fan base. Somehow along the way in that first glorious season, the Devils won the Challenge Cup and finished 3rd.

Lordo relishes challenges. If he is ambitious and the right opportunity comes along, he has earned it.

Selfishly I would be very happy if he stayed here but he deserves to further his career and there will already be a succession plan in place at our Club if he does spread his wings.
Yeah, certainly wouldn't begrudge him the opportunity. If he does go to Innsbruck I just hope her has the financial support to build a team, and doesn't take any of ours with him.

august04

My point really is that Innsbruck were so far behind most of the league last season, would he be able to make an impression on a losing team. In fact, would be have the resources to turn things around for them? An environment where he was set up to fail could really blot his CV. That said, if he was successful it could step him up to the next level in a league like the DEL.
He almost can’t lose - if he were to turn them around, then it might make people in higher leagues take real notice of his ability and open up some real opportunities. If he doesn’t, well, nothing lost really as they’re a losing team.
If there‘s bigger TV money in the EBEL league, there‘s more likely to be hockey next season than here too. He could almost take a calculated risk, give it a go in Austria with the possibility of coming back here the following season if it doesn’t work out, if the next EIHL season is still in doubt.

kingmo19.1

========== BREAKING NEWS =========
I heard a very strong rumour today that Lordo is on his way and negotiations are in progress as to severance.

Apparently, a deal has been done with DevilsATW (aka Nostra) to hold the fort should Lordo seek to return if things don’t work out !!!!!

I’m told that Nostra has already put a number of contracts out and we’re awaiting answers from Mr Millette, Mr Gillingham, Mr Glatt and Mr Bump!

Wannabe2

Thread starter #316
========== BREAKING NEWS =========
I heard a very strong rumour today that Lordo is on his way and negotiations are in progress as to severance.

Apparently, a deal has been done with DevilsATW (aka Nostra) to hold the fort should Lordo seek to return if things don’t work out !!!!!

I’m told that Nostra has already put a number of contracts out and we’re awaiting answers from Mr Millette, Mr Gillingham, Mr Glatt and Mr Bump!
That is so funny, it’s good to laugh in these dark days, wonder if he will also bring Hinks, Bailey, and Quinny.

BostonBart22

You silly person.

I told u martin would be back I told you there is a brit signing Friday all before these were announced.

I'm telling you lord and bowns will both be back.

If I'm wrong I will leave this forum
Not a nice phrase, MODS have a word...

Last edited by a moderator:
For comments like that Devilsatw should be banned from this Forum.

I dont see anyone going into Velindre Hospital laughing.

MODS if people are allowed to post such comments then this website should shut down as it bring utter shame to the DEVILS community.

OJ

Your as funny as cancer.
You silly person.

I told u martin would be back I told you there is a brit signing Friday all before these were announced.

I'm telling you lord and bowns will both be back.

If I'm wrong I will leave this forum
You are a very sad individual and should be removed off this forum hope you never have to walk into valindre I know people that have been there and never come out.mods please block this idiot