Rumour mill

moggy#9

I do admire the way he turned it around last season after his struggles the previous year. If I’m honest though I can’t say I’ll miss him if he does move on.
He was a solid performer last season. I would have no problem with him coming back, but I suspect that we're going to be looking to bring the average age of the squad down a bit for next season. For me the priority players to sign will be mosey, Dixon, Fourier, jardine and McNamee, as well as the Brits. I fully expect Riley and marjamaki to be back too.

ASHIPP

Louis and Pope both have partners from here don't they? Would imagine they would be signed again as they have a reason to be here. Big Lou is a solid defence man with a nasty streak and Pope really did work hard to get back to his previous performance level. Injuries are the only question mark.

Earnie

It barely qualifies to be in ‘Rumours’ topic but researchers in Singapore predict we will be virus free by September 30th this year.
( don’t believe everything you read on the Internet comes to mind!)

BostonBart22

Thread starter #88
It barely qualifies to be in ‘Rumours’ topic but researchers in Singapore predict we will be virus free by September 30th this year.
( don’t believe everything you read on the Internet comes to mind!)
Hopefully not but Lots of rumours suggesting we are in for another spike in october , and bigger than the one we are in now, all ifs and buts though..

august04

Louis and Pope both have partners from here don't they? Would imagine they would be signed again as they have a reason to be here. Big Lou is a solid defence man with a nasty streak and Pope really did work hard to get back to his previous performance level. Injuries are the only question mark.
I would hope that the principal criteria for re-signing a player is that they’re good enough to continue contributing to their best of their ability, not that they’ve married/partnered with someone local.

pjj365

I would hope that the principal criteria for re-signing a player is that they’re good enough to continue contributing to their best of their ability, not that they’ve married/partnered with someone local.
Whilst I would normally agree with this, for next season it may be prudent to recruit local

ASHIPP

Totally agree with you. Should always be that they are good enough. But the Club values the happiness and stability of players, and understanding the ethics of the Club amongst other things, .and there will also now be other factors in trying to attract new players to the UK amid what is going on right now.

Devils86

My thoughts at the end of last season were that we would lose about 9 of the roster. 5 forwards, 3 D and Bowns.

Pope was 1 of the forwards, along with Benti. The screenshot above seems to be a clear indication that he’s on his way. For me I’d have been OK with him coming back but as above I’d anticipated him moving on.

Last edited:

BostonBart22

Thread starter #93
My thoughts at the end of last season were that we would lose about 9 of the roster. 5 forwards, 3 D and Bowns.

Pope was 1 of the forwards, along with Benti. The screenshot above seems to be a clear indication that he’s on his way. For me I’d have been OK with him coming back but as above I’d anticipated him moving on.
Was a shame Ben didnt get a club last season in europe, think fans could see he was disapointed a deal fell through, think he knew that as well , He done wonders for the Devils, best nettie ever to don a Devils shirt, if he has gone to Austria then all well and good for him at the expense of Devils loss. Pretty sure he will step up to his playing ability again with a new team and coaching staff good luck Ben..As for Pope and Benti they had their best years at this great club both served us well at times and scored some title winning goals along the way, good luck both..

Kevlar68

Agreed about bowns has served this club well but are you saying because a transfer this season fell through he played without passion, if you want "had a sulk on?". He's a professional athlete, you would think he would put it behind him not be disappointed to the extent that it effected his game allot of the season.

BostonBart22

Thread starter #95
Agreed about bowns has served this club well but are you saying because a transfer this season fell through he played without passion, if you want "had a sulk on?". He's a professional athlete, you would think he would put it behind him not be disappointed to the extent it effects him game.
No didnt say he played without passion , but affected his game no doubt at the dissapointment of not going abroad, think it would affect any player tbh...

pjj365

This is worth a listen. Ben is first up with a 30min or so interview. He talks about last summer not being full on training etc (understandably - as he says - he was getting married). He also talks about offers he got and how a last minute opportunity from Switzerland fell through (ran out of time).
https://open.spotify.com/episode/4HaD11XbKLIenSdbaoSe5w?si=bKdbarwvS2uohV9PX1_pxg
All in all though I have no doubt Ben gave his all and if he goes I'll be sorry to see it but wish him well and if it's to go to a better leauge it will be well deserved