20/21 Squad

ASHIPP

Never any doubting about Andrew's passion for this Club. He is a man of integrity and we are lucky to have him here. For now it would be great if he stays but long term he is destined for bigger opportunities which he will have earned.

Swarley

So you think he would stay in Cardiff just to become a shareholder rather than take up a post as head coach in a top European league? Deluded if that`s your thought process
Did I say it would be his main reason behind him staying if he stayed? No I also said he had integrity something a lot of other members have pointed out as well but I guess that makes us all deluded then doesn't it.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #203
Forget Claretgiant what’s their views got to do with Cardiff, when you are a 2/3rd team you ain’t going to be happy with the number 1 team, but that’s life.

mjh

The thing I love about Lordo is you can tell he's always hungry and not in the same way as me (food wise) . I mean hungry for the win, the trophy etc. Can't wait to get back down to the viola.

BostonBart22

Seems like the government are going to insist that anyone entering the uk will be quarantined for 2 weeks , so the players will need to be in by sept 1st at least for 2 weeks quarantine and get 2 weeks training before magic weekend ...

Wannabe2

Thread starter #210
Seems like the government are going to insist that anyone entering the uk will be quarantined for 2 weeks , so the players will need to be in by sept 1st at least for 2 weeks quarantine and get 2 weeks training before magic weekend ...
Think it’s pretty much nailed on there won’t be a magic weekend, and if a season does start I cant see it happening till late Oct early Nov.

Forget Claretgiant what’s their views got to do with Cardiff, when you are a 2/3rd team you ain’t going to be happy with the number 1 team, but that’s life.
Number 1 by default ....without completing the WHOLE season no one knows who would have been in that position...final 10% of the season changes have been know to take place.

as for your comment on my comments having nothing to do with Cardiff, this coming from someone who is constantly making comments on other teams on THEIR forum. I dont care if Lord stays or leaves thats true, i questioned the claim he would stay in cardiff because of some claim he would become a share owner if he stayed.
Another reply said something about Lord having integrity..... if you make the cheque/offer big enough integrity means squat, plenty of others have jumped ship from other teams for this same reason.

pjj365

Number 1 by default ....without completing the WHOLE season no one knows who would have been in that position...final 10% of the season changes have been know to take place.

as for your comment on my comments having nothing to do with Cardiff, this coming from someone who is constantly making comments on other teams on THEIR forum. I dont care if Lord stays or leaves thats true, i questioned the claim he would stay in cardiff because of some claim he would become a share owner if he stayed.
Another reply said something about Lord having integrity..... if you make the cheque/offer big enough integrity means squat, plenty of others have jumped ship from other teams for this same reason.
Lord's contract is not based on "some claim" but on public announcements - your opinion is yours and fine but facts are reacts

Kevlar68

That contract clause does seem a bit odd to me though about becoming a share holder.
If he stayed until this clause kicked in then the team were playing real bad it would be difficult then to sack a shareholder and then a shareholder who may go on to coach another side.
Would that be a conflict of interest that would make it difficult for him to coach another side?
Not sure how that sort of legal thing pans out.

Last edited:

moggy#9

That contract clause does seem a bit odd to me though about becoming a share holder.
If he stayed until this clause kicked in then the team were playing real bad it would be difficult then to sack a shareholder and then a shareholder who may go on to coach another side.
Would that be a conflict of interest that would make it difficult for him to coach another side?
Not sure how that sort of legal thing pans out.
To be honest, in my opinion, if lordo moved on it would be to coach in North America or a higher European league. The only conflict would be a meeting in the CHL. I couldn't imagine him coaching another EIHL club.

SteveKing

Hey Claret, the Devils were first after the WHOLE season. The season is over. The cancelled games were a tough break for any team that thought they had a chance to catch us even though that was improbable. But all of that is just fantasy. the Devils were first at the end of the season. That is an indisputable fact. Other leagues have looked for every possible way to declare a champion. Our league has gone the other way.

kingmo19.1

.... and let’s not forget, we’d also played 2-3 games less than all the other teams in the top 4, so the likelihood is that lead would have been extended even further!

Claret, to be fair, I think you’d have finished 5th with Panthers having 2 games in hand on you! Maybe a blessing in disguise the season ended early for you!

Giants - the new Blaze :)

Hey Claret, the Devils were first after the WHOLE season. The season is over. The cancelled games were a tough break for any team that thought they had a chance to catch us even though that was improbable. But all of that is just fantasy. the Devils were first at the end of the season. That is an indisputable fact. Other leagues have looked for every possible way to declare a champion. Our league has gone the other way.

NOT THIS ONE

.... and let’s not forget, we’d also played 2-3 games less than all the other teams in the top 4, so the likelihood is that lead would have been extended even further!

Claret, to be fair, I think you’d have finished 5th with Panthers having 2 games in hand on you! Maybe a blessing in disguise the season ended early for you!

Giants - the new Blaze :)
Devils would have won the league last season as well if the season had finished early, but that never seems to be mentioned when your owner makes post like "90% of the games that were played, are far more important than the 10% that were not"
hahaha....you have won two league titles in 23 years as opposed to Giants winning 5 league titles in 20 years.

Devil94

Northern Ireland government have said competitive sports will "hopefully" be back by December.
Starting to think there might be no point for any type of 2020-2021 season. Can't see how it can be viable for a league like ours.