Guildford Flames v Cardiff Devils - 16/02/20 - League

terry hunt

I think we missed Pope badly he has been great defensively and controlled that 3rd line.
I think we may see Linglet for the cup final.
Home game with a trophy on the line should be the ideal stage for his greatness.

jenks33

I think linglet was starting to show some form for about 7 or 8 games before the injury after an average before xmas spell
Yeah I think Linglet was starting to show signs that he was finding his game. Agree with Jimmy Snels though that Pope’s absence is a bigger loss. I do think Linglet will be a big miss in the CC final though if he isn’t fit. He’s the type of player that raises his game for a final.

Hedd Wyn John

So who thinks we're gonna do the treble this year?
I think lack the consistency & strength in defence to be that successful. It would take a special team to win the league, CC & playoffs. This year's team aren't at that level but I think we've got it in us to win 1 piece of silverware.

Mazzoak

Interesting stat: (this is not an attack, slander etc etc, merely facts presented with evidence, social media is crazy right now...)

Crooks scored the same amount of goals last night (5 goals, 1 game) than Linglet and Bentivoglio have in a combined 70 games this year.
We may regret not reacting to this, one more injured player and we are in a situation that may not be recoverable. Let’s hope Batch is well protected by his team.......

jenks33

I think we might sneak the league. Sheffield concede too many goals and I don’t think Nottingham will be consistent enough to catch us. Belfast are out of it in my opinion.
Pains me to say it but I’ve got a feeling Sheffield will win the CC.
And I fancy panthers for the play offs.

Temme

The club have done something from what I've seen, Haddad (whom was playing RW on the Dixon Linglet line), is now playing LW instead, as that's where we have struggled somewhat.

I don't see their obvious struggles as a big problem personally, every single team has problems like this of some sort, being honest - when can we remember a truly complete roster with everyone being happy with... Everyone?

Just by example: 18/19 Jake, faryna and Pope were kind of the scapegoats for bad play.

17/18? Well that was Drew Paris etc (my memory fails me!!!)

Every year there's guys we'd like to see more from, and never in the history of the eihl has an entire fan base been happy with every single player.

I see a Steelers fan on Twitter yesterday saying there's only 6 imports he'd keep, and there's 'major' changes needed in the summer, crazy!!!

No doubt we will make tweeks for next year, but I'm sure most of us agree the core of this team must stay together, we certainly don't need wholesale changes!

moggy#9

I think we might sneak the league. Sheffield concede too many goals and I don’t think Nottingham will be consistent enough to catch us. Belfast are out of it in my opinion.
I think that Belfast have quite a nice run in, but the team they have this year isn't a patch on last year's. Nottingham look really good, and you're right, I can't see them failing to pick up the playoffs on their own barn. As for us and Sheffield it's seems to friend upon which version of those sides turn up.

Rich Best

Based on our recent run of games we have dipped a bit.
We're 5 wins in 7, panthers 4 wins in 7. Steelers 3 wins in 7.

If you look at just the last 4 games panthers have won 3, we have won 2.

We are pretty consistent versus the rest of the league and taking a medium and long term view the most consistent.

Winning a treble will be a huge achievement but my point is that we are in the best position to do so and it could just be on.

Wannabe2

No one is in the best position when it comes to the play offs, they are like a separate mini league of there own. It’s a huge ask for any team to win the treble, they would have to be incredibly consistent and no one is that this season, as the league is pretty strong this year. We have a 50-50 chance of the Challenge cup, but with home advantage, the league is still a lottery, and Panthers are peaking nicely for the play offs. So at a time when anyone can beat anyone anything can still unfold.

BostonBart22

Devils will win one trophy...blaze playoffs they deserve something this season 100% improved all departments this season