DOPS Changes

kettdevil1

This document is well worth reading and explains a few things that have happened.
It is indeed and gives some very useful background about those making the decisions. I like the transparency and hope this will help going forward. I still want to know what happens to DOPS over the Christmas period though, for the last three years we have had barely a ban around that time, in contrast with January and the start of the season...

BostonBart22

It is indeed and gives some very useful background about those making the decisions. I like the transparency and hope this will help going forward. I still want to know what happens to DOPS over the Christmas period though, for the last three years we have had barely a ban around that time, in contrast with January and the start of the season...
winter break...?

Ben O'Connor got two game ban for cross checking, looked nasty and some have got more for less. Dread to think what Marjamaki will get, but whatever it is, it will be warranted. It was a really bad hit, just no need for it. We have a hard run in with 8 games in 15 days I believe. With Linglet seemingly injured, do you think there is any chance of short term cover coming in, or do you think we will go with what we've got?

Imp

Thread starter #8
I've seen speculation from 3-5 games for a potential Marjamäki suspension. 3 seems like a reasonable minimum expectation: 2 for, +1 for previous.

Next five Devils games:
  1. 15/02 Vs Blaze
  2. 16/02 @ Flames
  3. 19/02 Vs Flyers
  4. 22/02 Vs Flames
  5. 23/02 @ Blaze

jenks33

Marjamaki deserves at least 3 games and I’m sure there will be a tweet from dops in the coming days. It’s been highly amusing watching Giants and Steelers fans up in arms on twitter though. Steelers fans logic is Marjamaki won’t receive a ban due to Kelman/King even though their chairman is also the league chairman. You have to laugh

Sliput

3 games was what i thought too. Stupid actions.

The Belfast fans just seem to have lost the plot with anything Devils related recently.

kettdevil1

Playing Devils Advocate here but was it really that bad? Agree it was mistimed but the way it was described I thought it was similar to Bertuzzi on Moore.... definitely worthy of a ban but if O’Connor sits for 2 for sticking someone in the face then 3 would seem the absolute maximum.

voth26

I've seen speculation from 3-5 games for a potential Marjamäki suspension. 3 seems like a reasonable minimum expectation: 2 for, +1 for previous.

Next five Devils games:
  1. 15/02 Vs Blaze
  2. 16/02 @ Flames
  3. 19/02 Vs Flyers
  4. 22/02 Vs Flames
  5. 23/02 @ Blaze
Marjamaki doesnt have previous though, his ban was for slew footing!!. I know his hit was stupid but I think 2 games, especially as o'connor only got 2 for conciously and deliberately Cross checking Ferguson in his face off the Puck, Marjamaki's hit was in the play.

Temme

Marjamaki doesnt have previous though, his ban was for slew footing!!. I know his hit was stupid but I think 2 games, especially as o'connor only got 2 for conciously and deliberately Cross checking Ferguson in his face off the Puck, Marjamaki's hit was in the play.
Davies (Sheffield) was classed as a repeat offender after throwing a peg into the crowd and then something completely unrelated.

I'm not sure if Masi is considered one or not...

I'd guess somewhere between 2-4 games for that hit, depending on the severity of the injury for Goodwin.

august04

Playing Devils Advocate here but was it really that bad? Agree it was mistimed but the way it was described I thought it was similar to Bertuzzi on Moore.... definitely worthy of a ban but if O’Connor sits for 2 for sticking someone in the face then 3 would seem the absolute maximum.
I thought it was a bad hit and totally unnecessary. He seemed to raise his elbow at the guys head, just before impact. Not sure what he was thinking but if he gets away with that, then questions quite rightly need to be asked. No ban announced yet.

CaldicotDevil

The video of the Marjamaki hit has been doing rounds on twitter by non arena teams complaining about the dops only picking on smaller sides.

What is strange is two bans from Sunday have already handed out but Masi hit has yet to been reviewed. Either it's going to be a bigger ban or we've somehow dodged a bullet.

Personally I think it's a 3 game ban. I love physical NA style hockey but can see why Lordo doesn't play a big checking game. One mistimed hit and a ban could be the difference between winning or losing the league. It's even more frustrating because Masi has been on fire recently.