Devils Vs Panthers - 22 Jan 20 - CC Semi Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazzoak

So answer the question Mazzoak, what has our owners lied about, or not followed through, there’s a growing frustration amongst fans waiting for your reply.
There is no question to answer. I’ve not called the owners, Todd or Lord liars, my remarks have followed the tone of the inferno. I’ve simply pointed out this conflicts with statements previously made by Steve in reaction to fans negative comments.

Compliments & criticism, it’s found on fan forums across the globe.

Mazzoak

7 hrs now Mazzoak, long time for someone who wants to keep talking.?????
My comment was aimed at the lack of action. Not at continuing a conversation aimed at deflecting criticism and making everything about me. This isn’t politics, although the spanking I’m about to take, feels like it.

Last edited:

Mazzoak

Okay insinuating that they have been untruthful, so your remarks are now the Infernos fault,
Not at all.

Every comment by fans regarding Lords coaching, player retention of under performing players, boring games, Bowns etc etc is an indirect criticism of the players, coach and club owners.

Last edited:

SteveKing

Pretty much the exact response I expected from you Mazzoak. I’m aware and comfortable with the way forums and social media works. Complaints and unfounded, sensational claims are much more fun than.. Being a keyboard warrior is so much easier than in real life. Doesn’t preclude me from enjoying the sport of calling said keyboard warrior out.

So to actually respond to some comments, Bowns thrives on playing more games. He is not feeling tired but obviously going through a time where we need him playing better but there are others where that’s true as well. Murdy has been injured most of the year so it would be very risky putting him in cold when the games mean so much.

Everyone within the club is doing everything we can to win the title again. We’re in a very good spot. Fractions of a percentage point from the best winning percentage and the best player in the league now back in the lineup. We brought in a 500 game NHL’er to shore up the defence and our record has been excellent since.

For the fifth year in a row I will remind people that sport is unpredictable. It is a game played on ice with a frozen rubber object. It doesn’t always go the way you expect. That’s why it’s so fun...if you actually let it be fun!!! So enjoy the run in. It’s going to be fantastic. And please trust me when I say that nobody wants it more than our guys. It doesn’t mean they’ll be excellent every single game - that’s impossible - but they want this title very badly and yes - it’s very much to do with the culture of the club. It has worked better than any other club for six straight years and it will continue to work.

go Devils

Mazzoak

Pretty much the exact response I expected from you Mazzoak. I’m aware and comfortable with the way forums and social media works. Complaints and unfounded, sensational claims are much more fun than.. Being a keyboard warrior is so much easier than in real life. Doesn’t preclude me from enjoying the sport of calling said keyboard warrior out.

So to actually respond to some comments, Bowns thrives on playing more games. He is not feeling tired but obviously going through a time where we need him playing better but there are others where that’s true as well. Murdy has been injured most of the year so it would be very risky putting him in cold when the games mean so much.

Everyone within the club is doing everything we can to win the title again. We’re in a very good spot. Fractions of a percentage point from the best winning percentage and the best player in the league now back in the lineup. We brought in a 500 game NHL’er to shore up the defence and our record has been excellent since.

For the fifth year in a row I will remind people that sport is unpredictable. It is a game played on ice with a frozen rubber object. It doesn’t always go the way you expect. That’s why it’s so fun...if you actually let it be fun!!! So enjoy the run in. It’s going to be fantastic. And please trust me when I say that nobody wants it more than our guys. It doesn’t mean they’ll be excellent every single game - that’s impossible - but they want this title very badly and yes - it’s very much to do with the culture of the club. It has worked better than any other club for six straight years and it will continue to work.

go Devils

Great response. Thank you, it’s good to have clarification of the current situation.

Samael

#Rapid Backtrack
#Owned By The Owner.

Might be worth you stepping back from the Forum for a while to calm down.
Perhaps you should listen to your own advice. l notice whenever there are any controversial threads you are always in thick of it with a big wooden spoon stiring like an old woman. Between you and the 90% cringey embarrassing crap wannabe spams the forum with is it really any wonder the inferno is mocked on twitter and by other fanbases?

back on topic. If the management and ownership group are serious about winning every trophy l'm curious as to what action if any they intend to take to get us out of this slump. Something needs to be done and l dont think opening a cheque book is the answer, but if nothing is done l see the trophy case being quite barren in April.

SteveKing

I believe we have the best coach in the league. They are trying to improve and find the right mix every day. I personally think they’ll do it. Perspective is also needed here. I know we’ve lost two straight games and that sucks. But we’re 12-4-1 since the Belfast double plus we swept Belfast out of the CC. I’ll take that for a “slump” all day long.

Samael

l hope you are right. As a fanbase we have been spoiled with a lot of success in a short time. Expectation has never been higher. Personally, my expectations are low this year. Like l said though l hope you are right.

Diablo3

We know the players have it in them, that third period on Wednesday was awesome especially given the injuries we have at the moment. As others have said, we are in with a shout of silverware, if we get it, great I'll be smiling all the way to next season, if not, I know our guys will have done as much as they can to make it happen. Either way they always have my support.

Wannabe2

Perhaps you should listen to your own advice. l notice whenever there are any controversial threads you are always in thick of it with a big wooden spoon stiring like an old woman. Between you and the 90% cringey embarrassing crap wannabe spams the forum with is it really any wonder the inferno is mocked on twitter and by other fanbases?

back on topic. If the management and ownership group are serious about winning every trophy l'm curious as to what action if any they intend to take to get us out of this slump. Something needs to be done and l dont think opening a cheque book is the answer, but if nothing is done l see the trophy case being quite barren in April.
Cant be loved by everyone I suppose.

Mazzoak

I believe we have the best coach in the league. They are trying to improve and find the right mix every day. I personally think they’ll do it. Perspective is also needed here. I know we’ve lost two straight games and that sucks. But we’re 12-4-1 since the Belfast double plus we swept Belfast out of the CC. I’ll take that for a “slump” all day long.
l wouldn’t want or expect an owner to call out any member of his staff, even less on a fan forum.

If this season was to see us loose, say 11 points, not win anything, l don’t think I’d be alone in calling for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.