Devils Vs Panthers - 22 Jan 20 - CC Semi Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gospel

Looking at the highlights in the cold light of day, 4 out of the 5 Panties goals came from our own mistakes in areas we shouldn't be making mistakes. We are over committing guys to situations and you normally only do that when you don't trust your team mates to get the job done. That's leaving players alone with prime scoring chances.

Is it down to the players not being able to play the system? Not wanting to play the system? Or Lord not getting his wants & needs across properly? At the end of the day its the players on the ice that are meant to do the job and if they cant then the coach needs to make the necessary changes.

Bownsy is on a poor run of form and Murdy needs to step up, but therein lies another issue. Does Lord trust him to do a job? He doesn't like playing Rutkiss unless he really really has to.

Id like to see Murdy get a run of games and id also like to see Reddick back on D full time.

moggy#9

Looking at the highlights in the cold light of day, 4 out of the 5 Panties goals came from our own mistakes in areas we shouldn't be making mistakes. We are over committing guys to situations and you normally only do that when you don't trust your team mates to get the job done. That's leaving players alone with prime scoring chances.

Is it down to the players not being able to play the system? Not wanting to play the system? Or Lord not getting his wants & needs across properly? At the end of the day its the players on the ice that are meant to do the job and if they cant then the coach needs to make the necessary changes.

Bownsy is on a poor run of form and Murdy needs to step up, but therein lies another issue. Does Lord trust him to do a job? He doesn't like playing Rutkiss unless he really really has to.

Id like to see Murdy get a run of games and id also like to see Reddick back on D full time.
It has to be frustrating for murdy, no player wants to be riding the pines all of the time and it obviously destroys his chances of moving to another team as first choice or making in impact with GB. Meanwhile bownsy's chances of moving to a bigger league will be getting affected by the problems he's having and people will start questioning the national team's lack of netminding depth. Bownsy can get back to his best form, but he needs help. Bringing in an import netty would give him a break and give him someone to help spot technical mistakes - that's got to be good all around.

I see the Inferno is getting another pasting on twitter. It does make me laugh, clearly there are one or two posters on here that like to provoke but I think most people on here are sensible enough.
The topic that’s caused outrage today is Bownsy. I see one poster on twitter (Neil Westlake) has hammered the inferno even though he hasn’t been on the site lately. He admits that he only knew bownsy had received criticism on here because he saw a tweet from a Belfast fan. What amuses me is if you look at 99% of the posts on here regarding Ben over the past 48 hours they say he’s playing poorly (which he is) but it’s due to his workload not his ability. I’ve seen maybe one post saying they wouldn’t want Ben back here next season. Where as I’ve seen about 20 posts saying they would like Ben back next season but with an import back up to share the workload. How people get offended by that is beyond me. It’s a fair point when you consider the games Ben has to play for GB as well.

What it really comes down to is people wanting likes on twitter. The two people that I’ve seen criticise the inferno in the past 24 hours have received 22 likes and 69 likes so far. So I suppose they got what they wanted.
I have just looked at aforementioned ‘Neil Westlake’ on Twitter. His posts are comical, like he thinks people care for his essays. If you’re a Devils fan and want to slate the opinions on the inferno surely on here is the place to do it rather than being a self righteous little bitch on Twitter?

<deleted>

Last edited by a moderator:

BostonBart22

would defo give Murdy a game saturday against a team that on a par with our performances at the mo..tbh we are playing for runners up as the league is destined for sheffield .

A lot of talk about Bowns on here, and while I agree that he could probably do with a rest there are a fair few players on the ice in front of him that aren’t performing but yet aren’t being scrutinised as much because their errors or lack of impact don’t always result in a goal against us.

As a netminder every mistake you make is obvious and amplified, but there are others in this team who should be looking at exactly what they’re bringing to the party at the moment.

jenks33

A lot of talk about Bowns on here, and while I agree that he could probably do with a rest there are a fair few players on the ice in front of him that aren’t performing but yet aren’t being scrutinised as much because their errors or lack of impact don’t always result in a goal against us.

As a netminder every mistake you make is obvious and amplified, but there are others in this team who should be looking at exactly what they’re bringing to the party at the moment.
You’re right there are a few others that have had bang average seasons but unfortunately for goalies there’s no hiding place. If you’re a forward that’s struggling you can be thrown onto the 4th line but as a goalie in this league (particularly for teams like Us, Sheffield, Manchester etc that don’t have brilliant back ups) if you’re having a tough time the whole operation crumbles. How a goalie is performing can rub off on the whole team. If your goalie is struggling it’s panic stations.

jenks33

I have just looked at aforementioned ‘Neil Westlake’ on Twitter. His posts are comical, like he thinks people care for his essays. If you’re a Devils fan and want to slate the opinions on the inferno surely on here is the place to do it rather than being a self righteous little bitch on Twitter?

<deleted>
I’m sure he’s a decent guy I just thought it was lazy criticism. 6 pages of criticism when he hasn’t read the posts. It just comes across as a fan that won’t have a bad word said against a devils player even if the points are valid.

Chris

Administrator

<deleted>
The thing is, I genuinely don't know why people are surprised at this happening anymore.

It's been going on for a number of years from a small selection of Devils fans who consider themselves to be better than anyone who posts something contradictary to their own opinion. Admittedly there have been some really stupid posts on here over the years, but after the Bob Phillips EIHL Forum debacle we've pretty much let most things go on here, good, bad or whatever else.

It's far easier to slate the forum on Twitter and know that you're going to get the likes and retweets for it, than it is to come on here and use the accounts they've all registered with to provide any sort of meaningful contribution. The funny thing is, half of them claim they never look at the forum, but their profiles on here would tell a completely different story; they might as well be the Giants fans that sit there waiting for something inflamatory to be posted and then screenshot it so they can use it on Twitter.

Last edited:

pjj365

Murdy needs to step up - what?!?! This implies he has a choice - he does not - it's up to Lordo to give him the chance

Also, how do you know what's in Lordo's plans re Rutkis

Trust Lordo - we are not in a bad place at this point in the season. Not what we have become used to recently but not bad.

Given the owners plans for silverware when they took over we have over performed so let's not get too pessimistic for the team - and the coach's decisions

moggy#9

I forget who said it, but the thing about being a goalie is that every time you make a mistake a light flashes over your head and a siren sounds to point it out.

Slartibartfast

What a schizophrenic game. It was as good as it was bad. We remembered how to score goals but forgot how to defend.

So pleased to see Marjamaki get some points. He worked so hard. Welcome back also to Joey Martin with a 4 point game. Nice to see Linglet shooting some also and getting a couple of points.

But why or why don't our D batter opposition forwards stood in front of our goal taking rebound after rebound. And why when D move forward doesn't a forward drop into their position.

It seems when we get the lines firing offensively all defensive responsibilities are forgotten.
An exciting if frustrating game. Lets hope we can build on the good stuff for the second leg.

Mazzoak

<deleted>
He fails into that group of males that are unwittingly having a relationship with sport, if the Devils disappeared he’d have serious psychological problems.

Mazzoak

Murdy needs to step up - what?!?! This implies he has a choice - he does not - it's up to Lordo to give him the chance

Also, how do you know what's in Lordo's plans re Rutkis

Trust Lordo - we are not in a bad place at this point in the season. Not what we have become used to recently but not bad.

Given the owners plans for silverware when they took over we have over performed so let's not get too pessimistic for the team - and the coach's decisions

There is growing frustration amongst fans regarding the cost to watch a team that is under performing without signs of change. Fans are not stupid, we’re all aware you cannot win every game, every trophy, every year. Nobody is bothered by the odd loss of a game, we all know there is not guaranteed wins. What bothers fans is the lack of passion from players, their current lack of performance way below their potential, owner statements such as nobody’s safe in an under performing team, that the club wants entertaining games and to challenge for silverware and is willing to do whatever it takes to be the best, yet so far this season.........

Wannabe2

And how do you know this mysterious group of fans that are frustrated with our prices, are they your friends or a figment of your imagination. People have rightly been bothered by some poor performance, but where do these people vent their anger about prices, except for one cup game.

Interesting comments about lack of passion shown by players.
I just watched the goals highlights of the Panthers game. Following each goal scored, in my opinion there is plenty of evidence of passion shown by the scorers and team players on the ice.

Mazzoak

And how do you know this mysterious group of fans that are frustrated with our prices, are they your friends or a figment of your imagination. People have rightly been bothered by some poor performance, but where do these people vent their anger about prices, except for one cup game.
They slowly stop going to games that are likely not going to be “entertaining“. The club then does promotions, such as they did with the Girl Guides when the owners came to town to fill empty seats.

Mazzoak

Interesting comments about lack of passion shown by players.
I just watched the goals highlights of the Panthers game. Following each goal scored, in my opinion there is plenty of evidence of passion shown by the scorers and team players on the ice.
Watch the rest of the game...........

Wannabe2

Passion and celebrations are two different things, passion in how you perform and react is a bit on the thin side at the moment, passion about sticking up for your mates, passion about pushing yourself to the limit, passion about playing for the shirt, and passion for showing the fans who pay the wages you care.

Status
Not open for further replies.