Devils Vs Panthers - 22 Jan 20 - CC Semi Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pope#42

3-0 period so far and there’s still 8 minutes left... Nottingham are looking strong defensive wise and also look as though they have a lot more goals in them.

jenks33

What a mess. Bownsy’s confidence on its arse, lack of cutting edge up front and there’s a mistake in most of our Dmen. It’s just a complete mess at the moment for a team hoping to challenge

Diafol

From the sublime to the ridiculous.
After a very encouraging first 20 minutes,
that second was potentially the worst period of hockey I've seen all season.
For about 10 minutes the Panthers had that much possession I thought they were on the PP - even though we were at full strength.

jenks33

A few boos at the whistle in block 20, not much but don’t normally hear that. And a few ironic cheers when bowns caught a shot in his glove earlier
It’s uncomfortable watching Ben at the moment. Literally any shot on our net I expect to go in. He’s far from the only issue but if a team doesn’t have trust in their goalie it’s clearly a huge problem.

Rhyan48

Absolute garbage, I don’t know what is going on with this team this year but it’s not good ! Sorry but bowns is letting the team down at the back big time what a terrible season he is having every puck that goes on him you just know it’s got 95% chance of hitting back of net , let him go I don’t see what we baby around our players , not up to it off you go and get someone who is up to it in ! Getting bored of this now !

Hedd Wyn John

Absolute garbage, I don’t know what is going on with this team this year but it’s not good ! Sorry but bowns is letting the team down at the back big time what a terrible season he is having every puck that goes on him you just know it’s got 95% chance of hitting back of net , let him go I don’t see what we baby around our players , not up to it off you go and get someone who is up to it in ! Getting bored of this now !
If you look at Bowns moment there's something not quite right, he seems slower. I think he might be carrying an injury.

jenks33

Frustrating finish as we had a couple of great chances to make it 6-4. Having said that I certainly would have taken 5-5 at the beginning of the third. We showed glimpses of quality tonight but bottom line is we have problems all over the ice at the moment. And the most concerning issue is in goal

Mazzoak

Not really much to add that hasn’t already been mentioned and repeated. Going level into Nottingham, not ideal, but still doable, possibly, maybe.

CaldicotDevil

Frustrating finish as we had a couple of great chances to make it 6-4. Having said that I certainly would have taken 5-5 at the beginning of the third. We showed glimpses of quality tonight but bottom line is we have problems all over the ice at the moment. And the most concerning issue is in goal
Frustrating because Herr spent all P3 diving around and drawing penalties. Does three blatant crosschecks right in front of Thompson... no call and they break, score and level the game.

Less said about P2 the better! Never posted a negative comment & named a player before, but right in front of me tonight the puck was passed to Benti & he seemed almost afraid to receive it. This guy is so low on confidence, it applies to a few others too. Thought Jardine was excellent though. Don't know what to think about second leg!

Wannabe2

First 12 mins we were the only team in it,we were all over them like a rash and playing really well, unfortunate to only be 1 up, slowly we were letting them back in. 2nd period we were total garbage and totally clueless, Panthers seized their given opportunity and we collapsed like a pack of cards, a sodden pack of cards, we were just lousy. 3rd period and it’s back on the roller coaster, we start to play again, having had a 35 min break, we start playing well again and even take the lead, now it’s just a time to wonder when we are going to press the suicide button again, and sure enough along it comes . We concede 5 goals at home, and again we can’t play anywhere near 60 mins, as that’s too much like hard work and it’s not our style. Unfortunately all the poor work tonight will be overlooked by avoiding a loss, we still can’t pass, our d men all want to go coast to coast, and we are about as physical as a jelly rabbit. It’s hard work watching this team at the moment, something we haven’t experienced or been used to for a fair time.

RedDevil17

If you look at Bowns moment there's something not quite right, he seems slower. I think he might be carrying an injury.
If that’s the case why haven’t be brought in a goalie as a temporary inj cover or even play Murdy? Our starting Nettie shouldn’t be playing a 60+ game season especially if he’s injured. That’s down to the ‘coach’. Baffling decision if true.

1st period was good, looked comfortable and dominant and we were unlucky to be 1 up as it shouldve been more. The less said about the 2nd period the better. 3rd was a good period coming back from 3-1 down. Not convinced by this team still. Some aren’t good enough or past it...my god we look lost without Morrisonn mind

kingmo19.1

Unfortunately, I couldn't make the game tonight, but reading the comments it doesn't sounds like it was a great spectacle. Another 5 goals shipped, that's 15 in the last 3 games - somewhat like the old Heineken era!

It's very strange how a team can be so incosistent. Not only from game to game, but period to period !

Diablo3

As the others have said P1 we were ok and looked to be on top, P2 I don't know who was on the ice but it wasn't the Devils. P3 we were awesome. Joey Martin was flying, no surprise he got MOM

Status
Not open for further replies.