Stars v Devils - 19 Jan 20 - League

BostonBart22

To which part? I personally would rather watch the devils in the CHL every year than the challenge cup group stage crap.
Both parts , at least for next season anyway. cant be cheap airfares and hotels in the chl which could free up money for a # 2 import nettie to compete with bowns...in all honesty we are never gonna win it are we...

mjh

I love the CHL and would be awesome if we got out of the group stage. However, the excitement of CHL is shortlived. If there's a choice between CHL or domestic success, I'd go for domestic right now. Don't get me wrong, I'd love both and to have the profile of the EIHL raised, but would prioritise success in the league over that.

jimmy snels

if i was pope (who imho is playing great hockey), id be pretty cheesed off i wasnt on those top 2 lines, we are carrying a number of players. By the same token id be livid if i was batch myers and Duggan getting 4th line shifts whilst watching the same guys cruising.

id swap benti for pope, linglet for batch at a minimum.

Diablo3

We were missing Duggan tonight. Anyone know why? I think Rutkiss only had one shift too. I agree with Jimmy, Pope and Batch are both playing well for us at the moment and probably should move up the lines.

moggy#9

How do you know if you never come.
Because on the balance of probabilities a top rated team from a euro league is likely to provide better position than a 6th or 7th rated eihl team. Unfortunately I don't have the freedom to watch every game home and away as I once did every year. I pick and choose, often months ahead, as I'm sure many do.

Kevin roog

Pretty damming interview by lord on stars YouTube channel,said performance was sickening , no positives to be taken tonight and if benti scores 2 goals this season it triggers a 10 year contract extension coz he’s my mate (might not have said that last bit)

jenks33

Pretty damming interview by lord on stars YouTube channel,said performance was sickening , no positives to be taken tonight and if benti scores 2 goals this season it triggers a 10 year contract extension coz he’s my mate (might not have said that last bit)
Quite a refreshing interview. I feel Lordo can hold back in interviews after a rubbish performance but he’s clearly fuming.

Kevin roog

how much is he feared though. These pissed off interviews are coming once or twice a month now. Take it back 2 or 3 years and it was once every 2 or 3 months

august04

how much is he feared though. These pissed off interviews are coming once or twice a month now. Take it back 2 or 3 years and it was once every 2 or 3 months
That’s the issue. Release the odd player when absolutely necessary, and it keeps players honest because they know they could be next if they don’t perform. But we don’t sack players. These guys know they’re untouchable until the end of the season, regardless of how they play.

Kevin roog

I just hope we can regroup and at least give Sheffield a run for their money. Even if we don’t win. Nothing worse than March being full of dead rubbers

Hedd Wyn John

The league gone??? You have 4 games in hand on Steelers, win 3 and you top
Steelers are scoring for fun against teams, they
The league gone??? You have 4 games in hand on Steelers, win 3 and you top
Steelers are scoring for fun these days, after a tough battle with the Devils the Steelers (with a depleted line up) go on and brush the Giants aside meanwhile the Devils go & stumble against a very average Stars team. On paper the Devils are still in it but the momentum is all with the steelers and the Devils consistency just isn't there.

E.D.S.

From Lord.... “it’s plain and simple. It’s not good enough. It’s sickening”.... so what are we going to do about it? What are we going to change?
Why do I get the feeling that we’re just going to go with the same thing again and expect a different outcome?

august04

What I find particularly galling is that this team clearly upped their game and effort levels when their paymasters were in town last weekend, yet as soon as they head back to Calgary, the team reverts to a zero point weekend, more inconsistency like we‘ve seen repeatedly this year and a performance tonight described as “sickening“ by their own coach. WTF is going on?!