Stars v Devils - 19 Jan 20 - League

Diablo3

As well as we played yesterday, we were appalling today. Bad weekend at the office. The Steelers are well and truly in prime position now.

Wannabe2

Unfortunately, and it really is unfortunately we are certainly short of a championship winning team, there is only one consistent team in this league, and only one team that plays for 60 mins, and also only one team that will deservedly take the league and we all know who that is.

Slartibartfast

ok lets look at the positives and negatives for this game.

Positives

1. None

Negatives

1. Penalty kill poor
2. Powerplay poor (only goal came from a lucky bounce)
3. Defense - Stars cut through it like a hot knife through butter
4. Passing - poor. Too many passes to the feet or behind instead of the stick
5. Clearing the zone - poor
6. Morrison got injured
7. Refeering - poor (though had no effect on the result)
8. I paid £15 to watch that shite

This team can be so frustrating. There seems to be two teams, one great, one awful, and you are never quite sure which one is going to turn up

august04

That’s a terrible result, can’t comment on the performance as I didn’t see the game - but that’s just not good enough if we still have title aspirations. Probably bus legs to blame, oh hang on, it was Dundee that returned north on the bus last night while we flew up comfortably again.

play like this against panthers and we will be out before the 2nd leg.we desperately need to bring in a new forward who can put the puck in the net as we are seriously lacking on offence and the d isn't much better.what our excuse for losing to barely 3 line and 4 d man Dundee?with the away games we've got I can see us dropping down the league because this years team is not good enough and far to inconsistent.roll on the summer where we can get rid of the players who aren't performing.

BostonBart22

Amazing how we can look knackered after a home game last night and a flight to Scotland today!
Sheffield certainly don't look knackered and their travel itinerary has been far worse than ours.
Fitness ?
Amazing how we can look knackered after a home game last night and a flight to Scotland today!
Sheffield certainly don't look knackered and their travel itinerary has been far worse than ours.
Fitness ?
On jan 6th i started a new post FITNESS , not one reply, seems like its a swear word with players and management..did hear though no one on board looking after that side of things anymore...

Rhyan48

Absolutely terrible yet again ! The team is not how it has been for a good few years ! Yeah they have they funny period now and again when they play really good hockey but 80% of every game they are terrible ! All soft passes there is no fire in the team , it’s not a championship winning bunch , changes need to be made big time , it’s getting boring now , every team loses that’s sport , but when the same things happen over and over again , surely the owners and lordo need to see this and make changes personally think it’s too late in the season to even bother now , how they have not addressed these issues early in the season when everyone could see it is beyond me , yeah we still in a good spot in the table and yes got games in hand but honestly don’t think we have the players to pull it around , no consistency in the team what so ever , and personally I do not rate bowns think he has given way to many soft goals away this year and he wasn’t at his best last season either , Yeah he pulls of saves now and again but gives away way to many than he should , I’m a season ticket holder and I don’t live to close to the rink , same as ever fan we are all spending a lot of money and it’s just boring to watch you don’t win everything and every game in any sport but it’s getting beyond now from my point of few

Too inconsistent and not good enough!! Bentivoglio better stick his famou s finger up his arse and f off.
1 goal in 30 games and he's on the first line???
Hahaha il tell the jokes.
Too inconsistent and not good enough!! Bentivoglio better stick his famou s finger up his arse and f off.
1 goal in 30 games and he's on the first line???
Hahaha il tell the jokes.
No need for a comment like that!!

jenks33

As much as I’ve been critical of bownsy in recent weeks it also has to be said that we don’t create anywhere near enough on the road for a team going for the title. In 5 of our last 7 away games we’ve scored 2 goals or less. That just simply isn’t good enough.
I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago but if you look at some stats it’s unbelievable that we’ve still got a chance of winning the league.
- Bowns save percentage.903
- Bentivoglio with 1 goal
- Linglet with 3 goals
- Martin an injury ravaged season with just 5 goals.
If somebody told you these stats in August you’d assume we were 6th or 7th.

Wannabe2

ok lets look at the positives and negatives for this game.

Positives

1. None

Negatives

1. Penalty kill poor
2. Powerplay poor (only goal came from a lucky bounce)
3. Defense - Stars cut through it like a hot knife through butter
4. Passing - poor. Too many passes to the feet or behind instead of the stick
5. Clearing the zone - poor
6. Morrison got injured
7. Refeering - poor (though had no effect on the result)
8. I paid £15 to watch that shite

This team can be so frustrating. There seems to be two teams, one great, one awful, and you are never quite sure which one is going to turn up
The great team got cheesed off with the other bummers and buggered off.why the hell am I thinking of queuing up for tickets thru the night when no one else cares, and we may not even get there. Plus I also paid £15 of my hard earnings for that garbage.