Devils Vs Steelers - 18 Jan 20 - League

mjh

Sheffield just looked confident they could outscore us and didn't get flustered when they were behind. I didn't think we played that well at all. Sheffield certainly weren't shying away from the physical side as i would argue they were on top in that aspect. It was a game of fine margins and on another night we may have pulled through. Never mind... On to the next one!

Fantastic atmosphere, loved it. Haddad is outstanding, I agree don't know what we'd do without him & a big ask for him to carry the load till end of season.. But it could have gone either way, both defences made mistakes and they had that extra fire power to see it home in the end. Hope our other Joey is back soon and Belfast continue tonight's form into tomorrow. Not taking Dundee for granted though, we need two points tomorrow.

Wannabe2

Crap result, but a very good game and very entertaining, back and forth couldn’t fault it, who the hell said we got bullied, what and when. We played an excellent team tonight, a team that never knows when it’s beaten. That game tonight could have gone either way, Bownsy pulled off some amazing saves, one was world class. Anyway we got a 100% record now,we now have lost to every team in the league, it’s still in our hands, if we blow it then we don’t deserve it. We lost tonight but I thought we played some great hockey, and if we played with that intensity every game then to me that would be just dandy. Disappointing result, but very good entertaining and worth every penny.

jimmy snels

funny how people see things differently. i thought in period 1 we were fantastic. if not for an absolutely ridiculous no brain penalty we would have dominated the entirety.
2nd period we completely lost our way, Sheffield got scrappy and our defence AND forwards began giving the puck away under little pressure which seemed to get worse the more we did it. Yes bowns would want one of those back but he also made an unreal save in amongst that.
in the 3rd we still couldnt clear our lines sufficiently. our best forwards dug in and riley pope dixon got us going again.
thought we were hard done by one two occasions with non calls but remember jardine when he did get called proceeded to spear a steelers groin which didnt get called for them! far to easy to blame officials for our inadequacies.
i certainly didnt think we were bullied. hit count we must have been waaaaaay ahead. i think poor passing and weak defensive play were far bigger factors

august04

We threw 2 points away tonight, should have won that game and more than played well enough to win - but our goaltending wasn’t up to scratch (not for the first time this year). There’s no point making worldie saves if you give up 3 suspect goals like that and it’s tough to win games against a good team when your goalie is not at his best. I want Bowns and an import nettie next year, he needs competition and plays way too many minutes. Apart from that, I thought we played pretty well tonight.

Wannabe2

Just remember if we had a nettie that didn’t make mistakes every now and then, he certainly wouldn’t be in this league, if your perfect you ain’t going to be here.

august04

Just remember if we had a nettie that didn’t make mistakes every now and then, he certainly wouldn’t be in this league, if your perfect you ain’t going to be here.
Too many mistakes this year and no alternative that Lord trusts. The league is good enough now to warrant having 2 top goalies. I’m not bothered if we lose an import slot to do that next year, there’s enough depth to cope with that.

hip check

We threw 2 points away tonight, should have won that game and more than played well enough to win - but our goaltending wasn’t up to scratch (not for the first time this year). There’s no point making worldie saves if you give up 3 suspect goals like that and it’s tough to win games against a good team when your goalie is not at his best. I want Bowns and an import nettie next year, he needs competition and plays way too many minutes. Apart from that, I thought we played pretty well tonight.
Have to agree he has been suspect this season, an import net minder wouldn't go amiss.
Great game to watch saying that, definitely 2 well matched teams, a few stray passes from us put the team under undue pressure, this season's gonna go right to the wire like last season, enjoy the rollercoaster ride.

One of those games where we have major advantage over the first period we need to put some of the chances in..
2nd period, Sheffield made some tweaks and we struggled....third....after those two quick goals we needed to play the percentages. But still went for showboating hockey

Watching the game there continue to be small things that cause is.problems..
1...guys stop waiting by the boards for the puck meet the thing....in the 2and Sheffield seemed to have that extra step
2. Forwards (well a few.of them) get back do t amble and help your.D out....this happened numerous times
3. Wont name players but there are .a couple who try to over.play even when a simple more effective pass.is on ....one player did and does this alot and or probably 2/3 of the time is getting stripe.
4 cut out the stupid penalties.....Bentis didn't need to happen he just needs to recognise the potential dangers
5 our period over the past 4/5 weeks we were shooting Lot on.goal...when didn't do this tonight and most of the time dony have anyone screening g looking for reflections
5......my digest bug bear, shot who is picking a player up,,,,a few of these came from.guys missing their assignments....which the longer Sheffield kept control that puck had up.completrly out of shape

Referring wise was quiet impressed let thing go..but the inconsistencies are ridiculous, although Jaddine is a lucky boy and possible gut a fee pass as I would of kicked he out the game for his spearing in the guys private parts....
Other gripe with the refs is if a player is down for 2 minutes stop the game.

jenks33

Sorry Wannabe I’ve always liked Bownsy but he hasn’t been at the races this season. To be honest I don’t think he was great last season either, he just had a brilliant play off final and an outstanding summer with GB. I’d still happily have Bowns back here next season but for me I just think he wants and possibly needs a change. I think he’s lost his appetite a bit and I wouldn’t begrudge him a move abroad. It was clearly a huge frustration for him last summer that nobody came in for him

voth26

The refs missed 3 blatant penalties against Steelers in that 3rd period, how they didn’t get called I don’t know.
Sadly some soft goals let in again by Bownsy.

I thought we were the better team for the majority of the game.
We should have been on a pp when their 4th goal was scored!. How can you let a player go through numbers no call then call us for interference is beyond me

So dramatic. Can’t you all just admit that was a really good game to watch. Sucks losing to steelers but they are very good attacking and yes maybe the last goal was a little soft ..shall we gas Bowns ?? (Sarcasm obviously) Last comment I will make, I remember going on an away trip and everyone calling for pope to be gassed on the bus, really embarrassing when he was clearly struggling but it’s really nice to see everyone chanting his name again and that he’s proven people wrong. Sucks to lose but was fun and intense to watch tonight could of gone either way.

Wannabe2

There’s only been one goalie over the last few seasons that won games for their team and that was Beskowany, or whatever his name was, he was worth a three goal start. Myself I would have Bownsy in my team eight days a week.

voth26

Same story different week, no surprises. Maybe the owners should’ve stretched their trip, we’d maybe have got more effort tonight.
Sorry but I disagree there's a tonne of difference to the last few weeks, you can't say these guys didn't put 110% effort in tonight, Steelers will know they were in a physical game tonight.

Diablo3

I thought that was a great game, first we were almost unplayable, second went to the Steelers, third we were back on it. We may have lost by the odd goal, but I wasn't exactly unhappy going home. If we carry on playing like that, we will be there or there abouts at the end of the season.