Riley called up to Spengler Cup

Kevin roog

I’m sure Todd mentioned in a q and a about 3 years ago,that Canada asked about Joey Martin and Andrew hotham but the devils were reluctant to let them go if my memory serves. And reddick starts on the Martin line here in Guildford

I’m sure Todd mentioned in a q and a about 3 years ago,that Canada asked about Joey Martin and Andrew hotham but the devils were reluctant to let them go if my memory serves. And reddick starts on the Martin line here in Guildford
It was the other way around. Devils were encouraging Team Canada to look at Strachan and i think Hotham, maybe Martin too.

jimmy snels

That’s correct. We actually used our contacts here to reach out to Hockey Canada on a couple of our player’s behalf. It was close but in the end they went elsewhere.
thanks for answering that steve
tried to catch u on twitter as well, genuinely interested in the selection process.

Mooney#16

Opportunity for a career highlight and memory for Riley and Devils didn’t stand in his way. When you talk about treating players with respect I think that’s a perfect example. Even if he only ices a shift when he hangs up the skates that jersey will be framed and on the wall. Kids stuff representing your country.

pjj365

I wasn't suggesting NHL players could be considerd but making the point that the EIHL is now being watched for the contribution it can make to HC Men
It sends a message that the EIHL is now truly part of European hockey adding another incentive to players considering leaving Canada
Given Steve King's post yesterday evening it looks like the incentive to come to the Devils is even greater. When your owners push the interests of their players to be considered it has to be a plus

terry hunt

Riley played on the 2nd line tonight against Davos.
No points but Canada won 5-1.Good photo of him on the Devils twiiter waving to the crowd at the end looks chuffed.

Devils86

Spengler Cup Champion. Shame they only win what looks like an oversized hand-whisk.

Congrats to Blair and all at Team Canada.

Great for the EIHL