Best Devils Fighter...?

Thread starter #1
I’m expecting more fireworks in the Giants game tonight! Louis has looked comfortable against Pelech in their two fights. Got me thinking...he’s done well against some tough guys since joining the team. Where would you rank him in the list of best Devils fighters? What does your top 5 all time look like?

tim78

Brad Voth
Mike Ware
Mike McWilliams
Justin Fryna
Nicky Chinn

Only ones spring to mind though, mention to Shannon Hope and would have liked to seen Wellar drop the gloves.

hip check

Mike MacWilliam
Clayton Norris
Mike Ware
Justin Faryna
Brad Both.
Paul Bissonette and Weller would've probably been on the list if lack of games and not needing to fight didn't factor in,
Ian McIntyre and Stephen Cooper were pretty handy as well.

Mike McWilliam. Dion darling. Clayton Norris Mike ware. Brad voth. Bordeleau weller and bissonette would definitely be in there if they would have fought. We had e few of the best light heavyweights. Maxwell. Jarvis. Clarkson and paul heavy back in the day was as tough as they come

moggy#9

Mike mcwilliam without a doubt.
The thing about mcwilliam is that as well as being an enforcer, he had pretty good skills too. I remember one occasion at the old Nottingham rink where he came out of the penalty box (after giving a panther - possibly hunt, a good pasting), to skate one on one with the goalie, deke him out of his skates and roof the puck on his backhand. It was hilarious going there, just because the panthers fans hated him so much and he always got the upper hand.

Ocko

MacWilliam the best fighter. Ware next then Voth. Mark Louis is also climbing the ladder, his recent showings are getting impressive. Bordealau should’ve been our best fighter on rep and ability but never showed up for various reasons. And Bis never had one either.

Weller has been mentioned a few times but he was nowhere near; firstly he never had a fight so the argument would be based on ifs and buts and secondly he wasn’t considered a tough guy in the NHL and never really beat any heavyweights.

kettdevil1

McWilliam had the intimidation factor and would top my list without doubt but after that it depends how you classify ‘fighting’. I would not rate Voth as a pure fighter, he caused havoc in other ways but many of his fights were wrestles and technically he was weak. The most explosive fighters I have seen have been Peter Ekroth (on very rare occasions), Clayton Norris and after that it is tricky to say. Josh Batch in his early years was a wide open, exciting fighter, ditto Andrew Lord, as was Chris Frank when he was finally lured in.... but my favourite remains Mikey Ware as it was quite obvious with him that there was no holding back, he was all in.

Thread starter #14
Possible dark horse - Regan Darby? Tougher than people realised and I don’t remember him losing many/any. His pasting of Belak turned the tide in the 2006/7 Challenge Cup final.

Kevlar68

Mike macwilliam all day for me. I remember once when we were talking he told me he'd show me a pic on an xray he had of his hands. Those fists had punched through every type of visor and some.

Wannabe2

We have been so fortunate in Cardiff to have had some very very tough players, but no one came tougher than Mike MacWilliam, he feared no one, he worried about no one, and he lost to no one, just being on the ice put the fear of god into the opposition. Without a shadow of a doubt number 1, some other tough guy names have been mentioned, but let me add this guy, he was as tough as old boots, great player also, big fans favourite Mr Dennis Chasse, loved the man.

Ocko

Chasse was tough in his day but hardly showed it for us. He only had like 2 fights and after starting like he was going to be a top signing went months without scoring - he was great for the Bees but I don’t think we ever saw it.

Mike MacWilliam, without any doubt. Ask Corey Beaulieu, he got absolutely battered senseless when Mac introduced himself to the league at the tin outhouse!
He also seemed to have an intense disliking of Matt Hoffman who he never missed an opportunity to beat up!
At a time when the league was stacked with genuine heavyweights Mike Mac was second to none!
Mike Ware was so dangerous because he was a nutcase when he used to get the red mist but MacWilliam another level.
But speaking of nutcases though nobody comes close to Andy Bezeau, he’d fight a horse! An absolute fruit loop!