Devils v Flames

terry hunt

Looking at the EIHL gamesheet we could be in trouble.
Second 10mins for Riley,10mins for Linglet and Jardine seems to have lost it at the end.
Riley total is 27mins,Jardine 20mins,Linglet 12mins i think.
A lot of abuse of officials by the look of it.Devils reviewed Flames 1st goal so i suspect Lordo must have been pretty upset again.

Last edited:

doron

interesting set of results in the league . were we just beaten by a better team on the night or did we play bad time to watch the highlights.

august04

Sounds like frustration with officials again. Where has the likes of Smejkal gone? These are the kind of guys we should be bringing in.

Mazzoak

Haven’t seen the game, but, reading these comments, bloody hell, seems it’s all or nothing with this team.

WTF...........

jenks33

We could well have Jardine, Linglet and Riley missing for that Glasgow match on Wednesday. And after their hammering tonight I’m sure Fitzy will have them fired up for that one. Could be another tough night on the road for us

kettdevil1

Lost 3-1 poor poor poor
Different folks and all that.... I actually thought it was one of the better performances, cracking game of hockey that could have gone either way... I presume you are referring to the final 10 minutes but even that... I would defy any team to bounce back given what happened! Poor is harsh IMHO

kettdevil1

I’m not at the game so I don’t know if we played well or not, but losing in Guildford doesn’t mean we choked. They are a good team and very difficult to beat on their home ice. I’ll wait for reports from those who were there before being too critical.
It was a bonkers game of hockey, one of my favourite (if frustrating) for some time. We actually played well, although let our frustration at the officiating show near the end.
Defensively we were MUCH better with more emphasis on team D and Jardine a rock (yes really!) We also knocked Flames around when we realised that the refs were not going to call anything which was good fun but had the inevitable conclusion when they suddenly found their whistles.
I am always loath today criticise officials but, it was a shambles today, if I was a Flames fan I would have been fuming for 50 minutes. Riley levels Davies miles after the puck has gone, no call. Louis breaks a stick slashing Watters, no call, then a Flame taps a Devil and gets 2 minutes. In the last 10 minutes the roles were reversed and that was when he lost the plot.
To be honest that performance was more positive than negative, far more aggression, far better D and unlucky not to get something out of the game.
Cracking match

Diablo3

It was a bonkers game of hockey, one of my favourite (if frustrating) for some time. We actually played well, although let our frustration at the officiating show near the end.
Defensively we were MUCH better with more emphasis on team D and Jardine a rock (yes really!) We also knocked Flames around when we realised that the refs were not going to call anything which was good fun but had the inevitable conclusion when they suddenly found their whistles.
I am always loath today criticise officials but, it was a shambles today, if I was a Flames fan I would have been fuming for 50 minutes. Riley levels Davies miles after the puck has gone, no call. Louis breaks a stick slashing Watters, no call, then a Flame taps a Devil and gets 2 minutes. In the last 10 minutes the roles were reversed and that was when he lost the plot.
To be honest that performance was more positive than negative, far more aggression, far better D and unlucky not to get something out of the game.
Cracking match
Great to hear the positives. I'm guessing the next time the EIHL board meet , officiating will be on the agenda, given the comments so far from coach interviews, or we as in the EIHL, are going to lose some talented players