Sointu moves on

Ocko

Interesting that he’s left us with no one to go to. Seems a little odd to me.

He was ok but I got the impression he never really adjusted to the gritty style of the EIHL. Seemed to often get hurt.

Temme

Thread starter #26
Sorry guys but I can't see any replacements coming in. I loved the way Matias played but he was only ever on a week to week to originally cover the Goat. We were lucky to keep him as long as we did.
Schiestel was announced on 19th November
Mosey on 8th November
Strachan 19th October
And that's just the last 3 seasons.

Whilst i do feel we won't be bringing anyone in, I can't say i would be surprised if we did - history shows us that the club brings in a new D man around this time every year recently, and we've already come up against our fair share of injuries this year!!!!

ASHIPP

What a class act Mattias is. Our best forward in most games and very sorry to see him go. Wishing him all the best. He certainly aggravated that injury again in the Blaze game....maybe this is still causing problems. He surely will have no problem finding a club in another league. Look at his experience!

Would like to think bringing in another player is a serious consideration now. Impact players have been brought in around this time in previous seasons. And they have made a huge difference to the Team performance. Here's hoping.

CaldicotDevil

Schiestel was announced on 19th November
Mosey on 8th November
Strachan 19th October
And that's just the last 3 seasons.

Whilst i do feel we won't be bringing anyone in, I can't say i would be surprised if we did - history shows us that the club brings in a new D man around this time every year recently, and we've already come up against our fair share of injuries this year!!!!
True but Mosey & Schiestel were reactive to Blood & Parisi leaving. Not sure about Strachan, think he was just too good to turn down.

One guys who's been released by Wilkes-Barre last week is Reid McNeil. 6"4 blue liner has nearly 300 AHL games experience with fair few dust ups on the way.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/45609/reid-mcneill

moggy#9

True but Mosey & Schiestel were reactive to Blood & Parisi leaving. Not sure about Strachan, think he was just too good to turn down.

One guys who's been released by Wilkes-Barre last week is Reid McNeil. 6"4 blue liner has nearly 300 AHL games experience with fair few dust ups on the way.

Sounds like a solid player, but I would guess that it would all depend on the prognosis for mosey. Unless of course someone else is on the way out, which I doubt.

terry hunt

Looks like he was on a Tryout but just played one game before being released.Has a solid background if he is fit.

Mazzoak

I wish him well.

If l was to guess the move was amicable, he wasn’t here long term & his skill set didn’t really fit into the EIHL. Pretty sure he’s got something lined up & so have we. We’ll know soon enough.
As for us going forward no team is built around one player, whilst it needs some adjustments it shouldn’t cause too many headaches, that is in general. What we currently have is a team badly out of sorts, no chemistry, no enthusiasm, no fight, little game plan. Needing a turn around pretty quickly is an understatement. In fact if they do turn it around, I’d start questioning the cause, is it coaching or disgruntled players.

bb1

McNeil would be exactly what we would need at the back. Solid blue liner who would help us shut down plays which we are struggling with ATM.

However I feel wee also need a spark up top. I've always wished I'd wake up to a signing announcement of Zach Sill one of these days. A superb tough, gritty defensive forward.... Many like myself are a fan of Belfasts Bobby Farnham but compared to Sill....he doesn't come close. Sill is an out and out team guy and someone who could take a game by the scruff of the neck.

All wishful thinking and very unlikely. We can only hope.

Ocko

If we sign a D man, someone will almost certainly have to be released. No way will will carry a spare D who can’t play forward.

Can’t see it. If we get anyone it’ll be a forward.

We aren’t conceding goals because we’re missing a stay at home D man. We’re conceding goals because our TEAM defence has been poor. For those saying we need a stay at home D, do you honestly watch back the goals we concede and work out where it went wrong? I put it in the thread for the Fife game, but it’s relevant here; of the 5 we conceded against Fife, 3 came from the point because the forward coverage of the D was lazy and not good enough, another was an odd man rush, again a forward not getting back quick enough - D men can do very little in an odd man rush until support from the first forward back is there (the final goal was a mess and just one of those things). It’s not just D who are responsible for defending.

august04

I agree that we’re not defending as a team - but then, neither is our forecheck great either. There seems to be a general reluctance to do the dirty, unglamorous stuff. For me, we’re too lightweight at the back end though. I’ve seen more opposing forwards overpower our defence along the boards or drive right between our D men down the middle without anyone getting near them, this season than I have for years. We’re consistently losing the behind the net battles and not clearing the net in front of Bowns either and it has cost us goals all season. I think our defensive recruitment this off season was poor and unbalanced. If we don’t do something about it, we won’t challenge for anything this season. That’s my opinion anyway.

bb1

If we sign a D man, someone will almost certainly have to be released. No way will will carry a spare D who can’t play forward.

Can’t see it. If we get anyone it’ll be a forward.

We aren’t conceding goals because we’re missing a stay at home D man. We’re conceding goals because our TEAM defence has been poor. For those saying we need a stay at home D, do you honestly watch back the goals we concede and work out where it went wrong? I put it in the thread for the Fife game, but it’s relevant here; of the 5 we conceded against Fife, 3 came from the point because the forward coverage of the D was lazy and not good enough, another was an odd man rush, again a forward not getting back quick enough - D men can do very little in an odd man rush until support from the first forward back is there (the final goal was a mess and just one of those things). It’s not just D who are responsible for defending.

Agree there that it is the forwards that are not helping out the defense as they should. I honestly would like to a change somewhere even if it is just to shake things up a bit. There are a few guys on the roster who well and truly need a rocket up their backsides.

Kevin roog

Didn’t Todd in the first q and a just over a month ago say something along the lines of “we probably can’t keep sointu due to budget “so probably means we can’t afford this Chris pronged like player who’s unemployed and waiting for us to call